Travel Insurance Tips
- Check with the DFAT website (www.smartraveller.gov.au) and check any advisories about the country you are visiting. Then check with the insurance provider to see what conditions apply.
- Leave a copy of your policy certificate with a family member or friend.
- Store emergency phone numbers in your mobile phone.
- Ensure that before you purchase your policy, you have disclosed to your insurer all activities on your holiday that might be considered dangerous, such as mountain climbing, scuba diving or even horse riding. Check that your policy covers your planned activities.
- If you suffer from a pre-existing medical condition, you should discuss this with your insurer before purchasing a policy as exclusions can apply.
- If you have a dispute with your travel insurer, contact the Financial Ombudsman Service, a free and independent dispute resolution service.
Before you buy a policy
- If you travel regularly a yearly multi trip policy might suit you better and save you money.
- Check the cover for baggage and especially for your valuables, such as cameras and laptops. You may be able to pay a fee and extend the cover for valuables if the standard limits aren't high enough.
In the event of a claim
- Keep receipts or valuations to prove ownership of valuables. It is also recommended to take copies incase you lose the originals.
- If your belongings are stolen, report it to the local police and keep a copy of the report: list all items stolen.
- If you need medical treatment or assistance contact your insurer's emergency assist hotline.
The insurer of this product is Zurich Australian Insurance Limited (ZAIL), ABN 13 000 296 640, AFSL 232507. Cover-More Insurance Services Pty Ltd ABN 95 003 114 145, AFSL 241713 (Cover-More) administers the policy (including customer service, medical assessments and claims management). Webjet Marketing Pty Ltd ABN 84 063 430 848 AR 301380 arranges this insurance as an authorised representative of Cover-More Insurance Services.
*Importantly, please note that conditions, exclusions, limits and sub-limits apply. Refer to Policy Wording for more information. Any advice given to You about travel insurance will be of a general nature only and will not take into account Your personal objectives, financial situation or needs. You need to determine whether this product meets Your travel needs and please consider the Policy Wording before making a decision.
If you purchase a policy, we receive a commission which is a percentage of your premium - ask us for more details before we provide you with any services on this product.