Compare Cheap Flights from Launceston to Port Macquarie, Australia
Looking for cheap flights to Port Macquarie from Launceston? Use Webjet's deal finder to help you compare flights, carriers and seating classes all year round. You'll be sure to find the right flight to match your budget, plans and travel preferences.
|Departure Date||Last Updated^|
Cheapest time to fly to Port Macquarie
Best upcoming flight deals
Currency used in Port Macquarie
Current Time in Port Macquarie
Average Temperature in Port Macquarie
Average Rainfall in Port Macquarie
See more of Port Macquarie
A Guide to Port Macquarie
Know Before You Go
- Go for a scenic walk. There is a 9km track that passes eight beaches on the way to Tacking Point Lighthouse.
- Visit the Koala Hospital. It's home to 250 sick and injured koalas. You can join the free tour at 3:00 p.m. and also watch these adorable creatures get fed.
- Watch the whales migrate. In early winter and summer, these magnificent creatures can be seen from Port Macquarie's shore. You can also join a charter boat tour to get even closer to these creatures.
- Spend the day at Sea Acres Rainforest Centre. The rainforest has several kilometres of elevated boardwalks, forest trails and an abundance of native fauna. Go on one of the night tours to see some of Australia's most famous nocturnal animals in the world.
- Get online. There is free public WiFi available in the city and at a range of businesses.
Getting Around Port Macquarie
- Port Macquarie doesn't have the best public transport network. There are public buses, but they run at odd times and stop early on in the day. If you need to get to the beach and don't want to hire a car, take the reliable Shelly Beach - Town Centre route.
- If hiring a car is out of your budget, you can still reach most places in the CBD on foot. The town is compact and many of the restaurants, shops and pubs with within walking distance.
- For those that want more freedom getting around, you can hire a car at the airport or from one of the rental shops in the city.
When is The Best Time to Visit Port Macquarie?
The busiest time of year to visit Port Macquarie is during the summer months. From December to February the weather is warm with temperatures averaging around 26°C. You'll need to book well in advance to beat the holiday season rush and lock in lower prices on flights and accommodation.
If the heat of summer is too much for you, plan your trip between March and May. Temperatures start to cool down, and while rain is frequent, there's plenty of things to do. It's not as busy as summer, but prices for hotels and flights won't be at their cheapest.
June to August is Port Macquarie's winter months. Temperatures are cold but comfortable, and the city sees the least amount of rain during this period. If you're travelling on a budget, you'll be able to find better deals on accommodation as the slow season approaches.
Port Macquarie is at its quietest in spring. From September to November, you'll be able to find excellent deals on hotels and the city is still free from the summer crowds that have yet to arrive.
Airports in Port Macquarie
Port Macquarie Airport
Port Macquarie Airport is located in New South Wales. It's the 29th busiest airport in the country and is serviced by Virgin Australia, Eastern Australia Airlines and Alliance Airlines. The airport operates regular flights to Brisbane and Sydney as well as a seasonal rote to Lord Howe Island.
Getting To and From Port Macquarie Airport
The cheapest way to get from the airport into town is with the local bus. Busways operates a regular service to and from the CBD with Route 341. The bus runs from 8:00 a.m. to 6:48 p.m. every day and the bus stop is next to the rental car park.
The taxi rank is located outside of the arrival terminal. A one-way trip costs between AUD 20-24 and takes around 10 minutes. You can also book a shuttle transfer service from one of the operators in front of the baggage claim area.
Car rental desks are also in the arrivals terminal.