Compare Cheap Flights from Melbourne to Rockhampton, Australia
Looking for cheap flights to Rockhampton from Melbourne? Use Webjet's deal finder to help you compare flights, carriers and seating classes all year round. You'll be sure to find the right flight to match your budget, plans and travel preferences.
*Prices on this page are subject to change without notice, perform a search to view live pricing. Prices are inclusive of taxes and airline surcharges. Webjet fees per flight booking: Webjet Servicing Fee: Domestic $21.95, NZ/Pacific $24.95, International $32.95. Booking Price Guarantee: Domestic $12.95, NZ/Pacific $14.95, International $21.95. Varying payment fees are included in the price breakdown on Webjet’s checkout page, once your payment method has been selected.
^Flight prices are indicative, based on passenger numbers and may vary dependent on your individual flight dates. Prices were found by customers on the date in the right hand column labelled "Last Updated" and may vary. Complete a new search to view live pricing.
Cheap Melbourne to Rockhampton Flight
Rockhampton flies under the radar as a holiday destination. But it's slowly growing in appeal as more holidaymakers discover its natural beauty and cultural heritage.
With six flights a day between Melbourne and Rockhampton, you can discover for yourself what this region of Australia has to offer in just 3h 50 min. Book your trip with Qantas or Virgin Australia and use Webjet to find the best time to fly.
Ready to pack your bags and go on an adventure? Here's everything you need to know about flying from Melbourne to Rockhampton.
Departing from Melbourne Airport
Getting to Melbourne Airport
Take the public bus. Routes 478, 479 and 901 all run from the CBD to the airport every day. Tickets cost AUD 4-6 per person, and the bus has a total journey time of 90 minutes.
If you've got an early morning or late night flight, take the Skybus. It operates 24 hours a day from the CBD and tickets will only set you back AUD 19.
Hail a cab or request a ride with Uber. A trip from Melbourne's CBD will cost between AUD 55-65, and you'll be dropped off by the T4 Transport Hub Zone.
Parking at Melbourne Airport
If you want to leave your car at Melbourne Airport, you have three different options to choose from:
- Value Car Park: This is the cheapest option at the airport, but the lot is the furthest away from the terminals.
- Long Term Park: If you're going away for a week or more, leave your car here. It's close to the terminal building and has better rates for longer stays.
- Premium Terminal Car Park: It's the most expensive parking option, but you'll be within walking distance of the check-in counters.
Arriving at Rockhampton Airport
Getting from Rockhampton Airport to Your Hotel
There are no public transport services that run to and from Rockhampton Airport.
The best way to get into the city is to take a taxi. You'll find the drivers waiting outside of the arrivals terminal, and a trip should only cost around AUD 16.
Other options include pre-booking an airport transfer with Young's Bus Service or the Rockhampton to Capricorn Coast Transfers.
If you want to hire your own car, you'll find the rental desks inside the arrivals terminal opposite the baggage carousels.
Things To Do in Rockhampton
- Go to the Capricorn Caves. It's one of Rockhampton's most famous natural attractions where you'll be able to see stalactites, cave coral and some bats.
- Visit the botanic gardens in the CBD. It boasts tropical plants, lily-covered lagoons, and landscaped gardens with an onsite cafe.
- Learn about the local culture. Sign up for the 90-minute tour at the Dreamtime Cultural Centre and discover the history and traditions of the Darumbal people.
- Hike up Mt Archer. It has various walking trails for you to choose from that weave through its forested areas.
- Spend an hour or two at the Rockhampton Art Gallery. It has an impressive collection that features pieces from local artists and the indigenous people.