Compare Cheap Flights from Launceston to Zagreb, Croatia
Looking for cheap flights to Zagreb from Launceston? Use Webjet's deal finder to help you compare flights, carriers and seating classes all year round. You'll be sure to find the right flight to match your budget, plans and travel preferences.
|Departure Date||Last Updated^|
Cheapest time to fly to Zagreb
Best upcoming flight deals
Currency used in Zagreb
Current Time in Zagreb
Average Temperature in Zagreb
Average Rainfall in Zagreb
See more of Zagreb
A Guide to Zagreb
Know Before You Go
- Beer lovers should head to the Craft Room. It's one street over from Tkalciceva and offers a huge selection of locally brewed craft beers. The best part is that prices start at HRK 7 to 14 for half a litre.
- If you want to escape the city for a day, head to the Medvednica mountain range. There is a 2 to 3 hours hike through the forest that will give you beautiful aerial views of the city below. Plus, you can get there and back by using the tram lines.
- It's not uncommon to find a bar or cafe that only serves drinks. This is because there is a law that prohibits the sale of food in places where smoking is allowed.
- You won't have a problem finding Wi-Fi in Zagreb. The main square and most restaurants have free Wi-Fi available to their customers.
Getting Around Zagreb
- The best way to get around Zagreb is with the tram lines. 15 routes go around the city during the day with four-night lines. Trams run every 5 to 10 minutes with night time services running every 40 minutes. You can buy a single trip ticket or packs of ten at newspaper kiosks.
- If you want to get some exercise and see the city at your own pace, you can rent a bicycle. However, the service isn't as straightforward compared to other European countries. You'll need to pre-register online and activate your account with funds. The first 30 minutes of rental is free and it's HRK 8 for every hour after that.
- Zagreb also has an extensive bus service, but if you are on limited time your best option is the hop on, hop off service. The red route runs throughout the city centre while the green route follows a much longer route to places like Lake Bundek. The buses run several times a day, and a full-day ticket costs HRK 70.
- If you don't want to use public transportation, the city also has metered taxis that you can hail from the curb. But if you are on a budget, it will be cheaper to download the ride-sharing app Uber for more favourable rates.
When is The Best Time to Visit Zagreb?
The best time to visit Zagreb is during it's summer months. From July to August the sunny days are perfect to take in the city's sights and explore it's ocean depths. Just remember to pack sunscreen and a hat to beat the heat. The only downside to visiting this time of year is that it's the city's high season. Expect large crowds of tourists and higher prices for flights and hotels.
If you want to avoid the crowds, the best time to visit is during the shoulder months of May and September. The weather is still warm, with a higher chance of rain but you'll score on minimal crowds and lower hotel prices. The cooler weather also makes it the perfect time of year to go hiking through the city's beautiful countryside.
While the winters are colder and wetter, it's still not a bad time to visit Zagreb. The city is free from the throngs of tourists, and you'll have its famous sites all to yourself. For budget travellers, prices at hotels hit rock bottom, so you'll be able to snap up incredible bargains.
Airports in Zagreb
Zagreb airport, also known as Franjo Tudman airport, is 10 km from the city centre. It's the largest airport in the country with international flights to most of Europe and domestic connections throughout Croatia. Zagreb Airport is also a hub for the Croatian flag carrier Croatia Airlines.
Getting To and From Zagreb Airport
The ZET (Zagreb Electric Tram) is a new bus line running between the airport and the city centre. The bus runs every 35 minutes with the first departure at 4:20 am from Monday to Saturday and 5:20 am on Sundays. The last departure is just after midnight every day.