Compare Cheap Flights from Hervey bay to Sydney, Australia
Looking for cheap flights to Sydney from Hervey bay? Use Webjet's deal finder to help you compare flights, carriers and seating classes all year round. You'll be sure to find the right flight to match your budget, plans and travel preferences.
|Departure Date||Last Updated^|
Cheapest time to fly to Sydney
Best upcoming flight deals
Currency used in Sydney
Current Time in Sydney
Average Rainfall in Sydney
See more of Sydney
Cheap Hervey Bay to Sydney Flights
Sydney is one Australia's and the world's most well-known cities. From it's iconic architecture to its pristine beaches, a trip to the Harbour City is a must for any city slicker.
With seven direct flights each week from Sydney to Hervey Bay, you can be exploring the capital of New South Wales in just 1h 45min. Book your trip with Virgin Australia and use Webjet to find the cheapest day to fly.
Ready to head for the clouds? Here's everything you need to know about flying from Hervey Bay to Sydney without a hitch.
Departing Hervey Bay
Getting to Hervey Bay Airport
The most affordable way to get from the city to Hervey Bay Airport is with the shuttle bus. The door-to-door service runs every day, and you'll be fetched from your hotel and dropped off at the departure terminals.
If you don't want to share your ride with other travellers, you can take a metered cab. A trip from the CBD usually costs AUD 20-30 depending on the traffic.
Parking Options at Hervey Bay Airport
There are two parking options available at Hervey Bay Airport:
- Public Car Park: You can use this lot for short or long stays. The first two hours are free, and from then it's AUD 14 each day.
- Long Term Car Park: If you want added security, leave your vehicle here. The lot is fenced with surveillance cameras and costs AUD 22 per day.
Arriving at Sydney Airport
Getting from Sydney Airport to Your Hotel
If you want to avoid Sydney's traffic jams, take the train from the airport into the city. The service runs from 5:00 a.m. to midnight every day and the trains depart every 10 minutes.
Another affordable option is the public bus. It will cost you as little as AUD 5.60 to reach the city centre.
Metered taxis and Uber's are available at the airport. A trip into Sydney's CBD will set you back around AUD 45-55 and take 20 minutes depending on the traffic.
For travellers that prefer having more freedom getting around, you can hire a car. The rental desks are in the arrivals hall of Terminal 2 and 3.
Things to Do in Sydney
- Tick off the city's famous landmarks. No trip to Sydney would be complete without visiting the Harbour Bridge and taking a photo of the iconic Sydney Opera House.
- Visit the UNESCO World Heritage-listed the Blue Mountains. Located two hours outside of the city, you can explore this part of Australia's natural heritage by tackling some of the 140 km of walking trails.
- Attend Vivid Sydney Festival. It's a 23-day annual event that combines art, music and technology into one of Sydney's biggest celebrations.
- Worship the sun at Bondi Beach. It's one of the most famous strips of coastline in Australia, and it's located only 7 km from Sydney's city centre. Tackle the surf, work on your tan or visit one of the many seaside cafes.