Compare Cheap Flights from Albury to Sydney, Australia
Looking for cheap flights to Sydney from Albury? Use Webjet's deal finder to help you compare flights, carriers and seating classes all year round. You'll be sure to find the right flight to match your budget, plans and travel preferences.
|Departure Date||Last Updated^|
Cheapest time to fly to Sydney
Best upcoming flight deals
Currency used in Sydney
Current Time in Sydney
Average Rainfall in Sydney
See more of Sydney
Cheap Albury to Sydney Flights
Want to visit one of Australia's most popular destinations? From its iconic architecture to its beautiful beaches, a trip to the Harbour City never disappoints.
With 60 flights each week from Albury to Sydney and a flight time of only 1 hour 10 minutes, you'll be exploring the Harbour City in no time. Book your trip with either Regional Express, Qantas or Virgin Australia and use Webjet to find the cheapest airfare for your travel dates.
Ready to head for the skies? Here's everything you need to know about flying from Albury to Sydney without a hitch!
Departing from Albury Airport
Getting to Albury Airport
Albury Airport is only a short 10-minute drive from the CBD making getting there a breeze. The best part is that if you need to use the shuttle bus or grab a taxi, it won't cost much.
Book your ride with either Albury and Wodonga taxi services or the Border Shuttle Bus. All three companies meet scheduled flight arrivals 24/7 and can cater for wheelchair access upon request.
Parking at Albury Airport
Planning on leaving your car at the airport? Albury has two different options to choose from:
- General parking is uncovered and can hold up to 300 vehicles. Leaving your car here for 7 hours or more costs AUD 12 and a weekly stay will set you back AUD 65.
- Covered parking offers passengers more security. It only has 100 spaces available and costs AUD 18 each day or AUD 105 for a whole week.
Arriving at Sydney Airport
Getting from Sydney Airport to Your Hotel
Take the train if you want to avoid Sydney's traffic jams. It takes 13-minutes to reach the CBD, and trains leave the airport every 10-minutes from 5:00 a.m. to midnight.
A cheaper way to get from the airport to the CBD is with the public bus. Once you've collected your bags, go to the T3 Domestic Terminal and hop on bus 400 to reach the city for only AUD 5.60.
The taxi stands are located outside of each domestic terminal. A single trip to the city costs AUD 45-55 and takes about 20 minutes depending on the traffic.
If you're using a ride-sharing service like Uber, meet your driver at the priority pick-up area once you've requested your ride.
Want to hire your own car? You'll find the rental companies on the arrivals level of T2 and T3.
What should you pack when visiting Sydney?
For a Sydney stay during summer, light and airy pieces of clothing are well worth adding to your packing list. Choosing clothing made from natural fibres, such as cotton and linen, will help to wick moisture away from your skin too, keeping you cool as you explore the city. Summers in Sydney can be hot and sunny, so be sure to also pack a hat, a pair of sunglasses and some sunscreen before you board your flights from Albury to Sydney.
Autumn and spring are both great times to visit Sydney, offering lovely weather without the heat of summer. If you’re planning to stay in Sydney at either time of the year, you should be fine packing some jeans, t-shirts and a jacket. Temperature may be cooler at night and first thing in the morning, so be sure to pack an extra layer or two just in case.
If you’re thinking about booking Rex flights from Albury to Sydney that are due to arrive during winter, it’s a good idea to pack clothing that can be easily layered. While the mornings and evenings are particularly chilly, temperatures can rise throughout the day. Long pants or jeans, jumpers and coats are all well worth packing before you leave home on your Rex Albury to Sydney flights. If you plan to spend a decent amount of time outdoors during your stay in Sydney, a scarf and beanie may also be worth adding to your packing list.
Things to Do in Sydney
- Plan a visit to Shark Island. It's one of the best places to go surfing. It's home to some of Australia's heaviest waves, and die-hards come from all over the world to put their skills to the test.
- Go to Sydney's most iconic landmarks. Venture onto the beaten track and stop by the Harbour Bridge and Sydney Opera House.
- Spend an afternoon in the Royal Botanic Gardens. Wandering past the lush pathways is the perfect break from the city's hustle and bustle. Plus, the gardens are free to visit!
- Pack your swimming costume and head to Sydney's Bondi and Palm Beaches. The swells here are perfect for beginners who want to learn how to surf.
- Learn about Australia's history at the Hyde Park Barracks Museum. It's considered one of the most significant convict locations in the world and is a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Tickets cost AUD 10 and include a 45-minute guided tour.
- If you're an art lover, you can't miss the Art Gallery of New South Wales. It's home to a variety of pieces ranging from contemporary to indigenous. Expect to see paintings by Pablo Picasso, aboriginal art and even Tang dynasty ceramics.