Compare Cheap Flights from Karratha to Tamworth, Australia
Looking for cheap flights to Tamworth from Karratha? Use Webjet's deal finder to help you compare flights, carriers and seating classes all year round. You'll be sure to find the right flight to match your budget, plans and travel preferences.
|Departure Date||Last Updated^|
Cheapest time to fly to Tamworth
Best upcoming flight deals
Currency used in Tamworth
Current Time in Tamworth
Average Temperature in Tamworth
Average Rainfall in Tamworth
See more of Tamworth
A Guide to Tamworth
Know Before You Go
- Attend the Tamworth Country Music Festival. It's been rated one of the world's coolest festivals by Forbes and attracts thousands of people each year.
- Be prepared before visiting the national park. If you want to go on a hike make sure to check the weather forecasts and find out the difficulty level of the walk before you start.
- You can hire a car with foreign driver's licence. But make sure you stick to the road rules as Australia is known for its heavy fines.
- Beware of snakes. If you're hiking and get bitten by a snake call 000 for an ambulance. Remember to apply a pressure-immobilisation bandage until you reach the hospital. Don't wash, suck or cut the bite.
- Visit The Big Golden Guitar Tourist Centre. It's home to wax figures of Chad Morgan, Jean Stafford and Johnny Chester. There's also the Australian Country Music Hall of Fame where you can see original memorabilia from some of the country's biggest stars.
Getting Around Tamworth
- Walk around town. You can explore most of the city's attractions on foot. There are pedestrian and cycle paths to help you get around safely without hiring a car.
- Take the bus. There are a few companies that run routes through Tamworth on weekdays. If you are visiting during the Country Music Festival, there are extra bus routes added to help you get around.
- Hail a taxi. Metered taxis are available in the city. You can either go to a nearby taxi rank or call ahead to book your ride.
- Rent a car. If you want to explore any attractions outside of the CBD, you will need to hire a car to get around.
When is The Best Time to Visit Tamworth?
With comfortable temperatures all-year around, a trip to Tamworth is always a good idea.
The hottest months are December to February. Average daytime temperatures reach highs of 26C. In this early period of the year, Tamworth receives the majority of its rainfall.
But despite the less than perfect weather, it's one of the most popular times to visit thanks to the Tamworth Country Music Festival. Held in January each year, you'll be able to discover some of the region's best new and established artists.
Just make sure you book your flights and accommodation well in advance to lock in lower prices and to make sure you get your first choice hotel.
If you're looking to escape the heat, plan your trip for the fall or winter months. From June to August, temperatures cool down but rarely go below 7C. The Outback can get chilly at night, so if you're planning on camping make sure you bring enough layers to stay warm.
Airports in Tamworth
Tamworth is a regional airport in New South Wales. It's located 10 km from the city centre and operates domestic routes to Brisbane and Sydney. The airlines that serve the airport include Virgin Australia, Eastern Australia Airlines, Fly Corporate and JetGo Australia.
Getting To and From Tamworth Airport
There is no public transport, and that runs to and from Tamworth Airport.
The best way to get into the CBD is to take a taxi. You'll find the cabs waiting outside the arrivals hall. A one-way trip costs around AUD 25 and takes 15-minutes.
You can also hire a car at the airport. There are several rental desks in the arrival terminal that you can choose from.