Compare Cheap Flights from Brisbane to Mount Isa, Australia
Looking for cheap flights to Mount Isa from Brisbane? Use Webjet's deal finder to help you compare flights, carriers and seating classes all year round. You'll be sure to find the right flight to match your budget, plans and travel preferences.
|Departure Date||Last Updated^|
*Prices on this page are subject to change without notice, perform a search to view live pricing. Prices are inclusive of taxes and airline surcharges. Webjet fees per flight booking: Webjet Servicing Fee: Domestic $21.95, NZ/Pacific $24.95, International $32.95. Booking Price Guarantee: Domestic $12.95, NZ/Pacific $14.95, International $21.95. Varying payment fees are included in the price breakdown on Webjet’s checkout page, once your payment method has been selected.
^Flight prices are indicative, based on passenger numbers and may vary dependent on your individual flight dates. Prices were found by customers on the date in the right hand column labelled "Last Updated" and may vary. Complete a new search to view live pricing.
Cheapest time to fly to Mount Isa
Best flight deals in November
Currency used in Mount Isa
Current Time in Mount Isa
Average Temperature in Mount Isa
Average Rainfall in Mount Isa
See more of Mount Isa
Cheap Brisbane to Mount Isa Flights
Nicknamed the "oasis of the outback", Mount Isa is a lesser-known destination located in Queensland. It's home to the world's third largest rodeo and is one of the region's longest-running mining towns.
With daily flights between Brisbane and Mount Isa, you can be exploring this part of the Outback in just 2h 40 min. Book your trip with Qantas or Virgin Australia and use Webjet to find the lowest airfare prices for your travel dates.
Ready to head for the skies? Here's everything you need to know about flying from Brisbane to Mount Isa!
Departing from Brisbane Airport
Getting to Brisbane Airport
Take the SkyTrain. It's one of the quickest ways to get from the city to the departure terminals. The service leaves the CBD every 15 minutes between 5:04 a.m. to 10:04 p.m. and costs AUD 15 per person.
Hop on board the local bus. Routes 569 and 590 run a regular service to the airport every day. But if you're in a rush, you can take one of the shuttle buses that have fewer stops.
Hail a taxi or use a ride-sharing app. A trip from the city to Brisbane Airport will cost between AUD 33-42.
Parking at Brisbane Airport
There are three parking options available at Brisbane Airport:
- Park Long: For weekend trips to Mount Isa, leave your car in this parking lot. It has the best rates for short stays and is close to the terminal building.
- Park Premium: Choose this option if you don't mind paying extra for convenience. Located on level 3 of the P1 car park, you'll have access to exclusive entry and exit ramps that will get you in and out of the airport faster.
- Park Valet: If you don't want to waste time at the airport, drop your car off here. The staff will take care of the rest, and you'll be a few steps away from the terminal building.
Arriving at Mount Isa Airport
Getting from Mount Isa Airport to Your Hotel
Book a spot on the airport shuttle. It's the cheapest way to get into town from the airport. The service runs to Mount Isa and Cloncurry, and there are also charter buses available.
Grab a cab. You'll find the taxi stands outside of the arrivals terminal. A trip into town will cost around AUD 30 to 35.
Rent a car. If you want more freedom or you're planning a few day trips, you can rent a car from one of the companies inside the arrivals hall.
Things to Do in Mount Isa
- Go to the Mount Isa Rotary Rodeo. It's the biggest in the Southern Hemisphere and people from around the world and Australia flock to the city to watch the event.
- Head up to the city lookout point. You'll get a 360-degree view of the city and the surrounding landscape. If you can, plan your trip for sunset and don't forget your camera.
- Visit the Kalkadoon Tribal Centre. It displays artwork and artefacts from the indigenous people, and the descendants of the tribe can teach you about their culture and the history of the area.
- Plan a trip to Lake Moondarra. It's known for its spectacular scenery and bird life. Visitors can go swimming, stroll long the Wallaby Walk or have a barbecue along its shoreline.