Compare Cheap Flights from Sydney to Port Macquarie, Australia
Looking for cheap flights to Port Macquarie from Sydney? Use Webjet's deal finder to help you compare flights, carriers and seating classes all year round. You'll be sure to find the right flight to match your budget, plans and travel preferences.
|Departure Date||Last Updated^|
*Prices on this page are subject to change without notice, perform a search to view live pricing. Prices are inclusive of taxes and airline surcharges. Webjet fees per flight booking: Webjet Servicing Fee: Domestic $21.95, NZ/Pacific $24.95, International $32.95. Booking Price Guarantee: Domestic $12.95, NZ/Pacific $14.95, International $21.95. Varying payment fees are included in the price breakdown on Webjet’s checkout page, once your payment method has been selected.
^Flight prices are indicative, based on passenger numbers and may vary dependent on your individual flight dates. Prices were found by customers on the date in the right hand column labelled "Last Updated" and may vary. Complete a new search to view live pricing.
Cheapest time to fly to Port Macquarie
Best flight deals in April
Currency used in Port Macquarie
Current Time in Port Macquarie
Average Temperature in Port Macquarie
Average Rainfall in Port Macquarie
See more of Port Macquarie
Cheap Sydney to Port Macquarie Flights
Many consider Port Macquarie to have the best climate in Australia. Its summers are not too hot, and it's winters are not too cold, making it a perfect holiday destination year around.
With 40 direct flights each week from Sydney to Port Macquarie, you can be exploring this part of New South Wales in just 1h 5min. Book your trip with either Qantas or Virgin Australia and use Webjet's powerful search engine to help you find the lowest possible airfare prices.
Ready to head for the clouds? Here's everything you need to know about flying from Sydney to Port Macquarie without a hitch!
Departing from Sydney Airport
Getting to Sydney Airport
Short on time? The fastest way to get from the city to the airport is with the train. The T8 Airport line leaves from the CBD station every 10 minutes and has a total journey time of 13-minutes. The train runs from 5:00 a.m. to midnight, 7-days a week making it a great option for most flights out of Sydney.
For budget travellers, the cheapest option is to take the bus. Route 400 runs from the CBD and stops outside the T1 International and T2 Domestic terminals every day. Tickets cost only AUD 5.60 each way.
Ride-sharing services like Uber and metered taxis are also available in the city. A trip to the airport usually costs AUD 45-55 and takes 20-minutes without traffic.
Parking Options at Sydney Airport
- Park at P1 or P2 if you're visiting Port Macquarie for the weekend. These parking bays offer better rates for short-term stays and are close to the departure terminals.
- For trips to Port Macquarie that will be a week or longer, you'll get more value for your money by leaving your car in P3. The parking lot has a daily discounted rate to help you save and is within walking distance of the terminals.
- If you want to spend the least amount of money possible on parking, leave your car at Blu Emu. The lot is a 15-minute drive from the terminal buildings, but there is a free 24-shuttle bus that you can use.
Arriving at Port Macquarie
Getting from Port Macquarie Airport to Your Hotel
There are a few public transport options to get from Port Macquarie Airport into the city.
If you're on a budget, take the local bus. Busways run a regular service to the airport with route 341. The first bus leaves the airport at 8:02 a.m. and the last one departs for the city at 6:48 p.m. The bus stop is located next to the rental car park.
There are also taxi and shuttle bus services at the airport. You'll find the operators for each in front of the baggage claim area.
Metered taxis cost around AUD 20 to 24 for a trip into the city with a total travel time of 10 minutes.
Car rental desks are also in the arrivals terminal.
Things to do in Port Macquarie
- Learn about Port Macquarie's past while searching for ghosts. The convict settlement in the city was where the worst of the worst were sent as punishment. There is a historic cemetery that you can visit either during the day or in the evening for a ghost tour.
- Port Macquarie is home to 10 beautiful beaches. Work on your tan, go for a swim or stroll down the nine-kilometre coastal walk between Lighthouse Beach and the Town Green.
- Did you know that Port Macquarie is the official bodyboarding capital of Australia? Rent a board and tackle a wave or two in honour of John Eppelstun who helped the town receive this title.
- Visit the koala hospital. It's the only one in the state, and it cares for 250 sick and injured koalas a year. Visit around 3:00 p. Each day to join the walk and talk tour, watch the koalas being fed and find out how some of the patients got to the hospital.