Compare Cheap Flights from Canberra to Sydney, Australia
Looking for cheap flights to Sydney from Canberra? Use Webjet's deal finder to help you compare flights, carriers and seating classes all year round. You'll be sure to find the right flight to match your budget, plans and travel preferences.
Flights: Webjet Servicing Fee: Domestic $21.95, NZ/Pacific $24.95, International $32.95. Booking Price Guarantee: Domestic $12.95, NZ/Pacific $14.95, International $21.95
Varying payment fees are included in the price breakdown on Webjet’s checkout page, once your payment method has been selected.
Flight prices are indicative, based on passenger numbers and may vary dependent on your individual flight dates. Prices were found by customers on the date in the right hand column labelled "Last Search Update" and may vary. Complete a new search to view live pricing.
Cheap Canberra to Sydney Flights
Want to visit one of Australia's most iconic cities?
With 179 flights a week from Canberra to Sydney, you'll have no problem finding a route that fits your travel budget. Hop on board a direct flight with either Qantas or Virgin Australia, and you'll be exploring Sydney in just 50 minutes.
Go grab your bag and get ready to pack! Here's everything you need to know about flying from Canberra to Sydney without a hitch.
Departing from Canberra Airport
Getting to Canberra Airport
If you're travelling on a tight budget, the best way to get from the city to the airport is with the public bus. Take route 11 or 11A from the CBD to the departure terminals. A single trip will set you back AUD 4.80 and the buses run 7-days a week.
The fastest way to get to Canberra Airport is with a taxi or ride-sharing service. A one-way trip to the airport usually costs AUD 48-54 depending on traffic.
Parking at Canberra Airport
Canberra Airport has convenient parking options to suit every kind of traveller and budget. But keep in mind that the parking lots aren't open 24 hours a day. Access to the spaces close 30 minutes after the last flight arrival and only re-open at 4:00 a.m.
Parking Options at Canberra Airport
- The blue and green covered parking is the closest to the terminals. But it is the most expensive option with it costing AUD 90 to park here for the weekend.
- If you're on a budget and don't mind parking your car being outside, choose the outdoor parking option. These red and yellow car parks only cost AUD 69 for three days.
Arriving at Sydney Airport
Passengers flying from Canberra to Sydney with Virgin Australia will arrive at Terminal 2 while Qantas passengers will arrive at Terminal 3.
Getting from Sydney Airport to Your Hotel
If you want to avoid Sydney's notorious traffic jams, take the train. It takes only 13-minutes to get into town, and trains leave every 10 minutes from the airport between 5:00 a.m. and midnight.
Another affordable way to get to your hotel is with the public bus. Once you've collected your bags, head to the T3 Domestic Terminal and hop on board Route 400 to reach the CBD for only AUD 5.60 one way.
The most direct way to get to your accommodation is with a cab. You'll find the taxi stands outside each domestic terminal. A one-way trip costs AUD 45-55 and takes about 20 minutes depending on traffic.
There are also ride-sharing services available at the airport. Meet your driver at the priority pick-up area once you've requested your ride.
Prefer to hire your own wheels? You'll find the car rental companies on the arrivals level of T2 and T3.
Things to Do in Sydney
- Visit Shark Island. If you're a surfer, it's one of the best places in Sydney to tackle Australia's heaviest waves. But if you aren't brave enough to tackle the surf, bring a picnic and watch the action.
- Spend a day touring Sydney's iconic landmarks. No trip to The Harbour City would be complete without visiting places like the Sydney Opera House and the Harbour Bridge.
- Escape into nature for a few hours. Head on over to the beautiful Royal Botanic Gardens and enjoy an afternoon wandering past the lush pathways.
- Pack your swimming costume and go to the beach. Sydney's Bondi and Palm Beaches are the best to visit if you've always wanted to learn how to surf or just want to work on your tan.
Sydney, Australia - Kingsford Smith Airport (SYD)
Sydney Airport is the busiest airport in Australia. Find out more about Kingsford Smith's terminals, rental car providers and accommodation with Webjet's useful guide to Sydney's Kingsford Smith Airport.