Compare Cheap Flights from Adelaide to Sydney, Australia
Looking for cheap flights to Sydney from Adelaide? Use Webjet's deal finder to help you compare flights, carriers and seating classes all year round. You'll be sure to find the right flight to match your budget, plans and travel preferences.
|Departure Date||Last Updated^|
Cheapest time to fly to Sydney
Best upcoming flight deals
Currency used in Sydney
Current Time in Sydney
Average Rainfall in Sydney
See more of Sydney
Cheap Adelaide to Sydney Flights
Planning a trip to one of Australia's most iconic cities? Whether you're visiting for business or leisure, a stop in Sydney will never be dull.
With dozens of flights departing from Adelaide each week, you won't have a problem finding the perfect departure and arrival time next time you fly from Adelaide to Sydney.
Ready to book your tickets and pack your bags? Here's a quick guide to everything you need to know before you fly from Adelaide to Sydney!
What should you know about departing from Adelaide Airport?
Adelaide Airport is a short 6 kilometres from the city centre. It's home to one terminal and passengers will find the check-in desks on Level 2 of the terminal building.
Inside you'll find free and unlimited WiFi as well as a range of restaurants and fast food outlets. The departure terminal also boasts ATMs, shops, a pharmacy, postal services and baggage storage lockers.
Getting to Adelaide Airport
If you want to use public transport to get to the airport, use the JetExpress or JetBus service. The buses run from the city to the airport 7-days a week and tickets can be purchased on board.
Staying at one of the hotels in the city? Book your spot on the Airport City Shuttle. The door-to-door service runs every day and only costs AUD 10 one-way.
The most convenient way to get to the airport is with a cab or ride-sharing services. A single trip costs around AUD 13 - 17 and takes around 20 minutes depending on traffic.
What should you know about arriving at Sydney Airport?
Passengers who book flights from Adelaide to Sydney with Virgin Australia and Jetstar will arrive at Terminal 2, while Qantas passengers will arrive at Terminal 3.
Getting from Sydney Airport to Your Hotel
Want to avoid getting stuck in Sydney's traffic jams? Skip waiting in line for a taxi and instead take the train. The trip from the airport is a quick 13-minutes, with trains leaving every 10 minutes from 5:00 a.m. to midnight.
If you're visiting Sydney on a tight budget, another affordable way to get into the CBD is with the public bus. Head to the T3 Domestic Terminal and hop on board Route 400 for only AUD 5.60 one way.
Taxi stands are outside each domestic terminal. A one way trip from the airport to Sydney's city centre costs around AUD 45-55 and takes around 20 minutes. If you prefer to use ride-sharing services like Uber, you can meet your driver at the priority pick-up area.
For travellers that want to hire a car, you can find the car rental companies on the arrivals level of T2 and T3.
Things to Do in Sydney
- Get off the tourist trail in Sydney and visit Shark Island. It produces some of the heaviest waves in the world and attracts die-hard surfers and bodyboarders. If you aren't brave enough to hit the surf, pack a picnic and watch surfers tackle the waves.
- No trip to Sydney would be complete without a visit to the iconic Sydney Opera House and Harbour Bridge. Make sure you schedule some time before you head home on your Sydney to Adelaide flights for these bucket-list activities.
- Want to escape the city for a few hours? Head to the beautiful Royal Botanic Gardens. Spend an afternoon wandering around and immerse yourself in the stunning scenery and plant life.
- Visit Sydney's Bondi and Palm Beaches. If you've always wanted to learn how to surf, there's no better place to start. But if that's not your scene, you can work on your tan or enjoy a cocktail at one of the nearby beach bars.
Frequently asked questions
How much does it cost to fly from Adelaide to Sydney?
The cost of flights from Adelaide to Sydney varies depending on the airline you travel with and when you choose to fly. If you’re searching for the cheapest flights from Adelaide to Sydney, enter your city of departure, destination and travel dates into the Webjet Deal Finder to find and compare the latest flight deals.
How long does it take to fly from Adelaide to Sydney?
Direct flights from Adelaide to Sydney are approximately 1 hour 45 minutes in duration. If you select a flight that stops in Melbourne on its way to Sydney, your total flight time will be more than 3 hours 15 minutes.
How far is Adelaide from Sydney?
Adelaide is approximately 1,160 kilometres from Sydney.
Which airlines fly from Adelaide to Sydney?
How many flights are there a week from Adelaide to Sydney?
Approximately 100 direct flights operate between Adelaide and Sydney each week.
GET LOCKED UP WITH ESCAPE HUNT - THE HOME OF NERVE-TINGLING, HEART-POUNDING ENTERTAINMENT
- Step into a new world and play one of the brilliantly-themed games
- Once the door slams shut, work together to solve a series of fiendishly clever clues
- You and your team of 2 to 5 players (ages 7+) have just one hour of pulse-racing excitement to win your freedom
- Book multiple rooms to challenge your friends!
- After the game, dress up for a fun photo shoot and enjoy complimentary refreshments in our spacious lounge
- The whole experience lasts 90 minutes
Perfect for birthdays, hen's or buck's nights, corporate team building; for school or uni groups or just something different with family and friends