Competition Terms and Conditions
Webjet 2 Millionth Subscriber Competition
How to enter:
To be in the running to win one (1) $1,000 Webjet Gift Voucher read the following:
Entry into the competition can be made via the following method:
- Enter your details (name, email, phone, date of birth & state) online to receive Webjet’s travel newsletter, via www.webjet.com.au.
- Current subscribers who are part of the Webjet Marketing Pty Ltd email database will automatically go into the draw for a chance to win.
- New customers who make a flight booking at Webjet will be automatically added to Webjet’s travel newsletter in accordance with Webjet’s booking Terms and Conditions.
Each and every promotional email you receive from Webjet will have a secure link at the bottom which will remove you from our marketing database if you choose.
Conditions of entry:
1. Information on how to enter and prizes forms part of these conditions of entry.
2. Entry is limited to residents of Australia over the age of 18 years except employees of the Promoter and its agencies associated with this promotion and their immediate families.
3. This is a game of chance.
4. Should an entrant’s contact details change during the Promotion Period, it is the entrant's responsibility to notify The Promoter. A request to access or modify any information provided in an entry should be directed to The Promoter.
5. The prize must be claimed in full by 3 August 2014.
6. The winner will be responsible for making the necessary arrangements for the prize, as detailed upon winner notification.
7. Unless expressly stated in these terms and conditions all other expenses become the responsibility of the winner.
8. If for any reason the prize, or any element of the prize, becomes unavailable for any reason, which is out of The Promoter’s control then a similar element to equal value will be awarded in lieu subject to the Relevant State Authorities.
- There will be one (1) winner who will receive one (1) $1,000 Webjet Gift Voucher.
- Total prize value is $1,000.
9. Promotion commences at 12pm AEST 17 March 2014, and entries close at 11:59PM AEST 30 April 2014.
- Draw details: The major competition prize will be drawn at midday 1 May 2014. The draw will take place at: Webjet Marketing Pty Ltd, Suite 2, Level 2, 509 St Kilda Road Melbourne 3004. The major prize winner will be the first valid entry drawn at random.
Webjet Gift Voucher Terms and Conditions:
- By purchasing, redeeming or attempting to redeem a Voucher, you accept and agree to be bound by these Webjet Voucher Terms and Conditions, and also the Webjet general website Terms and Conditions.
- Vouchers may be redeemed at www.webjet.com.au.
- Vouchers will take 72 hours to activate, and will not be redeemable for 72 hours after purchase.
- Voucher amounts are in Australian dollars (AUD) and can be redeemed in Australian Dollars only.
- Vouchers and unused portions of vouchers should be spent within 12 months from the date of purchase, which is the "expiry" date indicated on the voucher.
- Vouchers are not redeemable for cash and are not refundable.
- Webjet Vouchers are partially redeemable. Any unused balance must be utilised by the end of the validity period. Any unused balance will not be refunded or credited after the voucher expires.
- Any unused balance will be placed in the recipient's voucher account and is not transferable. The original expiration date will apply to any unused balance.
- Where the cost of purchase exceeds the available voucher balance, the voucher holder will be required to make up the difference between the purchase price and voucher balance.
- Webjet vouchers may be purchased using Visa, MasterCard, American Express or PayPal.
- Vouchers are redeemable for bookings that contain flights or hotels. Vouchers can also be used for hotel bookings or flight bookings that include hotels, travel insurance and car hire. However only the amount payable at the time of booking can be redeemed with a Webjet Gift Voucher. Where a booking contains a hotel or car hire, a credit card must be provided to secure the booking(s).
- Webjet reserves the right to close customer accounts and request alternative forms of payment if a fraudulently obtained voucher is redeemed through the Webjet web site.
- Webjet disclaims responsibility for any lost or stolen vouchers. The voucher holder is responsible for the use and safety of the Voucher and is liable for all transactions on the Voucher.
