Compare Cheap Flights from Darwin to Sydney, Australia
Looking for cheap flights to Sydney from Darwin? Use Webjet's deal finder to help you compare flights, carriers and seating classes all year round. You'll be sure to find the right flight to match your budget, plans and travel preferences.
|Departure Date||Last Updated^|
|Thu 25 Apr||Cheapest Price||25 Apr|
|Fri 26 Apr||Cheapest Price||25 Apr|
|Sat 27 Apr||Cheapest Price||25 Apr|
|Sun 28 Apr||Cheapest Price||25 Apr|
|Mon 29 Apr||Cheapest Price||25 Apr|
|Tue 30 Apr||Cheapest Price||25 Apr|
*Prices on this page are subject to change without notice, perform a search to view live pricing. Prices are inclusive of taxes and airline surcharges. Webjet fees per flight booking: Webjet Servicing Fee: Domestic $21.95, NZ/Pacific $24.95, International $32.95. Booking Price Guarantee: Domestic $12.95, NZ/Pacific $14.95, International $21.95. Varying payment fees are included in the price breakdown on Webjet’s checkout page, once your payment method has been selected.
^Flight prices are indicative, based on passenger numbers and may vary dependent on your individual flight dates. Prices were found by customers on the date in the right hand column labelled "Last Updated" and may vary. Complete a new search to view live pricing.
Cheapest time to fly to Sydney
Best flight deals in April
Cheapest Price from Darwin to Sydney
Currency used in Sydney
Average Time to Sydney
Current Time in Sydney
Average Temperature in Sydney
Average Rainfall in Sydney
See more of Sydney
Cheap Darwin to Sydney Flights
Sydney is one of the world's most iconic destinations. From its incredible architecture to its beautiful coastline, a trip here never fails to impress.
With 21 flights a week from Darwin to Sydney, you can be exploring the Harbour City in just 4 h 15 min. Book your direct flights with either Jetstar, Qantas or Virgin Australia and use Webjet to find the cheapest airfare for your travel dates.
Ready to pack your suitcase and head for the skies? Here's everything you need to know about flying from Darwin to Sydney.
Departing Darwin Airport
All domestic flights from Darwin to Sydney leave from the main terminal.
Inside the airport, you'll find free WiFi, restaurants, shops, ATMs and airline lounges.
Getting to Darwin Airport
The fastest way to get from the city to Darwin Airport is with a taxi. A one-way trip will set you back AUD 25-30 and takes 15-minutes if there is no traffic.
If you're on a tight budget, take the Darwin City Airport Shuttle Service. It costs AUD 18 for a trip to the airport and runs 24 hours a day, 7-days a week.
Other transport options include Buslink as well as coach and charter services.
Parking at Darwin Airport
Want to leave your car at the airport? Choose from three different car parks that open 24/7.
- Short Stay Car Park: If you're travelling to Sydney for less than 24 hours, park your car here. You'll get the first 15 minutes free and rates for a full day are only AUD 40.
- Long Stay Plus: For longer trips, this is the best place to leave your car. The park is only 200 meters from the terminal building and costs AUD 80 for the weekend.
- Long Stay Saver: If you're visiting Sydney for a week or more, this car park offers the best value for money. It costs only AUD 99 for seven days and is a 6-minute walk from the check-in counters.
Arriving at Sydney Airport
Getting from Sydney Airport to Your Hotel
The best way to avoid Sydney's traffic jams is to take the train from the airport. You'll reach the CBD in 13-minutes, and then you can take a taxi to your hotel. The trains leave the airport every 10-minutes and run from 5:00 a.m. to midnight.
For frugal travellers, take the public bus into the CBD. Once you've collected your bags, head to the T3 Domestic Terminal and take bus route 400 into town for only AUD 5.60
The taxi stands are located outside of the domestic terminals. A one-way trip into the city costs AUD 44-55 and takes 20 minutes if there is no traffic.
For ridesharing services like Uber, meet your driver at the priority pick-up area.
Want to hire your own car? You'll find the rental companies on the arrivals level of T2 and T3.
Things to Do in Sydney
- Love surfing? Visit Shark Island. It's home to some of Australia's heaviest waves, and surfers from around the world come here to put their skills to the test.
- No trip to Sydney would be complete without visiting the city's most famous landmarks. Don't leave without seeing the Sydney Opera House and Harbour Bridge.
- Escape the city and spend the afternoon at the Royal Botanic Gardens. It's full of lush pathways, exotic plants and it's free to visit.
- Educate yourself about Australia's history. Visit the Hyde Park Barracks Museum, one of the most important convict locations in Australia. It's also a UNESCO World Heritage Site, and tickets cost only AUD 10 for a 45-minute guided tour.