Compare Cheap Flights from Adelaide to Townsville, Australia
Looking for cheap flights to Townsville from Adelaide? Use Webjet's deal finder to help you compare flights, carriers and seating classes all year round. You'll be sure to find the right flight to match your budget, plans and travel preferences.
Flights: Webjet Servicing Fee: Domestic $21.95, NZ/Pacific $24.95, International $32.95. Booking Price Guarantee: Domestic $12.95, NZ/Pacific $14.95, International $21.95
Varying payment fees are included in the price breakdown on Webjet’s checkout page, once your payment method has been selected.
Flight prices are indicative, based on passenger numbers and may vary dependent on your individual flight dates. Prices were found by customers on the date in the right hand column labelled "Last Search Update" and may vary. Complete a new search to view live pricing.
Cheap Adelaide to Townsville Flights
Want to get off the beaten track? Head to Townsville. It's North Queensland's underrated holiday destination that's close to some of Australia's top attractions. It's right next to the Great Barrier Reef, and it boasts 300 days of sunshine a year, making it an excellent choice for an all-around travel spot.
With daily flights between Adelaide and Townsville, you can be exploring the city in just 5 hours. Book your trip with leading airlines such as Virgin Australia, Jetstar or Qantas and use Webjet to uncover the lowest airfare rates.
Ready to head for the clouds? Here's everything you need to know about flying from Adelaide to Townsville!
Departing from Adelaide Airport
Getting to Adelaide Airport
Take the local bus. JetExpress and JetBus both run a daily service from the CBD to the departure terminal.
Book your spot on the airport shuttle service. If you're staying at select Adelaide hotels, you can be fetched from your accommodation and taken to the airport for AUD 10 per person.
Hail a cab or use a ride-sharing service like Uber. The trip will take about 20-minutes depending on traffic and cost between AUD 13-17.
Parking at Adelaide Airport
Adelaide Airport has two parking options for travellers:
- Terminal Car Park: Leave your vehicle here if you're going to Townsville for a short period. The spaces are close to the check-in counters, and you'll get the most value for your money.
- Long Term Car Park: If you're going away for a week or longer, use this lot for cheaper daily rates. While it is further away from the terminal building, you can use the free shuttle bus to get to and from your vehicle.
Arriving at Townsville Airport
Getting from Townsville Airport to Your Hotel
Take the city shuttle bus. If you are staying at one of the select Townsville hotels, you can use this service to get dropped off right outside your accommodation.
Use the local bus. Ingham travel operates a service between the airport and the CBD four times a day. It also has routes that stop by Mission Beach, Lucinda and Cardwell.
Grab a taxi. The cab drivers will be waiting outside of the arrivals terminal. A ride into town will cost between AUD 12-15 and take 10-15 minutes depending on the traffic.
Rent a car. If you're planning a few day trips from Townsville or you want more freedom getting around, you'll find several rental companies to choose from inside the Arrivals Hall.
Things to Do in Townsville
- Dive the Yongala Wreck. It's one of Australia's best dives located three hours from the city's shoreline. Under the water, you'll find a wide range of marine life, including bull sharks, manta rays and if you're lucky an endangered sea turtle or two.
- Wander down The Stand. Stretching over 2km, the strip is home to beautiful parks, trendy cafes and playgrounds. It's the perfect spot to bring the family if you want to relax and enjoy views of Magnetic Island in the distance.
- Discover Australia's past at the Cultural Centre. You can browse Aboriginal artefacts, watch a contemporary performance and learn about their ancient traditions and history.
- Go island hopping. No trip to Townsville would be complete without making your way to its famous Magnetic Island or Maggie Island. It's the ultimate day trip for nature lovers, and both islands are teeming with walking trails, tropical flora and an abundance of wildlife.
Townsville, Australia - Townsville Airport (TSV)
Townsville Airport is the major regional airport for Northern Queensland city of Townsville.