- To the extent permitted by law, Webjet reserves the right to change any terms contained in these Voucher Terms and Conditions at any time. Changes to the Voucher Terms and Conditions will be published on www.webjet.com.au.
10. Judges' decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. The Promoter, in its absolute discretion, reserves the right to verify the validity of all entries and to disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry process.
11. If the opt-in option is selected at time of entry for the Webjet email marketing list, entering the competition automatically adds your details to the respective email list.
12. All prizes are not redeemable for cash or transferable in full or in part. The winner is responsible for any costs associated with subsequent itinerary changes, cancellations, amendments or other administration charges.
13. The prize winners will be contacted by the Promoter via email on 2 May 2014 to the email address provided in the entry. Winners will be published in The Australian on the 8 May 2014.
14. All entries are deemed to be received at the time of receipt into Webjet's database NOT time of transmission by the entrant.
15. It is the winner’s personal responsibility to ensure that they have valid documentation, including, but not limited to, valid passports and visas, which meet the requirements of immigration and other government authorities. Any fines, penalties, payments or expenditures incurred as a result of such documents not meeting the requirements of those authorities will be the sole responsibility of the winner.
16. Any costs in excess of the value of the Prize are the responsibility of the winner. Excess amounts will be paid by the winner in full at the time of booking flights prior to tickets being issued.
17. Three attempts will be made over 90 days to contact the prize winner prior to the redraw. If the prize remains unclaimed after 90 days, the promoter will conduct a second chance draw at midday 4 August 2014 subject to regulatory authority. Any unclaimed draw winners will be notified via email. The second chance draw will be held at Webjet Marketing Pty Ltd, Suite 2, Level 2, 509 St Kilda Rd Melbourne 3004. The second chance winner will be notified directly in writing and published in The Australian on the 8 August 2014.
18. The winner is responsible for all other expenses including spending money, meals (unless specified), drinks, transfers (unless specified), laundry charges, activities (unless specified), incidentals, taxes (excluding airline and airport taxes) , energy surcharges, gratuities, services charges, passports, visas, travel insurance and all other ancillary costs. Travel insurance is highly recommended to protect against the additional costs incurred in the event of unforeseen circumstances.
19. The entrant releases from and indemnifies the Promoter against all liability, cost, loss or expense arising out of the entrant's participation in the Promotion, or breach of these terms and conditions, including (but not limited to) loss of income, personal injury and damage to property and whether direct or consequential, foreseeable, due to some negligent act or omission or otherwise.
20. The Promoter is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, either caused by the entrant or for any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilised in this competition, or for any technical error, or any combination thereof that may occur in the course of the administration of this competition including any omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line or telephone, mobile or satellite network failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to or alteration of entries.
21. In the event that for any reason whatsoever the winner does not take the prize, or an element of the prize, at the time stipulated by The Promoter then the prize, or that element of the prize, will be forfeited by the winner and cash will not be awarded in lieu.
22. No responsibility accepted for late, lost or misdirected entries.
24. The Promoter is Webjet Marketing Pty Ltd, 84 063 430 848. Webjet Marketing Pty Ltd, Suite 2, Level 2, 509 St Kilda Rd Melbourne 3004.
25. The officers, management and employees (or immediate family of an officer, manager or employee) of Webjet, the Promoter, are not eligible to enter.
26. If for any reason this competition is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond the control of the Promoter which corrupt or affect the administration security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this competition, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process. The Promoter assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to, or alteration of, entries. The Promoter is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any email or entry to be received by the Promoter on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any Website, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to participant's or any other person's computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in this competition.
27. Only email addresses subscribed to Webjet’s travel newsletter at the time of the draw are eligible to win. Those who are unsubscribed will not be in the running to win.
28. If two million subscribers are reached before the closing date, the additional entries will still be accepted into the draw.
This competition is authorised under following permit numbers:
- ACT Permit Number: 14/00692
NSW Permit Number: LTPS/14/01428