Compare Cheap Flights from Townsville to Melbourne, Australia
Looking for cheap flights to Melbourne from Townsville? Use Webjet's deal finder to help you compare flights, carriers and seating classes all year round. You'll be sure to find the right flight to match your budget, plans and travel preferences.
Flights: Webjet Servicing Fee: Domestic $21.95, NZ/Pacific $24.95, International $32.95. Booking Price Guarantee: Domestic $12.95, NZ/Pacific $14.95, International $21.95
Varying payment fees are included in the price breakdown on Webjet’s checkout page, once your payment method has been selected.
Flight prices are indicative, based on passenger numbers and may vary dependent on your individual flight dates. Prices were found by customers on the date in the right hand column labelled "Last Search Update" and may vary. Complete a new search to view live pricing.
Cheap Townsville to Melbourne Flights
Voted the most livable city in the world for seven years in a row, there's little wonder why Melbourne attracts hordes of visitors each year. From its live music scene to its rooftop bars and quirky art scene, it's one of the best city break destinations in Australia.
With nine flights a week from Townsville to Melbourne and a flight time of only 3 hours, you'll be exploring this bustling metropolis in no time. Book your trip with either Tigerair or Jetstar and use Webjet to help you find the cheapest day to fly.
Ready to book that holiday? Here's everything you need to know about flying from Townsville to Melbourne without a hitch.
Departing from Townsville Airport
Getting to Townsville Airport
If you're staying at select Townsville hotels, you can save money by using the airport shuttle. It runs seven days a week, and you can split the fare with other travellers.
A cheaper option would be to take one of the buses. Ingham Travel runs four return trips between the city and airport every day.
Taxis and ridesharing services are also available but are more expensive. A single trip from the CBD will set you back AUD 12-15 and take around 10-15 minutes depending on traffic.
Parking at Townsville Airport
- Short-Term Car Park: If you're only going to Melbourne for a few hours, choose this option. The first 10 minutes are free, and you'll pay AUD 20 for a seven-hour stay.
- Saver Car Park: For trips longer than 24 hours, this lot offers the most value for money. The daily rate starts at AUD 19, and the lot is close to the terminal building.
- Premium Car Park: If you want absolute convenience while at the airport, park your car here. You'll be within a one-minute walking distance of the terminals, and the lot is fenced, covered and secure. It costs AUD 26 to park here each day.
Arriving at Melbourne Airport
Getting from Melbourne Airport to Your Hotel
For budget travellers, the most affordable way to get from the airport is with the Skybus. A trip into the CBD only costs AUD 19, and the service runs 24 hours a day.
There are also plenty of regional and charter bus service options that operate to and from Melbourne Airport.
If you have a lot of luggage, you can take a taxi or use a ride sharing service. The cab drivers wait outside of the arrivals terminal, or you can meet your Uber driver at one of the pickup zones. A single trip into the city will cost between AUD 56-62.
For travellers that prefer having more freedom getting around, you can rent a vehicle from the airport. The car hire desks are located on the ground floor of the arrival hall.
Things to Do in Melbourne
- Go bargain hunting at the Queen Victoria Market. It's the largest open-air market in the southern hemisphere, and its stalls have everything from imported goods to unique home-made items.
- Take the kids to Melbourne's Aquarium. It's home to an abundance of marine life such as the Gentoo penguins, sharks, stingrays, sea dragons and so much more.
- Experience Melbourne's famous nightlife. The city is known for its many watering holes sprinkled across the city. Grab a friend and go bar hopping or see what all the fuss is about at some of the most famous establishments such as Croft Institute and Berlin Bar.
- Try some of the city's award-winning coffee. Melbourne is known around the world for its cafe culture and ability to brew a delicious cup of joe.
- Watch live music. Melbourne has plenty of live music venues that play everything from EDM to heavy metal. You won't have a hard time finding a place that caters to your tastes.
Melbourne, Australia - Melbourne Tullamarine Airport (MEL)
Melbourne Tullamarine Airport is the only international airport operating in the Melbourne area. Make travelling to Melbourne easier with Webjet's guide to the airport's terminals, car hire options and close hotel accommodation to Melbourne's Tullamarine Airport.