Compare Cheap Flights from Sunshine coast to Sydney, Australia
Looking for cheap flights to Sydney from Sunshine coast? Use Webjet's deal finder to help you compare flights, carriers and seating classes all year round. You'll be sure to find the right flight to match your budget, plans and travel preferences.
*Prices on this page are subject to change without notice, perform a search to view live pricing. Prices are inclusive of taxes and airline surcharges. Webjet fees per flight booking: Webjet Servicing Fee: Domestic $21.95, NZ/Pacific $24.95, International $32.95. Booking Price Guarantee: Domestic $12.95, NZ/Pacific $14.95, International $21.95. Varying payment fees are included in the price breakdown on Webjet’s checkout page, once your payment method has been selected.
^Flight prices are indicative, based on passenger numbers and may vary dependent on your individual flight dates. Prices were found by customers on the date in the right hand column labelled "Last Updated" and may vary. Complete a new search to view live pricing.
Route information for flights from Sunshine coast to Sydney
|Cheapest one-way price for the current month||from $74|
|Cheapest one-way price over next 6 months||from $74|
|Cheapest month||March 2020|
|Popular month||August 2020|
|Average flight time||1h 35m|
Cheapest time to fly to Sydney
Best flight deals in March
Currency used in Sydney
Current Time in Sydney
Average Temperature in Sydney
Average Rainfall in Sydney
See more of Sydney
Cheap Sunshine Coast to Sydney Flights
Sydney is not the capital of Australia, but it is one of the most well-known cities in the world. No trip to Australia would be complete without visiting its iconic buildings, beautiful beaches and interesting cultural activities.
With 43 direct flights a week from the Sunshine Coast to Sydney, you can be exploring all that the Harbour City has to offer in just 1h 35 min. Book your trip with either Jetstar, Qantas or Virgin Australia and use Webjet to help you find the lowest possible airfares.
Ready to hit the skies and go on an adventure? Here's everything you need to know about flying from the Sunshine Coast to Sydney.
Departing from Sunshine Coast
Getting to Sunshine Coast Airport
The cheapest way to get from the city to the airport is with the Translink buses. Take route 622 that runs from the city to the departure terminals, 7-days a week.
Metered taxis are also available. A trip from Noosa to the airport will cost around AUD 25.
Another option is to take one of the shuttle service options. Henry's Airporter and Con-X-ion both run regular services from the airport to nearby areas.
Parking at Sunshine Coast
The Sunshine Coast offers three different parking options for travellers. All of them are conveniently located near the terminal building and spots can be reserved online.
- Short Stay: This is the ideal option if you are dropping off family and friends or staying for less than a day. There is also a premium short-term option, and rates start at AUD 6 for the first three hours.
- Long Stay: If you're visiting Sydney for a week or longer, this is the best option for extended stays. You'll get better value for your money, and the bays are located 3-minutes from the terminal. Rates start at AUD 18 for the first 24 hours.
- Long Stay Plus: If you want added convenience, leave your car here. The car park is fenced, covered from the elements and is close to the terminal buildings. Prices start from AUD 19 for the first 24 hours.
Arriving at Sydney Airport
Getting from Sydney Airport to Your Hotel
In a rush? The fastest way to get from the airport into Sydney's city centre is with the train. It leaves the airport every 10 minutes from 5:00 to midnight and has a total journey time of 13-minutes.
If you're visiting Sydney on a budget, the most affordable way to get into town is with the public bus. Route 400 will take you into the CBD for only AUD 5.60.
Metered taxis are located outside of the terminal buildings. A trip into the city usually costs AUD 44-55 and takes about 20-minutes.
For ridesharing services like Uber, meet your driver at the priority pick-up area.
Want to hire your own car? You'll find the rental companies on the arrivals level of T2 and T3.
Things to Do in Sydney
- If you love surfing, no trip to Sydney would be complete without visiting Shark Island. It's home to some of Australia's heaviest waves and is where the best surfers in the world come to test out their skills.
- While it is super touristy, visiting Sydney's famous landmarks is a must. Climb up the Harbour Bridge, visit the Sydney Opera House and work on your tan at Bondi Beach.
- Pack a picnic and go to the Royal Botanic Gardens. Entrance is free, and it's full of beautiful pathways and exotic plant life.
- Visit The Hyde Park Barracks Museum. It's a UNESCO World Heritage Site and one of Australia's most significant convict locations. Tickets cost only AUD 10 and include a 45-minute guided tour.