Travellers who take part in adventure trips are more susceptible to risk. Adventure travel is physically demanding, and it doesn't take much for something to go wrong. Whether you're planning to climb Mt Kilimanjaro in Kenya or go scuba diving in the Galapagos, you need to make sure your travel insurance plan is tailored to your needs.
What is Travel Insurance?
Travel insurance is financial cover to protect you from unexpected events such as trip cancellation, hospital visits and other related losses when you're abroad.
What Benefits Are Available in the Adventure Pack?
Designed for the intrepid traveler, our Adventure Pack is available to purchase with our Comprehensive, Domestic and Multi-Trip Plans by paying an additional premium when you buy your policy. It covers a range of more adventurous sports and activities not automatically included in your policy. Please be aware that some sports and activities are not covered under any circumstances. Check the Product Disclosure Statement for a list of what sports and activities are covered. To be eligible to add this Pack, you must be aged 74 years and under at the time your policy is issued.
By purchasing the Adventure Pack with your insurance policy, you can be covered for a range of activities, including*:
- Animal conservation and handling (under appropriate supervision);
- Battle re-enactment (but not with firearms);
- Cave/river tubing;
- Contact sports (including any form of rugby, Australian Rules football or American football);
- Deep sea fishing;
- Diving underwater using an artificial breathing apparatus at a depth no greater than 30 metres (you must hold an open water diving licence recognised in Australia or dive under licensed instruction);
- Expeditions to or on the Kokoda Track/Trail;
- Flying fox/zip lining;
- Hiking, trekking or tramping, peaking at altitudes from 3,000 metres up to 6,000 metres, where specialist climbing equipment is not required;
- Martial arts (but not training);
- Outdoor rock climbing (with ropes and appropriate safety gear);
- Quad biking (but only single rider);
- Sailing from 11 to 15 nautical miles off any land mass;
- Shooting (but only moving target, e.g. clay pigeon);
- Surface water activities in rivers or rapids graded IV or V under the International Scale of River Difficulty;
- Tandem parachuting, tandem sky diving, tandem hang gliding, tandem gliding and tandem paragliding (but you must be in tandem with a licensed instructor for all these activities); and
- Use of motorcycles with engine capacities greater than 250 cc.
An excess of $500 in addition to any standard excess, applies for all claims under the Overseas Emergency Medical and Hospital Expenses section and the Cancellation section if you purchase this option and your claim arises directly or indirectly from your participation in the listed activities. You cannot pay to remove this excess.
*Exclusions and limitations apply. Please refer to the Combined Product Disclosure Statement and Financial Services Guide for full details.
Read our Product Disclosure Statement for more information.
Trusted by more than 3 million customers
As Australia and New Zealand's leading online travel agency, Webjet leads the way in online travel tools and technology. Allowing you to compare, combine and book the best domestic deals across Australia, get access to cheap flights, hotel accommodation, holiday packages, car hire and more.
If you aren't 100% satisfied with your policy purchase, Webjet has a 14 day cooling-off period meaning you can cancel your purchase and receive a full refund (provided you're not making any claims and neither your trip nor policy has started).
Backed by Allianz Global Assistance
Webjet travel insurance is backed by Allianz Global Assistance, an experienced provider of travel insurance, assistance and personal services. Whether you've lost your luggage, your camera has been damaged or you've hit any unexpected surprises on your trip, Allianz is looking out for you 24/7.
This insurance is underwritten by the insurer Allianz Australia Insurance Limited ABN 15 000 122 850 AFSL 234708 and issued and managed by AWP Australia Pty Ltd ABN 52 097 227 177 AFSL 245631 trading as Allianz Global Assistance. Webjet Marketing Pty Ltd ABN 84 063 430 848 AR 301380 arranges this insurance as an authorised representative of Allianz Global Assistance. *Terms, conditions, limits and exclusions apply. Any advice on this insurance is provided by Allianz Global Assistance and is general advice only and not based on any consideration of your objectives, financial situation or needs. Before making a decision please consider the Combined Product Disclosure Statement and Financial Services Guide. If you purchase a policy, we receive a commission which is a percentage of your premium - ask us for more details before we provide you with any services on this product.
Webjet Travel Insurance
Webjet Marketing Pty Ltd ABN 84 063 430 848 AR 301380 is an authorised representative of AWP Australia Pty Ltd ABN 52 097 227 177 AFSL 245631 trading as Allianz Global Assistance of 74 High Street Toowong QLD 4066 Ph +61 (0)7 3305 7000. Travel insurance is underwritten by Allianz Australia Insurance Limited ABN 15 000 122 850 AFSL 234708 and issued and managed by Allianz Global Assistance. Terms, conditions, limits and exclusions apply. Any advice provided is general advice only and has not taken into consideration your individual objectives, financial situation or needs. Before making a decision please consider the Product Disclosure Statement. If you purchase a policy, we receive a commission which is a percentage of your premium – ask us for more details before we provide you with any services on this product.