Student Travel Insurance
Students need travel insurance for a variety of reasons. Whether it's for a school trip, a volunteering programme or a study-abroad program, having the right cover is essential.
What Are The Risks of Student Travel?
Here are some of the risks that young students face while travelling domestically and abroad:
- Theft or Loss of Belongings: Theft happens everywhere in the world, and often unsuspecting young travellers are prime targets. If your passport, wallet, money or bag is stolen a good travel insurance policy will make sure you have access to emergency funds to get anything replaced.
- Emergency Hospitalisation: When travelling abroad, we are constantly exposed to new people, sights and food. Sometimes our curiosity can lead to an unexpected trip to the hospital. Student travel insurance will make sure you don't have to fit the bill while keeping your family informed of your status.
- Emergency Evacuations: If you're planning a hiking trip into the mountains, a misplaced step or rock fall could result in you needing an emergency medical evacuation. It's an expensive process that could land up costing thousands of dollars if you don't have student travel insurance.
What Coverage Do You Need for Student Travel Insurance?
Here are some of the most useful coverages available to students:
- Medical and dental coverage: If you get sick or need to visit a doctor for any other reason while abroad you can avoid paying for the consultation and any medication.
- Emergency medical union: This coverage provides the necessary funds for a close friend or family member to visit you in cases of hospitalisation.
- Passport and Credit Cards: If your wallet is stolen, you'll be able to claim emergency cash, and the policy will cover any expenses you incur replacing your documents.
- Travel assistance: This service ensures that someone is always available to give you advice. From finding a local doctor to replacing your passport or facilitating an emergency cash transfer from home.
Who Should Get Student Travel Insurance?
Backpacking and Gap Year
Are you planning to travel the world for a couple of months or a year? You'll need travel insurance tailored to your needs as most policies only last 30-60 days.
Students can also get an annual policy that will cover you for multiple short trips throughout the year. It's ideal if you're planning to study abroad for a semester or you're travelling to compete in events. Working and Volunteering Abroad Planning to take advantage of a working holiday abroad or give back your skills? You'll need a policy that will cover you for light work such as picking fruit or manual labour that involves operating machinery.
For volunteers, your travel insurance might not cover you if you're visiting a war zone or an area where a natural disaster recently occurred. If this is the case, you might need to get your policy adjusted to meet your needs.
Trusted by more than 3 million customers
Leading the way in online travel tools and technology, Webjet is Australia and New Zealand's leading online travel agency enabling customers to compare, combine and book the best domestic and international travel flight deals, accommodation and holiday packages.
Money back guarantee
If you aren't 100% satisfied with your policy purchase, Webjet has a 14 day money back guarantee meaning you can cancel your purchase and receive a full refund (permitted you're not making any claims and neither your trip nor policy has started)
Backed by Allianz Global Assistance
Webjet travel insurance is backed by Allianz Global Assistance, the world leader in travel insurance, assistance and personal services. Simply choose get a quote, view your details, select your payment and receive instant confirmation of your travel insurance booking with Webjet and Allianz Global Assistance.
Webjet Marketing Pty Ltd ABN 84 063 430 848 AR 301380 is an authorised representative of AGA Assistance Australia Pty Ltd ABN 52 097 227 177 AFS Licence No. 245631 trading as Allianz Global Assistance. This insurance is issued and managed by Allianz Global Assistance for the insurer Allianz Australia Insurance Limited ABN 15 000 122 850 AFSL 234708. Terms, conditions, limits and exclusions apply. We do not provide any advice on this insurance based on any consideration of your objectives, financial situation or needs. Before making a decision please consider the Combined Financial Services Guide and Product Disclosure Statement (Including Policy Wording). If you purchase a policy, we receive a commission which is a percentage of your premium - ask us for more details.
* For full details of coverage, please visit www.webjet.com.au/travel-insurance
Webjet Travel Insurance
Webjet Marketing Pty Ltd ABN 84 063 430 848 AR 301380 is an authorised representative of AWP Australia Pty Ltd ABN 52 097 227 177 AFSL 245631 trading as Allianz Global Assistance. Travel Insurance is underwritten by Allianz Australia Insurance Limited ABN 15 000 122 850 AFSL 234708 and issued and managed by Allianz Global Assistance. Terms, conditions, limits and exclusions apply. Any advice provided is general advice only and has not taken into consideration your individual objectives, financial situation or needs. Before making a decision please consider the Product Disclosure Statement. If you purchase a policy, we receive a commission which is a percentage of your premium - ask us for more details before we provide you with any services on this product.