Compare Cheap Flights from Cairns to Vancouver, Canada
Looking for cheap flights to Vancouver from Cairns? Use Webjet's deal finder to help you compare flights, carriers and seating classes all year round. You'll be sure to find the right flight to match your budget, plans and travel preferences.
|Departure Date||Last Updated^|
Cheapest time to fly to Vancouver
Best upcoming flight deals
Currency used in Vancouver
Current Time in Vancouver
Average Temperature in Vancouver
Average Rainfall in Vancouver
See more of Vancouver
Know Before You Go
- If you come across a bear in town, don't feed it. It is nearly impossible to get a bear to leave the city and return to the wilderness once it has discovered garbage and other scraps of food.
- Don't forget to tip for services in Canada. Tip wait staff, taxi drivers, bartenders, porters, baggage handlers, housekeeping and hair and beauty salons 15% - 20% of the total cost.
- Vancouver is big on the food truck scene. Try some delicious cuisines for lower prices than at a standard restaurant.
- If you want to save money on skiing costs, go at night. Lift tickets between 4 pm to 10 pm at Grouse Mountain are 20% cheaper.
- East Vancouver is the best neighboured in the city for beer tasting. You'll find most of the top breweries here making it easy to brewery hop.
- Renting a car in Vancouver? Download the app "Pay By Phone" to refill your parking meter by credit card if you run out of coins. All you need is your license plate number and parking meter number to pay with a swipe of your finger.
Getting Around Vancouver
Vancouver is known for being a walkable city, but it also has various public transportation options to get to your destination faster.
Buses in Vancouver run from 5am to 1am with a limited NightBus service during the early hours of the morning. It's a safe and affordable way to get back to your hotel after an evening of bar-hopping.
SkyTrain is one of the fastest ways to get around the city. The trains are also wheelchair accessible and linked with bus services to reduce your commute time. Trains leave every five minutes during peak hours and run from 5:30 am to 1 am.
The SeaBus is a unique way to get around the city. The 12-minute ferry ride gives passengers beautiful views of the city, sea and mountains. It leaves every 15 minutes during the day and every 30 minutes in the evening with the last boat departing Lonsdale Quay at 1 am.
There are no Uber’s in Vancouver as the Ministry of Transportation voted against them. If you need a ride, it's best to call ahead as you will have a hard time finding one from the curb.
When is The Best Time to Visit Vancouver?
The best time to visit Vancouver is during spring (March to May) and autumn (September to November). The temperatures are mild, and accommodation rates drop to bargain prices making it the perfect time to nab deals before the summer and winter crowds arrive.
Summer (June to August) is the most popular time of year to visit Vancouver. Travellers from all over come to take part in the city's outdoor activities and special events, and as a result, hotels hike up their prices. To make sure you get a room at a reasonable price, book your accommodation at least three weeks in advance.
December to February is the best time of year to visit Vancouver for winter sports enthusiasts. Base yourself in the city and join the powder hounds tackling the slopes at Grouse Mountain. Despite the crowds, hotel prices are at their lowest in winter, but the frequent rain could ruin some of your outdoor plans.
Airports in Vancouver
Vancouver International Airport is located 12 km from downtown Vancouver and is the second busiest airport in Canada. It's considered the best Canadian Airport and made the list of the top 10 airports in the world for three years in a row. It's a hub for Air Canada, Westjet and Pacific Coastal Airlines as well as a focus city for Air North, Air Transat and Sunwing Airlines.
Getting to and from Vancouver International Airport
The Canada Line is the best way to get to and from the airport. It will cost you under CAD 13 to get to Richmond and downtown Vancouver. The train departs from both the arrival and departures levels at the airport.
If you need a taxi to take you to your hotel, more than 500 licensed drivers serve the airport and it should cost you CAD 35 to get into town. There are also wheelchair accessible vehicles, and no reservations are required.
Travellers that want to hire their own car during their stay can do so at the airport. But you will need to book your vehicle at least 48 hours in advance.
There is also a courtesy shuttle service to many of the hotels in the Vancouver area. You can find the pickup points outside of Arrivals Level 2 International Terminal and Arrivals Level 1 Domestic Terminal.