Pre-existing Medical Conditions
Medical claims abroad can be expensive. If you have an existing medical condition, please let us know and we can confirm whether we are able to offer cover.
What are Existing Medical Conditions?
An existing medical condition can include any disease, illness, medical or dental condition or physical defect, even if you received treatment, advice or review many years ago. Therefore, it’s important to read the policy wording very carefully to determine whether you have an existing medical condition.
Travel Insurance does not cover claims directly or indirectly arising from or exacerbated by an existing medical condition or related new infections, unless the existing medical condition is approved by the insurer.
Before you purchase your insurance policy, consider contacting the insurer to disclose any existing medical conditions. You can read the Product Disclosure Statement, or speak to Cover-More on 1300 468 601.
Disclosing Information About Your Health
Before you purchase the policy, consider declaring any existing medical condition. There are a couple of ways that you can complete this process, but it is first important to understand that there are three categories of existing medical conditions:
We assess a range of medical conditions to evaluate whether we can provide cover for it. Yours may fall into one of the two following categories.
1. Conditions We Automatically Include
There are more than 30 conditions that are covered automatically at no additional cost for all Webjet Travel Insurance policy holders. You can view the full list on pages 18-21 of the Policy Wording.
Please note that cover for these listed conditions only applies provided that:
- You have not been hospitalised or have required treatment by a medical practitioner in the last 12 months for any of the listed conditions
- You are not under investigation for any of the listed conditions
- You are not awaiting investigation, surgery, treatment or procedures for any of the listed conditions
- Your condition satisfies the criteria outlined in the table on pages 18-21 in the Policy Wording
- And all of your existing medical conditions are on this list
Please note all time frames are measured in relation to the date/time you purchase your policy unless specified otherwise.
2. Conditions We Need to Assess
If your condition(s) aren’t on the list or do not meet the additional requirements outlined, we may need to complete a medical assessment to determine whether cover can be approved. You can complete a medical assessment in one of two ways:
- Online. You have the opportunity to complete a medical assessment online for each traveller when purchasing travel insurance.
- Call. If you’d prefer to talk to our team to discuss your condition(s), please call 1300 468 601.
3. Conditions We Cannot Cover
Certain conditions cannot be covered under any circumstances, including but not limited to:
- Terminal illnesses
- Where travel is undertaken against medical advice
- Conditions that you are travelling to seek advice, treatment or review on.
See the Product Disclosure Statement for more information.
Conditions to Pay Particular Attention To
If you suffer from a chronic lung condition, cardiovascular disease or reduced immunity, any new infections or conditions will not be covered unless we have approved cover for the underlying condition and the additional premium has been paid.
See the Product Disclosure Statement for more information.
Health of Other People Impacting Your Travel (Non-Travellers)
Webjet Travel Insurance can, under certain circumstances, provide limited cover should your travel plans be affected as a result of a disabling injury, sickness or disease of a non-travelling relative or business partner.
For more information of what can be covered, please see the Product Disclosure Statement.
If you are pregnant when you purchase Webjet Travel Insurance, you will need to apply for cover if:
- There have been complications with this pregnancy or a previous pregnancy
- You have a multiple pregnancy, e.g. twins or triplets
The conception was medically assisted, e.g. using assisted fertility treatment including hormone therapies or IVF
Whether you have to apply for cover or not, certain restrictions apply to any claim arising in any way for the pregnancy of any person.
- Cover is only provided for serious, unexpected pregnancy complications that occur up until the 24th week of pregnancy, i.e. up to 23 weeks, 6 days. Please note that gestational age is measured in weeks and days and is calculated from the last known date of Your menstrual period or calculated from staging ultrasound
- Childbirth is not covered
- Costs relating to the health or care of a newborn child are not covered, irrespective of the stage of pregnancy when the child is born
Additional requirements and conditions may apply where an Annual Multi-Trip policy has been purchased.
For more information, please see the Product Disclosure Statement.
Trusted by more than 3 million customers
As Australia and New Zealand's leading online travel agency, Webjet leads the way in online travel tools and technology. Allowing you to compare, combine and book the best domestic deals across Australia, get access to cheap flights, hotel accommodation, holiday packages, car hire and more.
If you aren't 100% satisfied with your policy purchase, Webjet has a 14 day cooling-off period meaning you can cancel your purchase and receive a full refund (provided you're not making any claims and neither your trip nor policy has started).
Powered By Cover-More
Webjet Travel Insurance is backed by Cover-More Travel Insurance, one of the world’s leading Travel Insurance and Medical Assistance providers. With 24/7 assistance, 365 days of the year, Cover-More can assist their policy holders with medical treatment, payment of hospital bills and even assistance with lost or stolen passports.
The insurer of this product is Zurich Australian Insurance Limited (ZAIL), ABN 13 000 296 640, AFSL 232507. Cover-More Insurance Services Pty Ltd ABN 95 003 114 145, AFSL 241713 (Cover-More) administers the policy (including customer service, medical assessments and claims management). Webjet Marketing Pty Ltd ABN 84 063 430 848 AR 301380 arranges this insurance as an authorised representative of Cover-More Insurance Services.
*Importantly, please note that conditions, exclusions, limits and sub-limits apply. Refer to Policy Wording for more information. Any advice given to You about travel insurance will be of a general nature only and will not take into account Your personal objectives, financial situation or needs. You need to determine whether this product meets Your travel needs and please consider the Policy Wording before making a decision.
If you purchase a policy, we receive a commission which is a percentage of your premium - ask us for more details before we provide you with any services on this product.