Compare Cheap Flights from Gladstone to Mount Isa, Australia
Looking for cheap flights to Mount Isa from Gladstone? Use Webjet's deal finder to help you compare flights, carriers and seating classes all year round. You'll be sure to find the right flight to match your budget, plans and travel preferences.
|Departure Date||Last Updated^|
Cheapest time to fly to Mount Isa
Best upcoming flight deals
Currency used in Mount Isa
Current Time in Mount Isa
Average Temperature in Mount Isa
Average Rainfall in Mount Isa
See more of Mount Isa
A Guide to Mount Isa
Know Before You Go
- Prepare your budget. A dorm room in a hostel costs AUD 25-35 per person per night. If you would like a hotel room, you can expect to pay AUD 130-250 per night.
- Eat out. Mount Isa is home to more than 50 nationalities, giving the town an exciting blend of international cuisines and experiences. Go somewhere new each night or try a dish that's out of your comfort zone.
- Get online. If you're travelling on a budget and don't want to fork out money for an expensive data bundle, head to the nearest McDonalds. You can use their WiFi free of charge.
- Attend the Mount Isa Rotary Rodeo. It's the biggest rodeo event in the Southern Hemisphere and people from all over Australia flock to the city. If you're planning on attending, you'll need to book your accommodation well in advance.
- You don't need to tip. Australia doesn't have a tipping culture, but if you feel the service was excellent, you can leave your server a 10% tip.
Getting Around Mount Isa
There isn't any public transportation like buses or trains in Mount Isa.
If you need to get around, you can grab a taxi. You'll need to either call the cab company ahead of time to arrange your pick up or head to a taxi rank.
Another option is to take a trip with North West Tours. The company offers tours that will show you the city's history, and it's legendary sunsets.
Otherwise, if you prefer having your own set of wheels, you can hire a car from the airport or one of the rental companies in town.
When is The Best Time to Visit Mount Isa?
The busiest time of year for Mount Isla are the cooler months of May to August. With the heat of summer gone and little chance of rain, local travellers flock here to explore the region.
If your trip falls between these dates, make sure you book your trip a few months in advance. You'll be able to lock in lower prices and save money on accommodation and flights.
For those that want to escape the crowds, plan your visit during the city's warmer months. If you can handle the heat, you'll have the city's attractions all to yourself. From December to February, Mount Isa sees the least amount of tourists, making it the most affordable time to visit.
For a balance between the winter and summer months, plan your trip for the shoulder season of spring. The temperatures start to warm up from September, but the weather is still bearable.
Airports in Mount Isa
Mount Isa Airport
Mount Isa Airport is located in Queensland, Australia. It is served by a number of regional airlines which operate flights to Brisbane, Cairns, Townsville and other popular domestic destinations.
Getting To and From Mount Isa Airport
The most affordable way to get into town is with the airport shuttle. It runs to Cloncurry and Mount Isa. There are also a few other charter bus services at the airport.
If you're in a rush, the quickest option is to take a taxi. You'll find the cab drivers waiting outside with arrivals terminal. A trip into town usually costs AUD 30 to 35.
For those that prefer having more freedom, you can rent a car. Avis, Hertz and Budget all have service desks and pick-up, drop-off facilities at the airport.