Compare Cheap Flights from Rockhampton to Sydney, Australia
Looking for cheap flights to Sydney from Rockhampton? Use Webjet's deal finder to help you compare flights, carriers and seating classes all year round. You'll be sure to find the right flight to match your budget, plans and travel preferences.
|Departure Date||Last Updated^|
*Prices on this page are subject to change without notice, perform a search to view live pricing. Prices are inclusive of taxes and airline surcharges. Webjet fees per flight booking: Webjet Servicing Fee: Domestic $21.95, NZ/Pacific $24.95, International $32.95. Booking Price Guarantee: Domestic $12.95, NZ/Pacific $14.95, International $21.95. Varying payment fees are included in the price breakdown on Webjet’s checkout page, once your payment method has been selected.
^Flight prices are indicative, based on passenger numbers and may vary dependent on your individual flight dates. Prices were found by customers on the date in the right hand column labelled "Last Updated" and may vary. Complete a new search to view live pricing.
Cheapest time to fly to Sydney
Best flight deals in May
Cheapest Price from Rockhampton to Sydney
Currency used in Sydney
Average Time to Sydney
Current Time in Sydney
Average Temperature in Sydney
Average Rainfall in Sydney
See more of Sydney
Cheap Rockhampton to Sydney Flights
Sydney is Australia's crown jewel. It boasts some of the best beaches around the world, unforgettable experiences and a delicious international food scene.
With flights each week between Rockhampton and Sydney, you can be exploring this iconic city in just 3h 15 min. Book your trip with Qantas or Virgin Australia and use Webjet's search engine to discover the cheapest day to fly.
Ready to head for The Harbour City? Here's everything you need to know about flying from Rockhampton to Sydney!
Departing from Rockhampton
Getting to Rockhampton Airport
The most convenient way to get to the airport is with a taxi. Rockhampton Airport is only a 10-minute drive away, so you shouldn't pay more than AUD 16 for a trip.
Alternatively, you can take the Rockhampton to Capricorn Coast Transfers or Young's Bus Service to get to the airport.
Parking at Rockhampton Airport
There are three parking options available at Rockhampton Airport:
- Short-Term Car Park: If you're only going to Sydney for the day, leave your car here. It offers the best short-term rates with a 24-hour stay only costing AUD 25.
- Long Term Car Park: For weekend trips or longer, use this lot. It is the furthest away from the terminals, but you'll save on parking fees with an AUD 17 daily rate.
- Covered Car Park: If you don't want to leave your car out in the open, choose this option. Your vehicle will be protected from the elements for AUD 25 per day.
Arriving at Sydney Airport
Getting from Sydney Airport to Your Hotel
Avoid Sydney's traffic jams by taking the train. The service leaves the airport every 10-minutes and runs from 5:00 a.m. to midnight every day.
Save money on transportation costs by hopping on board the public bus. Fares from the airport to the city will only set you back AUD 5.60 per person.
Grab a taxi or request a ride with Uber. A trip from Sydney Airport into the city will cost between AUD 45-55 and take on average 20 minutes depending on the traffic.
Hire a car. If you're planning a few day trips from Sydney, you can rent a vehicle from one of the companies inside the arrivals hall of T2 and T3.
Things to Do in Sydney
- Visit one of Sydney's many museums and galleries. There are a few in or close to the city centre. Stop by the Museum of Contemporary Art or learn about the city's history at the Sydney Museum.
- Go see Sydney's iconic landmarks. No trip to the city would be complete without sailing past the Sydney Opera House, having lunch by Sydney Harbour and climbing its famous bridge.
- Drive to the Blue Mountains. It's a UNESCO World Heritage Site that's located two hours from the city. It boasts spectacular vistas and more than 140 km of walking trails.
- Work on your tan at Bondi Beach. It's only 7km from the city centre and accessible via the train and bus network. See for yourself why it's one of Sydney's most popular beaches and spend a day swimming, snorkelling or catching some waves.
- Attend the Vivid Sydney Festival. It's an annual 23-day event that celebrates art, music and technology. During the evening the city is lit up with beautiful light installations that transform the buildings into beautiful canvases.