Compare Cheap Flights from Sydney to Sunshine Coast, Australia
Looking for cheap flights to Sunshine Coast from Sydney? Use Webjet's deal finder to help you compare flights, carriers and seating classes all year round. You'll be sure to find the right flight to match your budget, plans and travel preferences.
*Prices on this page are subject to change without notice, perform a search to view live pricing. Prices are inclusive of taxes and airline surcharges. Webjet flight fees per booking: Webjet Servicing Fee: Domestic $21.95, NZ/Pacific $24.95, International $32.95. Booking Price Guarantee: Domestic $12.95, NZ/Pacific $14.95, International $21.95. Varying payment fees are included in the price breakdown on Webjet’s checkout page, once your payment method has been selected.
|Departure Date||Last Updated^|
Cheapest time to fly to Sunshine Coast
Best upcoming flight deals
Currency used in Sunshine Coast
Current Time in Sunshine Coast
Average Temperature in Sunshine Coast
Average Rainfall in Sunshine Coast
See more of Sunshine Coast
Cheap Sydney to Sunshine Coast Flights
The Sunshine Coast is home to pristine beaches and natural wonders. It's also where you'll find the famous Australia Zoo, that Steve Irwin and his family made famous.
With 43 direct flights a week from the Sydney to the Sunshine Coast, you can discover all that this part of Queensland, Australia has to offer in just 1h 35 min. Book your trip with either Virgin Australia, Jetstar or Qantas and use Webjet to find the lowest airfares for your travel dates.
Ready to take to the skies? Here's everything you need to know about flying from Sydney to the Sunshine Coast.
Departing from Sydney Airport
Getting to Sydney Airport
The best way to get from the city to the airport is with the train. The T8 Airport Line takes only 13 minutes to reach the departure terminals. The train leaves Sydney's CBD every 10-minutes from 5:00 to midnight, 7-days a week.
For the budget conscious, take the bus. Route 400 departs from the city centre and stops outside the T1 International and T2 Domestic terminals every day. A one-way ticket will only set you back AUD 5.60.
You can also take a metered taxi or request a ride with ridesharing services like Uber. A trip to the airport from the city costs around AUD 45-55 and takes 20-minutes if there is no traffic.
Parking Options at Sydney Airport
- P1 and P2 are perfect for weekend trips to the Sunshine Coast. You'll get better rates for short-term stays and be within a short walking distance from the terminals.
- P3 is the best option for longer stays. If you're spending a week or more in the Sunshine Coast, you'll save money on parking fees with the daily discounted rate. Plus, it's close to the terminals and check-in counters.
- The cheapest parking option at Sydney Airport is at Blu Emu. While the parking spaces are a 15-minute drive away, there is a free shuttle bus that runs between the airport and the lot.
Which Domestic Terminal Will Your Sydney to the Sunshine Coast Flight Depart From?
- If you're flying with Virgin Australia or Jetstar, your flight will depart from Terminal 2.
- Qantas flights to the Sunshine Coast usually leave from Terminal 3
Getting from Sunshine Coast Airport to Your Hotel
Travelling on a budget? The cheapest way to get from the airport into the city is with the bus. Take Translink Route 622. It runs a regular service to and from the airport 7-days a week.
If you want to take a metered taxi, you'll find the drivers waiting outside the terminal building. A trip to Noosa usually costs AUD 25.
Henry's Airporter and Con-X-ion also operate regular airport shuttle services to the surrounding areas.
For car rentals, you'll find the desks adjacent to the baggage collection belts. You can also book ahead or reserve a car once you arrive.
Things To Do in The Sunshine Coast
- The most popular thing to do on the Sunshine Coast is to visit the Australia Zoo. It covers 100 acres of land and boasts over 1,200 native and exotic species.
- Are you an adrenaline junkie? Go skydiving! You'll reach speeds of 200km/h, and once you're finished gushing past the scenery from above, you'll land on one of the pristine beaches.
- One of the best things to do with your family on the Sunshine Coast is to visit Aussie World. The theme park is open 363 days a year, and your ticket will give you unlimited access to the rides.
- The Sunshine Coast also has plenty of inland natural beauty. Spend a day visiting the Kondalilla National Parks, hike to waterfalls and tackle the region's most scenic trails.