Compare Cheap Flights from Brisbane to Sydney, Australia
Looking for cheap flights to Sydney from Brisbane? Use Webjet's deal finder to help you compare flights, carriers and seating classes all year round. You'll be sure to find the right flight to match your budget, plans and travel preferences.
*Prices on this page are subject to change without notice, perform a search to view live pricing. Prices are inclusive of taxes and airline surcharges. Webjet fees per flight booking: Webjet Servicing Fee: Domestic $21.95, NZ/Pacific $24.95, International $32.95. Booking Price Guarantee: Domestic $12.95, NZ/Pacific $14.95, International $21.95. Varying payment fees are included in the price breakdown on Webjet’s checkout page, once your payment method has been selected.
Flight prices are indicative, based on passenger numbers and may vary dependent on your individual flight dates. Prices were found by customers on the date in the right hand column labelled "Last Search Update" and may vary. Complete a new search to view live pricing.
Cheap Brisbane to Sydney Flights
Want to escape Brisbane for a weekend away in Sydney?
A trip to The Harbour City is a must for travellers exploring Australia and locals looking for a change of scenery. It's overflowing with iconic architecture, interesting museums and beautiful beaches.
The best part? It's only a 1h 35 min flight from Brisbane to Sydney. Book a direct flight with either Virgin Australia, Jetstar Airways, Tiger Airways or Qantas. With over 323 flights a week, you won't have a problem finding the perfect flight for your travel dates.
Here's everything you need to know about flying from Brisbane to Sydney!
Departing from Brisbane Airport
Getting to Brisbane Airport
The fastest, most affordable way to get to Brisbane Airport is with the Airtrain. The train has stations throughout Brisbane City and the Gold Coast with a 20-minute travel time from the CBD. You'll be able to avoid any traffic congestion and have peace of mind that you'll arrive at the airport on time. The Airtrain leaves every 15 minutes during peak hours and runs from 5:04 a.m. to 10:04 p.m. every day.
Another affordable way to get to the airport is with TransLink. The public bus service connects passengers to Brisbane Airport with routes 369 and 590.
If you want to avoid paying for parking at the airport, you can catch a taxi or a ridesharing service to the airport. Passengers will be dropped off at the Domestic Terminal with fares costing around AUD 33-42 one-way.
Parking at Brisbane Airport
Parking at Brisbane Airport is safe, affordable and convenient. If you book online, you can pick up rates for as low as AUD 5 a day. Plus, the airport even boasts a ParkValet service and a car wash.
Which Long-Term Parking Option is the Best for You?
- ParkLong is the best option for stays longer than four hours. It's the closest long-term option to the domestic terminal and is just a short 3 to 10-minute walk to the check-in counters.
- Park Premium is the most expensive option but gives you absolute convenience. It's located on level 3 of the P1 Domestic car park and has express entry and exit ramps into the terminal.
- ParkValet is ideal for passengers who don't want to waste time looking for a parking spot. Simply drop off your car just steps from the terminal, grab your luggage and make your way to the check-in counters.
Arriving at Sydney Airport (SYD)
Getting from Sydney Airport to Your Hotel
- The quickest way to get from Sydney Airport to the city is with the train. The trip only takes 13 minutes, with trains leaving every 10 minutes from 5:00 a.m. to midnight 7-days a week.
- For travellers on a tight budget, the most affordable way to get into the CBD is with the public bus. Hop on board Route 400; the service stops at the T3 Domestic terminal and fares cost only AUD 5.60 one-way.
- If you don't want to use public transport, you can find taxis outside each domestic terminal. A one-way trip costs between AUD 45 -55 and takes 20 minutes to reach the CBD. If you prefer using a rideshare service like Uber, wait for your driver at the priority pick-up area.
- If you want to hire a car, head to the arrivals level at T2 and T3 Domestic terminals. You'll find six car rental companies offering deals to suit any budget.
Things to do
Things to Do in Sydney
- Need to cool off? Head to the city's famous beaches like Bondi and Manly. Or if you prefer to explore the ocean, make your way down to Sydney Harbour and hire a boat for the day.
- No trip to Sydney would be complete without visiting some of its most iconic landmarks. Make room in your itinerary for the Sydney Opera House, the Sydney Harbour Bridge and Mrs Macquarie's Chair.
- For museum lovers, the city won't disappoint. Spend an afternoon exploring the Art Gallery of New South Wales or the Australian National Maritime Museum.
- And once you've had enough of the city, escape the hustle for a few hours by strolling through the Royal Botanic Gardens.