Compare Cheap Flights from Alice springs to Port Lincoln, Australia
Looking for cheap flights to Port Lincoln from Alice springs? Use Webjet's deal finder to help you compare flights, carriers and seating classes all year round. You'll be sure to find the right flight to match your budget, plans and travel preferences.
|Departure Date||Last Updated^|
Cheapest time to fly to Port Lincoln
Best upcoming flight deals
Currency used in Port Lincoln
Current Time in Port Lincoln
Average Temperature in Port Lincoln
Average Rainfall in Port Lincoln
See more of Port Lincoln
A Guide to Port Lincoln
Know Before You Go
- Go cave diving with great white sharks. The best time for seeing these incredible creatures is during the cooler winter months. There are three tour operators to choose from that offer one day and multi-day trips.
- Swim with tuna. If you prefer watching instead of eating fish, you can swim with 3,000 of them in an enclosure near Boston Island. Wetsuits, gloves and booties are provided.
- Budget for your trip. A hostel dorm bed in Port Lincoln costs AUD 28-40 per person per night. A room in a hotel or B&B is priced around AUD 130-250 per night.
- Visit Lincoln National Park. It's a 15 km drive from the city and is home to emu, kangaroo, and goanna. If you bring binoculars, you'll be able to see the wildlife on Donnington Island.
- Get online. If you need to check your emails or social media and don't want to pay for an expensive data bundle, go to the nearest McDonalds. You can use their WiFi for free and save some money.
Getting Around Port Lincoln
- There aren't any buses or trains that run routes through the city. But there are long distance buses that will connect you to neighbouring towns.
- If you're on a tight budget, hire a bike to get around. The CBD isn't massive, and you'll be able to get around to most of the attractions.
- But if you're in a rush to get somewhere, flag down a taxi. If there are none around you can call ahead to request a ride or walk to the nearest taxi stand.
- Rental car services are also available in the city. By having your own set of wheels, you'll be able to explore the region beyond Port Lincoln and go on one of the many day trips.
When is The Best Time to Visit Port Lincoln?
The busiest and most expensive time to visit Port Lincoln is in summer. From December to February, the schools are on holiday and locals flock to the city for their yearly vacation. If you want to save money, book your holiday a few months in advance to lock in lower prices and secure a spot at your first hotel choice.
If you're travelling on a budget, plan your trip to Port Lincoln in the winter months. From June to August is the city's slow season, and you'll be able to find better deals on hotels and airfare prices. The cooler temperatures also make it an ideal time for white shark cage diving.
Spring (September to November) and autumn (March to May) are Port Lincoln's two shoulder seasons. You'll find fewer crowds during these months, and hotel rates will be slightly cheaper.
Airports in Port Lincoln
Port Lincoln Airport
Port Lincoln Airport is located in South Australia and is 10km from the city centre. It operates domestic flights to Adelaide with Regional Express Airlines and Eastern Australia Airlines.
Getting To and From Port Lincoln Airport
There are no public transport options to and from the airport. Luckily, a taxi ride only costs AUD 15 making it an affordable option.
Another option is the airport shuttle bus. It stops at all the major hotels in the city, making your total journey time longer than a taxi ride.
If you prefer having your own car while in the city, you'll find the rental desks inside the arrivals terminal.