Compare Cheap Flights from Sydney to Townsville, Australia
Looking for cheap flights to Townsville from Sydney? Use Webjet's deal finder to help you compare flights, carriers and seating classes all year round. You'll be sure to find the right flight to match your budget, plans and travel preferences.
*Prices on this page are subject to change without notice, perform a search to view live pricing. Prices are inclusive of taxes and airline surcharges. Webjet flight fees per booking: Webjet Servicing Fee: Domestic $21.95, NZ/Pacific $24.95, International $32.95. Booking Price Guarantee: Domestic $12.95, NZ/Pacific $14.95, International $21.95. Varying payment fees are included in the price breakdown on Webjet’s checkout page, once your payment method has been selected.
|Departure Date||Last Updated^|
Cheapest time to fly to Townsville
Best upcoming flight deals
Currency used in Townsville
Current Time in Townsville
Average Temperature in Townsville
Average Rainfall in Townsville
See more of Townsville
Cheap Sydney to Townsville Flights
Townsville offers intrepid travellers an array of exciting experiences. From the awe-inspiring Great Barrier Reef to the World Heritage Wet Tropics and the great Australian outback.
Whatever kind of adventure you're looking for, a flight from Sydney to Townsville will only take 2h 40 min to get you there. Book your flights with leading airlines Jetstar or Virgin Australia and pick one of the 10 direct weekly flights that best suit your budget and travel dates.
Ready to explore some of Australia's greatest outdoor experiences? Here's everything you need to know about flying from Sydney to Townsville without a hitch!
Departing from Sydney Airport
Sydney Airport is located 8km from the city centre. It's the largest and busiest airport in Australia and offers passengers free WiFi, VIP Lounges, restaurants, shops and ATMs in each of its terminals.
Getting to Sydney Airport
The fastest way to get from the city to Sydney Airport is with the train. Take the T8 Airport Line, and you'll arrive at the departure terminals in under 15 minutes. The trains leave the CBD every 10 minutes and run from 5:00 a.m. to midnight seven days a week.
Travelling to Townsville on a strict budget? Take the public bus to the airport. Route 400 runs from the city and terminates outside the T1 International and T3 Domestic terminals. A single trip will only cost you AUD 5.60.
Taxis and ridesharing services like Uber are also available, but they are the more pricer option. A drive to Sydney Airport usually takes 20-minutes if there is no traffic and will set you back AUD 45-55.
Parking Options at Sydney Airport
- For weekend trips to Townsville leave your car in either the P1 or P2 car park. It's only a 5-minute walk to the Domestic Terminals, and you can even book your spot online to save time.
- If you're spending a week or more away, you'll get better value for money by leaving your car in P3. It has daily discounted rates that make it a far cheaper option in the long run.
- The cheapest parking option at Sydney Airport is the Blu Emu. It is located on Ross Smith Avenue, and there is a free 24-hour shuttle that runs between the terminals and the car park.
Arriving at Townsville Airport
Getting from Townsville Airport to Your Hotel
Staying at one of the hotels in town? Take the city shuttle from the airport to your accommodation. It runs every day and will drop you right outside of selected Townsville Hotels.
If you want to take the bus, Ingham travel operates four return trips from the airport to Ingham every day. The same company also has routes to Lucinda, Cardwell and Mission Beach.
The taxi stands are located outside of the terminals. A one-way trip will cost you AUS 12-15 and takes about 10-15 minutes depending on the traffic.
The car rental desks are located in the arrivals terminal area. Once you've chosen your vehicle, you can find it in the rental car park situated at the end of the terminal building.
Things to Do in Townsville
- Don't leave Townsville without visiting The Strand. It's home to trendy cafes, beautiful parks and a vibrant marina. It's the perfect place to visit if you're travelling with your family. Plus if you need some R&R you can visit the famous Tobruk Memorial Baths.
- Want to learn more about Australia's past? Visit the Cultural Centre and spend an afternoon browsing ancient Aboriginal artefacts, watching a contemporary performance and learning about their unique way of life.
- If you love nature, a trip to Magnetic Island is a must. Located only 8km from the city, more than 50% of the islands land mass is a national park. Tackle one of the walking trails and see how many different types of flora and fauna you can spot.
- Another island that deserves a spot on any Townsville bucket list is Maggie Island. It's home to Australia's largest koala bear colony and is one of the best places to see these creatures in their natural habitat.