Compare Cheap Flights from Brisbane to Townsville, Australia
Looking for cheap flights to Townsville from Brisbane? Use Webjet's deal finder to help you compare flights, carriers and seating classes all year round. You'll be sure to find the right flight to match your budget, plans and travel preferences.
*Prices on this page are subject to change without notice, perform a search to view live pricing. Prices are inclusive of taxes and airline surcharges. Webjet fees per flight booking: Webjet Servicing Fee: Domestic $21.95, NZ/Pacific $24.95, International $32.95. Booking Price Guarantee: Domestic $12.95, NZ/Pacific $14.95, International $21.95. Varying payment fees are included in the price breakdown on Webjet’s checkout page, once your payment method has been selected.
Route information for flights from Brisbane to Townsville
|Cheapest one-way price for the current month||from $291|
|Cheapest one-way price over next 6 months||from $100|
|Cheapest month||August 2020|
|Popular month||May 2020|
|Average flight time||1h 55m|
Cheapest time to fly to Townsville
Best upcoming flight deals
Currency used in Townsville
Current Time in Townsville
Average Temperature in Townsville
Average Rainfall in Townsville
See more of Townsville
Cheap Townsville to Brisbane Flights
Townsville is one of Australia's top holiday destinations. It's full of action-packed adventure and breathtaking natural beauty.
In just 1h 45 min, you can fly from Brisbane to Townsville and discover for yourself all that this Sunshine Coast city has to offer. Book your direct flight with either Jetstar, Qantas, Tigerair or Virgin Australia, choose one of the 81 weekly flights, and you'll be on your way to exploring one of Australia's hottest travel regions.
Ready to head for the clouds? Here's everything you need to know about flying from Brisbane to Townsville.
Departing from Brisbane Airport
Getting to Brisbane Airport
Take the SkyTrain. It's one of the fastest ways to get from the city to the airport. A one-way trip costs AUD 15 and only takes 20 minutes. Trains leave the CBD stations every 15 minutes from 5:04 a.m. to 10:04 p.m.
If you're on a tight budget, go on the public bus. Routes 569 and 590 connect passengers from the city centre to the airport. To save time, you can also book a direct transfer from your hotel to the departures terminal.
Taxis and ride-sharing services are also available in Brisbane. A one-way trip will you cost you around AUD 33-42 depending on traffic.
Parking at Brisbane Airport
- Park Long: Choose this option if you're leaving your car at the airport for longer than four hours. It's close to the domestic terminals and is a short distance to the check-in counters.
- Park Premium: This is the best option if you don't mind paying extra for convenience. Located on level 3 of the P1 Domestic car park, you'll have exclusive access to express entry and exit ramps.
- Park Valet: If you don't want to waste time when you arrive at the airport, leave your car at the valet parking area. The airport staff will take care of the rest, and you'll be right by the departure terminals.
Arriving at Townsville Airport
Getting from Townsville Airport to Your Hotel
Take the city shuttle to your hotel. It runs every day from the airport and will drop you off at selected Townsville Hotels.
Ingham travel runs four return trips from the airport to Ingham every day. The company also has buses that operate to Lucinda, Cardwell and Mission Beach.
Taxis and ridesharing services like Uber will cost AUD 12-15 for a single trip to the airport. Depending on the traffic, journey time from the CBD is about 10-15 minutes.
Rental car desks are conveniently located in the terminal arrivals area. Cars can be picked up and dropped off at the rental car park, located at the arrivals end of the terminal.
Things to Do in Townsville
- Visit The Strand. It's filled with trendy cafes, parks, playgrounds and a marina. It's a great place to go for families and is also home to relaxing Tobruk Memorial Baths.
- Learn about Australia's Aboriginal Tribes. The Cultural Centre has traditional artefacts and hosts a contemporary performance by the indigenous people.
- Spend a day exploring Magnetic Island. Located only 8 km from Townsville, it's the perfect day trip for nature lovers. The island's national park covers more than 50% of its landmass and is home to a plethora of flora and fauna.
- Go up Castle Hill. It stands nearly 300 meters above sea level and is one of the most prominent natural features in Queensland, Australia.
- Visit Maggie Island. It's one of the best destinations to see some of Australia's famous wildlife in their natural habitats. Walk along the famous trails, and there's a pretty good chance you'll spot Australia's biggest koala colony.