Compare Cheap Flights from Launceston to Rockhampton, Australia
Looking for cheap flights to Rockhampton from Launceston? Use Webjet's deal finder to help you compare flights, carriers and seating classes all year round. You'll be sure to find the right flight to match your budget, plans and travel preferences.
*Prices on this page are subject to change without notice, perform a search to view live pricing. Prices are inclusive of taxes and airline surcharges. Webjet fees per flight booking: Webjet Servicing Fee: Domestic $21.95, NZ/Pacific $24.95, International $32.95. Booking Price Guarantee: Domestic $12.95, NZ/Pacific $14.95, International $21.95. Varying payment fees are included in the price breakdown on Webjet’s checkout page, once your payment method has been selected.
|Departure Date||Last Updated^|
Cheapest time to fly to Rockhampton
Best upcoming flight deals
Currency used in Rockhampton
Current Time in Rockhampton
Average Temperature in Rockhampton
Average Rainfall in Rockhampton
See more of Rockhampton
A Guide to Rockhampton
Know Before You Go
- Hike up to Mount Archer. It's the city's highest peak and has epic views of the city. It's an excellent sunset spot, and there are a few other hikes of varying difficulties to explore as well.
- Stroll through Quay Street. It's filled with Victorian-era buildings along the Fitzroy River. Head to one of the visitor centres and pick up a free self-guided walking tour map.
- Visit the Rockhampton Botanic Gardens. It's home to over 200 palms, cycads and ferns and is regarded as one of the best gardens in the country.
- Be careful of the saltwater crocodiles. These creatures call the Fitzroy River and other bodies or water home. Don't go swimming without checking if it's safe to do so.
- Get free WiFi. The internet in Australia is expensive if you're travelling on a budget. Save some money by using Rockhampton's free CBD WiFi.
Getting Around Rockhampton
- Hit the pavements. Rockhampton is flat and compact, making it easy to explore the city centre's attractions on foot.
- Rent a bicycle. The roads are usually uncrowded, and there are hardly any steep inclines, making it easy to cycle around the city.
- Take the bus. Sunbus operates an extensive city bus network from Monday to Sunday. The routes run at different times on certain days, so make sure you double check the timetables.
- Catch a cab. If you don't want to rely on public transport, you can get a ride with Rocky Cabs. Flag one down from the street or call head to arrange your lift.
When is The Best Time to Visit Rockhampton?
The busiest time to visit Rockhampton is during the winter months. From June to August, the temperatures are cool with little rain, making it prime time for outdoor activities. Accommodation does tend to book up during this period, and prices are higher. Plan ahead and secure your hotel room before the peak season hits to lock in better rates.
If you're looking for similar weather to the winter season, with thinner crowds, visit Rockhampton in fall. From March to May, the temperatures start to cool off, making it more comfortable to go outside. While the city won't be quiet, you'll have a much easier time finding lodging last minute.
For deals, plan your trip during spring or summer. From September to November, the weather starts warming up, and city empties out. You'll have better luck finding discounts on hotel rooms, and the humidity is still bearable.
From December to February, Rockhampton sees highs of 32°C. It's an ideal time of year for travellers who love warm weather. It does rain the most during these months, but you can still enjoy the range of outdoor activities. Tourism is at its slowest, so you can expect to find the lowest flight and accommodation prices during this period.
Airports in Rockhampton
Rockhampton Airport is a major regional airport in Australia. It is serviced by four airlines which offer direct flights to Brisbane, Townsville, Gold Coast and Mackay. It also has connecting flights to Townsville, Cairns, Albury and Wagga Wagga.
Getting To and From Rockhampton Airport
There is no local bus or train service that runs from the airport into Rockhampton.
The easiest way to get to your hotel would be to take a taxi. Luckily, it's only a 10-minute drive into own, and a cab usually costs AUD 16. You'll find the taxis waiting outside the arrivals terminal.
You can also book a transfer with either Young's Bus Service or the Rockhampton to Capricorn Coast Transfers.
If you want to hire your own car, you'll find the rental desks located opposite the baggage collection area in the arrivals terminal.