Compare Cheap Flights from Brisbane to Newcastle, Australia
Looking for cheap flights to Newcastle from Brisbane? Use Webjet's deal finder to help you compare flights, carriers and seating classes all year round. You'll be sure to find the right flight to match your budget, plans and travel preferences.
|Departure Date||Last Updated^|
*Prices on this page are subject to change without notice, perform a search to view live pricing. Prices are inclusive of taxes and airline surcharges. Webjet fees per flight booking: Webjet Servicing Fee: Domestic $21.95, NZ/Pacific $24.95, International $32.95. Booking Price Guarantee: Domestic $12.95, NZ/Pacific $14.95, International $21.95. Varying payment fees are included in the price breakdown on Webjet’s checkout page, once your payment method has been selected.
^Flight prices are indicative, based on passenger numbers and may vary dependent on your individual flight dates. Prices were found by customers on the date in the right hand column labelled "Last Updated" and may vary. Complete a new search to view live pricing.
Cheapest time to fly to Newcastle
Best flight deals in April
Currency used in Newcastle
Current Time in Newcastle
Average Temperature in Newcastle
Average Rainfall in Newcastle
See more of Newcastle
Cheap Brisbane to Newcastle Flights
Located in the Hunter Region, Newcastle is surrounded by pristine beaches and a stunning coastline.
In just 1h 10min, you can fly from Brisbane to Newcastle and discover everything Australia's second-oldest city has to offer. Book your flight with leading airlines such as Qantas, Jetstar or Virgin Australia and pick one of the 56 flights each week that suit your travel plans.
Here's everything you need to know about flying from Brisbane to Newcastle without a hitch!
Departing from Brisbane Airport
Getting to Brisbane Airport
The SkyTrain is the quickest way to get from the CBD to the airport. The journey takes 20-minutes and terminates near the departure terminals. A single trip costs AUD 15 and the trains run from 5:04 a.m. to 10:04 p.m. every day.
For budget travellers, the best option is to take the local bus. Route 590 and 569 run between the city and the airport. But if you want to avoid all the stops, there is also a direct shuttle that runs from selected hotels in Brisbane.
Taxis and ridesharing services are also available. A one-way trip to the airport costs AUD 33-42 depending on the traffic.
Parking at Brisbane Airport
- The Park Long option is ideal for short business or weekend trips to Newcastle. It's close the terminals and is a few minutes from the check-in counters.
- The Park Premium lot is located on level 3 of the P1 Domestic car park. Choose this option if you want to park as close as possible to the terminals and have access to the exclusive exit and entry ramps.
- The Park Valet option is for passengers that want absolute convenience. Simply drop your car off at the valet area, and the attendants will take care of the rest.
Arriving at Newcastle Airport
Getting from Newcastle Airport to Your Hotel
The taxi ranks are located outside of the terminal building. The drivers accept payment by cash, cheque or any major credit card. Passengers can also book their ride ahead of time by using the Newcastle Airport's online booking system.
Bus number 42A runs from the airport and stops at Killingworth and Freeman Hospital. The service operates Monday to Saturday, and the bus stop is located opposite the airport terminal.
There is a metro station located at Newcastle Airport. The journey into the CBD takes around 25 minutes, and the trains leave every 12 minutes from 5:44 a.m. to 11:58 p.m.
Want to hire a car? There are four rental companies based on the ground floor of the domestic arrivals terminal.
Things to do in Newcastle
- Only in Newcastle for the weekend? Hop on board the city's famous tram. It runs past many of the must-see sites including the beach and important historical landmarks. And if that's not enough for you, take a ferry ride to Stockton Beach and visit the famous Tin City from the film Mad Max.
- Explore Newcastle's nightlife scene. Besides its lively bars, you can also go on a Blackbutt Reserve Spotlight Adventure and see some of Australia's famous nocturnal animals. Or if you prefer something more spooky, the city also has a Ghost Tour of the East End.
- Go on the Newcastle East Heritage Walk. It's one of the best activities for history buffs and winds past the city's cathedral, convict lumber yard and more.
- Visit the Miromaa Aboriginal Language and Technology Centre. You'll learn all about Aboriginal culture through the interactive exhibits, and you'll get a chance to play on a traditional Didgeridoo.
- Plan your trip around one of Newcastle's many events. The city has a jam-packed social calendar throughout the year. Some of it's biggest events are Surfest, Newcastle Craft Beer Week and The Winter Heat.