Compare Cheap Flights from Sydney to Tamworth, Australia
Looking for cheap flights to Tamworth from Sydney? Use Webjet's deal finder to help you compare flights, carriers and seating classes all year round. You'll be sure to find the right flight to match your budget, plans and travel preferences.
|Departure Date||Last Updated^|
Cheapest time to fly to Tamworth
Best flight deals in April
Cheapest Price from Sydney to Tamworth
Currency used in Tamworth
Average Time to Tamworth
Current Time in Tamworth
Average Temperature in Tamworth
Average Rainfall in Tamworth
See more of Tamworth
Cheap Sydney to Tamworth Flights
Tamworth is Australia's country music capital. Its home to the famous Tamworth Country Music Festival and is known for its delicious food, wine and thrilling rodeo events.
With 46 direct flights each week from Sydney to Tamworth, you can discover for yourself what makes this city unique in just one hour. Book your trip with either Qantas or Virgin Australia and use Webjet to find the cheapest time to fly.
Ready to explore someplace new? Here's everything you need to know about flying from Sydney to Tamworth without a hitch.
Departing from Sydney Airport
Getting to Sydney Airport
If you want to avoid Sydney's traffic, take the train. It's the fastest way to get to the airport with a journey time of only 13-minutes. The T8 Airport Line runs every day from 5:00 a.m. to midnight and leaves the CBD every 10 minutes.
The public bus is a budget-friendly way to get to Sydney Airport. Route 400 runs from the CBD every day and stops outside the T1 International and T2 Domestic terminals every day. A one-way trip will only set you back AUD 5.60.
Ride-sharing services like Uber and metered taxis are also available. A ride from the city centre to the airport should cost you between AUD 45-55 and take only 20-minutes if there is no traffic.
Parking Options at Sydney Airport
If you're going to Tamworth for the day or the weekend, leave your car in P1 or P2. You'll get better short-term rates, and the parking spaces are close the terminal building.
For longer trips, P3 offers the best value for money. You'll be able to take advantage of the daily discounted rates, and you'll be within a short walking distance of the terminals and check-in counters.
The cheapest parking option at Sydney Airport is Blu Emu. While the parking lot is a 15-minute drive from the terminals, there is a free 24-hour shuttle bus that you can use.
Which Domestic Terminal Will Your Sydney to Tamworth Flight Depart From?
- If you're flying with Virgin Australia, your flight will depart from Terminal 2.
- Qantas flights to Tamworth usually leave from Terminal 3
Arriving at Tamworth
Getting From Tamworth Airport To Your Hotel
There are no public buses or trains that service Tamworth Airport.
The best way to get from the city to the airport is to take a taxi. A one-way trip costs between AUD 25 to AUD 30 and will take 15-minutes.
If you prefer having your own set of wheels, you can hire a car. The rental desks are in the arrivals terminal, and there are a few different companies to choose from.
Things To Do in Tamworth
- Visit Gostwyck Chapel, also known as All Saints Anglican Church. It was built in 1921 and is covered by a Virginia Creeper. The avenue leading up to the church is flanked by 200 Elm trees, making the site a popular photography spot. The best time to visit is during autumn when the trees turn gold and creeper turns the church red.
- Go the award-winning Alma Park. It's home to Mount Mutton Walking Trail that will give you a birds-eye view of the town below. The track is well-marked and takes about 30-45 minutes to reach the top depending on your fitness level.
- Spend the day at Rock Creek Gorge and Glacial Forms. The area dates back to 290 million years ago and is known for its precise geometric forms produced by nature. It's a wonderful place to go swimming, camping or hiking.
- No visit to Tamworth would be complete without embracing its country music heritage. Visit the Country Music Hall of Fame and learn all about the artists that have made country music so popular in Australia. You'll be able to see original instruments, clothing and other collectables from pioneers of the genre.