Compare Cheap Flights from Perth to Port Hedland, Australia
Looking for cheap flights to Port Hedland from Perth? Use Webjet's deal finder to help you compare flights, carriers and seating classes all year round. You'll be sure to find the right flight to match your budget, plans and travel preferences.
*Prices on this page are subject to change without notice, perform a search to view live pricing. Prices are inclusive of taxes and airline surcharges. Webjet flight fees per booking: Webjet Servicing Fee: Domestic $21.95, NZ/Pacific $24.95, International $32.95. Booking Price Guarantee: Domestic $12.95, NZ/Pacific $14.95, International $21.95. Varying payment fees are included in the price breakdown on Webjet’s checkout page, once your payment method has been selected.
|Departure Date||Last Updated^|
Cheapest time to fly to Port Hedland
Best upcoming flight deals
Currency used in Port Hedland
Current Time in Port Hedland
Average Temperature in Port Hedland
Average Rainfall in Port Hedland
See more of Port Hedland
Cheap Perth to Port Hedland Flights
Located in Western Australia, Port Hedland is famous for its Indigenous culture, wildlife and resource industry. It's one of the best spots for nature lovers to catch glimpses of nesting turtles, migrating whales and explore the region's vast plains.
With several direct flights from Perth to Port Hedland available each week, you can be exploring this town in slightly more than 2 hours. Book your trip with one of Australia's local domestic airlines and use Webjet's search engine to find the cheapest day to fly.
Ready to head for the skies? Here's everything you need to know about flying from Perth to Port Hedland.
Departing from Perth
Getting to Perth Airport
The cheapest way to get to the airport in preparation of your Port Hedland flights from Perth is by bus. If your flight is departing from T1 or T2, take route 380, or route 40 if you're leaving from T3 or T4.
If you want to save time getting to the departure terminals ahead of your Perth to Port Hedland flights, take a taxi. A one-way trip from the city centre with a metered cab or ride-sharing service such as Uber will cost around $42 to $52.
Parking at Perth Airport
There are three different parking options available at Perth Airport:
- Short Term: If you're thinking about taking Perth to Port Hedland flights for the day or a weekend trip, leave your car here. It offers the best hourly rates and is only minutes from the check-in counters.
- Long Term: For stays longer than a few days, use this car park. While it's further away from the terminal building, there is a free shuttle bus that you can use, and the daily rates start at $10.
Fast Track: If you want absolute convenience, choose this parking option. It boasts 230 exclusive bays and is within a one-minute walking distance from the departure terminal.
Arriving at Port Hedland
Getting from Port Hedland Airport to Your Hotel
There are no public transport options that run from the airport to the city centre.
The best way to get to your hotel following your flights from Perth to Port Hedland is to take a metered taxi. You'll find the cab drivers waiting outside of the arrivals hall.
Your only other option is to rent a car. You'll find several options to choose from inside the terminal building, just after the baggage claim area.
Things to Do in Port Hedland
- Plan your flights from Perth to Port Hedland around the sea turtle nesting and hatching season. Port Hedland's beaches are a popular breeding ground for these endangered creatures, and you can join guided tours through the nesting areas.
- Look out for the Staircase to the Moon. It's a natural phenomenon where the rising moon reflects off the sandbanks at low tide. The best place to watch this event is at the viewing deck inside the Cooke Point Caravan Park.
- Go on a local history tour. Join a 45-minute guided walk after your Port Hedland flights from Perth arrive. You'll learn all about Port Hedland's past, from its indigenous history right up to the present day.
- Visit one of the nature reserves. Cape Keraudren and the Shire of East Pilbara are home to incredible views, camping grounds and beautiful sandy white beaches.
Stop by a nearby national park. Karijini, Millstream Chichester and Karlamilyi are all within a day trip distance from Port Hedland. You'll find plenty of hiking trails, freshwater pools to swim in and ancient gorges to explore before heading home on your flights from Port Hedland to Perth.