Compare Cheap Flights from Mackay to Perth, Australia
Looking for cheap flights to Perth from Mackay? Use Webjet's deal finder to help you compare flights, carriers and seating classes all year round. You'll be sure to find the right flight to match your budget, plans and travel preferences.
|Departure Date||Last Updated^|
|Sun 26 Jun||Best Price||
$585 ONE WAY
$837 ONE WAY
|Mon 27 Jun||Best Price||
$475 ONE WAY
$661 ONE WAY
|Tue 28 Jun||Best Price||
$475 ONE WAY
$500 ONE WAY
|Wed 29 Jun||Best Price||
$769 ONE WAY
$571 ONE WAY
|Thu 30 Jun||Best Price||
$585 ONE WAY
$551 ONE WAY
Route information for flights from Mackay to Perth
|Cheapest one-way price for the current month||from $468|
|Cheapest one-way price over next 6 months||from $252|
|Cheapest month||November 2022|
|Most expensive month||June 2022|
|Average flight time||4h 10m|
Cheapest time to fly to Perth
Best upcoming flight deals
Currency used in Perth
Current Time in Perth
Average Temperature in Perth
Average Rainfall in Perth
See more of Perth
A Guide to Perth
Know Before You Go
- Get free WiFi. The City of Perth has free public WiFi around the CBD. You can also head to your nearest Maccas (McDonald's) or libraries and get online for free.
- Get a national park pass. Travellers can get a day pass for AUD 10 per car. But if you plan on visiting many parks, you can get a holiday pass for AUD 35 per vehicle.
- Stay in hostels. If you're travelling on a shoestring, you'll save the most money by either getting a dorm bed for AUD 30 or a private room in a hostel for AUD 80. Hotel prices tend to cost AUD 100+ per night.
- Eating out in Perth is expensive. A main course meal at most restaurants will set you back AUD 25+. You can keep costs down by cooking for yourself and picking up essentials at the supermarket.
- Browse Groupon for deals. The website often has two for one deals or discounts on day trips to popular destinations like Rottnest Island.
Getting Around Perth
- Take the public bus. The Central Area Transit buses are free and run routes that loop throughout the city. You will need to check each routes hours, but most operate from 6:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
- Taxis and ride-sharing services are available throughout the city. You can either call ahead to book your ride at a particular time or hail one from the side of the road.
- Hire your own car. If you prefer having your own set of wheels, you can pick up a rental either at the airport or in town. You will need to check if you need an international driving permit to rent a car in Australia.
- Explore Perth on foot. While it's not possible to walk the entire city, there are plenty of walkable areas. Head to Kings Park, the Botanical Garden and Swan River.
- Cycle around the city. There are several bike rental shops in the CBD. A full day starts at AUD 10, and there are a number of cycling routes that run past the city's top attractions.
When is The Best Time to Visit Perth?
The best time to visit Perth is during spring. From September to November, the city is awash with beautiful colours, and there's little chance of rain ruining any outdoor activities. The only downside is that it's also high season and hotel prices will be at their highest. Try lock in a better rate by booking your flights and accommodation a few months in advance.
If you can handle the heat, book your trip for Perth's summer months. From December to February, temperatures reach 37°C, driving down hotel prices and emptying out the city.
March to May is Perth's autumn and is one of the best times to visit. You won't have as many people in the city compared to spring, plus temperatures start to dip slowly. For budget travellers, there is a slight decrease in hotel prices, and the weather is still perfect for water-based activities.
The least popular time to explore Perth is during its winter months. From June to August, the city experiences heavy rains, putting a stop to many of the outdoor activities. But if you can plan around the storms, you'll save with low hotel and airfare prices.
Airports in Perth
Perth Airport is the fourth busiest airport in Australia. It operates flights to several domestic destinations as well international locations such as South Africa, UAE and China. The airport is a hub for Qantas and Alliance Airlines and is a focus city for Jetstar Airways and Virgin Australia.
Getting To and From Perth Airport
The cheapest way to get from the airport is with the local bus. If your flight arrives at T1/T2, take bus 380. If you land at T3/T4 take bus 40 to get into the city.
If you're short on time, you can also buy a ticket for the faster, but more expensive shuttle bus.
The taxi stands are located outside the domestic terminals. A trip into Perth costs between AUD 42-52 and takes 20-minutes. Ride-sharing services like Uber are also available, and you can use the free WiFi to request your ride.
Car rental desks are located just after the baggage claim area at each of Perth's arrival terminals.
Latitude - Perth's Number 1 Indoor Aerial Park
Latitude offers a world of indoor fun and thrilling aerial entertainment for all ages. From the fully integrated bouncing and climbing activity floor, to the freestyle tumble mat, sky-high obstacle courses and ninja style parkour course The Grid, there is something for everyone. Plus Latitude has a dedicated Kids Zone for children 18 mths to 5 years. Located just a 30 minute drive from the Perth airport, Latitude will be the family day highlight of your Perth visit. Bounce, climb and fly at Latitude today!