Seniors Travel Insurance
Senior travellers need an insurance policy tailored to their specific needs. As you get older, you're more fragile and prone to pre-existing medical conditions. As a result, it's important to make sure you're protected from any unexpected financial losses before leaving for a trip.
What Coverage Do I Need as a Senior Traveler?
To make sure you get the right senior travel insurance for you, it's important to review your health. You need to know what your current health conditions are, what activities you'll be participating in during travel and how long you'll be away.
Once you have all the facts, you'll be able to select a policy that will adequately protect you from any unexpected costs.
What Are The Risks for Travellers Over 65?
- Pre-existing Medical Condition: If your medical condition reoccurs while you're travelling, your medical coverage will be invalid unless you have informed your travel insurance provider of the condition.
- Medical Emergencies: You never know what might happen on a trip. New foods, different climate and different surroundings might result in you getting ill or injured on your journey.
- Trip Cancellation: If your travel provider files for bankruptcy before your trip and ceases operations, you will able to submit a claim with your travel insurance provider.
- Medical Evacuation: Medical evacuations can quickly end up costing thousands of dollars that you don't have. You need to make sure your travel insurance provider will arrange and pay for you to be moved to a qualified hospital.
Benefits of Overseas Travel Medical Insurance for Seniors
- Senior travellers often have health issues that are monitored daily. A comprehensive travel policy will make sure:
- You are covered if admitted to the hospital with a sudden injury or illness.
- You are covered if your pre-existing medical condition requires you to see a doctor.
- You are compensated if your trip is interrupted.
- You don't need to pay emergency evacuation or repatriation of remains costs.
Travel Insurance Requirements for Seniors
- Medical Coverage: This should include emergency medical and dental care as well as hospital room and board, and ambulance services.
- Pre-existing Medical Coverage: This will protect you against high medical costs as a result of your current condition.
- Evacuation: If you need to return home to be treated, this will protect you from further travel costs. It also includes repatriation of your remains.
- Loss of baggage or personal items: If any of your belongings are lost, stolen or destroyed on your trip, you can use your travel insurance policy to submit a claim.
- Other items to consider include: accidental death coverage, and trip interruption or delays
Comprehensive Travel Cover
Benefits of Webjet seniors travel insurance:*
- Overseas medical cover
- Cancellation cover
- Up to $5000 to cover luggage and personal effects
- Travel provider insolvency benefit - up to $10,000
- Rental vehicle excess - up to $3,000
- 43 pre-existing conditions are included under standard medical cover (see product disclosure statement for details)
- Cover for travellers up to 75 years of age
- 24/7 emergency assistance while you're overseas
Trusted by more than 3 million customers
As Australia and New Zealand's biggest online travel agency, Webjet leads the way in online travel tools and technology. Enabling customers to compare, combine and book the best domestic and international travel flight deals, hotel accommodation, holiday package deals, travel insurance and car worldwide, Webjet has your next trip covered.
Money back guarantee
If you aren't 100% satisfied with your policy purchase, Webjet has a 14 day money back guarantee meaning you can cancel your purchase and receive a full refund (permitted you're not making any claims and neither your trip nor policy has started)
Backed by Allianz Global Assistance
Webjet travel insurance is backed by Allianz Global Assistance, the world leader in travel insurance, assistance and personal services. Whether you've lost your luggage, your camera has been damaged or you've hit any unexpected surprises on your trip, Allianz is looking out for you 24/7.
Webjet Marketing Pty Ltd ABN 84 063 430 848 AR 301380 is an authorised representative of AGA Assistance Australia Pty Ltd ABN 52 097 227 177 AFS Licence No. 245631 trading as Allianz Global Assistance. This insurance is issued and managed by Allianz Global Assistance for the insurer Allianz Australia Insurance Limited ABN 15 000 122 850 AFSL 234708. Terms, conditions, limits and exclusions apply. We do not provide any advice on this insurance based on any consideration of your objectives, financial situation or needs. Before making a decision please consider the Combined Financial Services Guide and Product Disclosure Statement (Including Policy Wording). If you purchase a policy, we receive a commission which is a percentage of your premium - ask us for more details.
* For full details of coverage, please visit www.webjet.com.au/travel-insurance
Webjet Travel Insurance
Webjet Marketing Pty Ltd ABN 84 063 430 848 AR 301380 is an authorised representative of AWP Australia Pty Ltd ABN 52 097 227 177 AFSL 245631 trading as Allianz Global Assistance. Travel Insurance is underwritten by Allianz Australia Insurance Limited ABN 15 000 122 850 AFSL 234708 and issued and managed by Allianz Global Assistance. Terms, conditions, limits and exclusions apply. Any advice provided is general advice only and has not taken into consideration your individual objectives, financial situation or needs. Before making a decision please consider the Product Disclosure Statement. If you purchase a policy, we receive a commission which is a percentage of your premium - ask us for more details before we provide you with any services on this product.