Compare Cheap Flights from Mackay to Sydney, Australia
Looking for cheap flights to Sydney from Mackay? Use Webjet's deal finder to help you compare flights, carriers and seating classes all year round. You'll be sure to find the right flight to match your budget, plans and travel preferences.
*Prices on this page are subject to change without notice, perform a search to view live pricing. Prices are inclusive of taxes and airline surcharges. Webjet fees per flight booking: Webjet Servicing Fee: Domestic $21.95, NZ/Pacific $24.95, International $32.95. Booking Price Guarantee: Domestic $12.95, NZ/Pacific $14.95, International $21.95. Varying payment fees are included in the price breakdown on Webjet’s checkout page, once your payment method has been selected.
Flight prices are indicative, based on passenger numbers and may vary dependent on your individual flight dates. Prices were found by customers on the date in the right hand column labelled "Last Search Update" and may vary. Complete a new search to view live pricing.
Cheap Mackay to Sydney Flights
Sydney is one of the world's most recognisable cities. Thanks to its iconic architecture, travellers from near and far flock here in droves to soak up Sydney's unique urban ambience.
With one direct flight each day between Mackay and Sydney, you can be exploring all this city has to offer in just 3h 35 min. Book your trip with Jetstar and use Webjet to find the best airfare deal for your travel dates.
Ready to head for the skies? Here's everything you need to know about flying from Mackay to Sydney.
Departing from Mackay Airport
Getting to Mackay Airport
The cheapest way to get from Mackay to the airport is with the public bus. Translink runs a daily service with route 303. It stops at the departure terminals eleven times from Monday to Friday and four times on Saturdays.
If you're short on time, take a metered taxi. A trip from the city will cost around AUD 20 and takes on average 10 minutes if there is no traffic.
Parking at Mackay Airport
If you want to leave your car at the airport, save money by booking your spot online. You'll get a 40% discount on fees, and you can reserve your space four hours in advance.
Which Parking Option Should You Choose?
- The Price Buster: If you're visiting Perth for eight days or more and you're on a budget, use this lot. It's located inside the Long Term Car Park, and prices start at AUD 7 per day.
- The Weekender: For weekend trips to Perth, leave your car in the Short Term Car Park. A three-day stay will set you back AUD 53.
- The Jetstar: Another weekend parking option is inside the covered lot. You have to park here for at least three days, and it will cost you AUD 67.
- Weekly Stay: This lot has the best value for money if you're going to Perth for a week or longer. It costs AUD 70 to park here for seven days, but you will need to book online to lock in this rate.
- Drive Up: If you haven't made an online booking before arriving at the airport, your parking rates will be higher. Prices start at AUD 30 per day.
Arriving at Sydney Airport
Getting from Sydney Airport to Your Hotel
Take the train. You'll avoid Sydney' notorious traffic jams and save on transportation costs. The trains leave the airport every 10 minutes and run from 5:00 a.m. to midnight every day.
Hop on board the public bus. It's the cheapest option from the airport, getting you into the city for only AUD 5.60.
Grab a taxi. A single trip into the city will cost around AUD 45-55 and take 20-minutes depending on the traffic. If you don't want to use a metered taxi, you can also use the airport's free WiFi to request a ride with Uber.
Rent a car. If you're planning a few day trips, you can hire a vehicle from one of the rental desks on the arrivals level of T2 and T3.
Things to Do in Sydney
- Visit Sydney's iconic landmarks. Join the crowds and stop by the Harbour Bridge and take a ferry ride that sails past the iconic Sydney Opera House.
- Go on a day trip to the Blue Mountains. Located two hours outside of Sydney, the mountains are on the UNESCO World Heritage list and boast more than 140 km of walking trails.
- Plan your trip around the Vivid Sydney Festival. It's a 23-day event held every year that combines art, music, technology and light. There are beautiful night installations, and iconic buildings are transformed into beautiful canvases.
- Relax on Bondi Beach. It's one of Australia's most well-known beaches, and it's just 7 km from Sydney's city centre. You can catch the train or bus to the area and visit the many trendy cafes in between worshipping the sun.
Sydney, Australia - Kingsford Smith Airport (SYD)
Sydney Airport is the busiest airport in Australia. Find out more about Kingsford Smith's terminals, rental car providers and accommodation with Webjet's useful guide to Sydney's Kingsford Smith Airport.