Compare Cheap Flights from Tamworth to Sydney, Australia
Looking for cheap flights to Sydney from Tamworth? Use Webjet's deal finder to help you compare flights, carriers and seating classes all year round. You'll be sure to find the right flight to match your budget, plans and travel preferences.
|Departure Date||Last Updated^|
*Prices on this page are subject to change without notice, perform a search to view live pricing. Prices are inclusive of taxes and airline surcharges. Webjet fees per flight booking: Webjet Servicing Fee: Domestic $21.95, NZ/Pacific $24.95, International $32.95. Booking Price Guarantee: Domestic $12.95, NZ/Pacific $14.95, International $21.95. Varying payment fees are included in the price breakdown on Webjet’s checkout page, once your payment method has been selected.
^Flight prices are indicative, based on passenger numbers and may vary dependent on your individual flight dates. Prices were found by customers on the date in the right hand column labelled "Last Updated" and may vary. Complete a new search to view live pricing.
Cheapest time to fly to Sydney
Best flight deals in September
Cheapest Price from Tamworth to Sydney
Currency used in Sydney
Average Time to Sydney
Current Time in Sydney
Average Temperature in Sydney
Average Rainfall in Sydney
See more of Sydney
Cheap Tamworth to Sydney Flights
With its iconic cityscapes, beautiful beaches and delectable foodie scene, a trip to Sydney is never dull. Whether you're exploring it's famous landmarks or tackling it's biggest waves, you'll always find something to do in the Harbour City.
With 46 direct flights each week from Tamworth to Sydney, you'll be exploring the city in just one hour. Book your trip with either Qantas or Virgin Australia and use Webjet to find the lowest possible airfare prices.
Ready to head for the clouds? Here's everything you need to know about flying from Tamworth to Sydney!
Getting to Tamworth Airport
There are no public buses or trains that service Tamworth Airport.
The best way to get from the city to the airport is to take a taxi. A one-way trip should cost AUD 25 to AUD 30 and will take 15-minutes.
Tamworth Airport Parking
There are two parking options available for passengers at Tamworth Airport:
- Short-Term Car Park: If you're only going to Sydney for a few hours, park your car here. The maximum daily rate is AUD 10, and the weekly rate is AUD 60.
- Long-Term Car Park: For trips longer than a day, leave your car here. The maximum daily rate is AUD 8, and a weekly stay will only set you back AUD 35.
Arriving at Sydney Airport
Getting from Sydney Airport to Your Hotel
Want to avoid Sydney's notorious traffic? The best way to beat those pesky traffic jams is to take the train. It departs from the airport every 10-minutes from 5:00 a.m. to midnight and has a total journey time of 13-minutes.
If you're travelling to Sydney on a budget, take the local bus. It's the most cost-effective way to get from the airport to the CBD. Route 400 services the airport daily and it costs only AUD 5.60 each way.
For travellers that prefer taking taxis, you'll find the cabs waiting outside the terminal buildings. A trip into the city should only set you back AUD 44-55, and it takes 20-minutes if there is no traffic.
For ridesharing services like Uber, meet your driver at the priority pick-up area.
Want to hire your own car? You'll find the rental companies on the arrivals level of T2 and T3.
Things to Do in Sydney
- Love catching a wave? Then spend a day at Shark Island. It boasts some of Australia's heaviest waves and attracts surfers from all over the world. Even if you aren't brave enough to try to hang ten, it's still a beautiful place to relax and watch everyone else try their luck.
- Do all the touristy things in Sydney - they are popular for a reason! Climb Harbour Bridge, get a picture in front of the Sydney Opera House and work on your tan at Bondi Beach.
- Explore the Royal Botanic Gardens. Entrance is free, and it's one of the best ways to kill a couple of hours. Wander around the pathways and marvel at the garden's collection of exotic plants.
- If you love history, The Hyde Park Barracks Museum is a must-visit. It's one of the country's most important convict locations and is a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Entrance only costs AUD 10, and each ticket includes a 45-minute guided tour.