Compare Cheap Flights from Melbourne to Sunshine Coast, Australia
Looking for cheap flights to Sunshine Coast from Melbourne? Use Webjet's deal finder to help you compare flights, carriers and seating classes all year round. You'll be sure to find the right flight to match your budget, plans and travel preferences.
|Departure Date||Last Updated^|
|Wed 28 Jul||
$77 ONE WAY
$159 ONE WAY
$200 ONE WAY
|Thu 29 Jul||
$88 ONE WAY
|Fri 30 Jul||Best Price||
$129 ONE WAY
$390 ONE WAY
|Sat 31 Jul||Best Price||
$159 ONE WAY
$354 ONE WAY
Route information for flights from Melbourne to Sunshine Coast
|Cheapest one-way price for the current month||from $77|
|Cheapest one-way price over next 6 months||from $88|
|Cheapest month||October 2021|
|Most expensive month||December 2021|
|Average flight time||2h 10m|
Cheapest time to fly to Sunshine Coast
Best upcoming flight deals
Currency used in Sunshine Coast
Current Time in Sunshine Coast
Average Temperature in Sunshine Coast
Average Rainfall in Sunshine Coast
See more of Sunshine Coast
Cheap Melbourne to Sunshine Coast Flights
The Sunshine Coast has everything you could want in a holiday destination. From pristine beaches to natural wonders, exciting attractions to award-winning food - this part of Queensland, Australia has it all!
With 33 direct flights each week from Melbourne to Sydney, you can be exploring this coastal paradise in just 2h 25min. Book your nonstop flights with either Virgin Australia or Jetstar and use Webjet to help you find the lowest airfare deals.
Ready to head for the clouds? Here's everything you need to know about flying from Melbourne to Sydney without a hitch!
Departing from Melbourne Airport
Getting to Melbourne Airport
The most affordable way to get from the city to the airport is with the bus. Hop on board routes 478, 479 or 901 and get dropped off outside Terminal 4. Tickets cost around AUD 4-6 and your total journey time will be around 90 minutes.
The SkyBus is another option for budget travellers. It runs 24 hours a day to and from the airport and is perfect for those red-eye flights. A one-way ticket only costs AUD 19 and the bus leaves for the airport every 10 minutes.
Metered taxis and ride-sharing services are also available in Melbourne. A ride to the airport will set you back AUD 55-65, and your driver can drop you off either by the T4 Transport Hub Zone or along Departure Drive.
Parking at Melbourne Airport
There are three different parking options available:
- Value Cark Park is the cheapest car park.
- Long-Term Parking is slightly more expensive, but you'll save time walking to the terminals and check-in counters.
- Premium Terminal Car Park is for travellers that don't mind paying extra for added convenience.
Which Domestic Terminal Will Your Melbourne to Sunshine Coast Flight Depart From?
- If you're flying with Virgin Australia, your flight will depart from Terminal 1
- Jetstar flights usually depart at Terminal 4.
If you're taking a connecting flight to Sunshine Coast with Qantas, you'll depart from Terminal 1.
All three terminals have restaurants, bars, shops, lounges and free WiFi available for all passengers.
Arriving at Sunshine Coast Airport
Getting from Sunshine Coast Airport to Your Hotel
The most affordable way to get from the airport to your hotel is with the Translink bus. Hop on board Route 622 that runs between the city and the airport 7-days a week.
You'll find the metered taxis waiting outside the terminal building. A trip to Noosa usually costs around AUD 25.
The airport also has regular shuttle services. Henry's Airporter and Con-X-ion both operate from the airport to surrounding areas.
If you want to rent a car, you'll find the car rental desks adjacent to the baggage collection belts. You can book ahead or reserve a car once you arrive.
Things To Do in The Sunshine Coast
- Visit the Australia Zoo. Made famous by Steve Irwin and his family, it's now one of the most iconic zoos in the country. It covers over 100 acres of land and is home to over 1,200 native and exotic species.
- Need an adrenaline boost? Go skydiving! The Sunshine Coast offers stunning scenery that you can take in as you gush past at speeds of 200 km/h. Plus, you get to land on one of the pristine beaches.
- If you're visiting the Sunshine Coast with your family, a visit to Aussie World is a must. Your ticket will give you access to all the theme park rides, and the park is open 363 days of the year.
- Besides its incredible coastal beauty, the Sunshine Coast has plenty more to offer visitors regarding natural beauty. Visit the Kondalilla National Parks, hike to waterfalls and tackle some of the most famous trails in the region.