Compare Cheap Flights from Sydney to Melbourne, Australia
Looking for cheap flights to Melbourne from Sydney? Use Webjet's deal finder to help you compare flights, carriers and seating classes all year round. You'll be sure to find the right flight to match your budget, plans and travel preferences.
Flights: Webjet Servicing Fee: Domestic $21.95, NZ/Pacific $24.95, International $32.95. Booking Price Guarantee: Domestic $12.95, NZ/Pacific $14.95, International $21.95
Varying payment fees are included in the price breakdown on Webjet’s checkout page, once your payment method has been selected.
Flight prices are indicative, based on passenger numbers and may vary dependent on your individual flight dates. Prices were found by customers on the date in the right hand column labelled "Last Search Update" and may vary. Complete a new search to view live pricing.
Compare Cheap Sydney to Melbourne Flights
Looking to get out of town and escape to Australia's events capital?
Whether you're a foodie looking to indulge, a sports lover or you want to watch one of Melbourne's top musicals, a trip to this quirky coastal city won't disappoint.
Your flight from Sydney to Melbourne can have you soaking up its vibrant culture in less than an hour and a half. Jetstar, Qantas, Hahn Air and Virgin Australia all offer nonstop flights to Melbourne Tullamarine Airport (MEL) and Avalon Airport (AVV).
With 597 flights a week and an average of 98 departure times to choose from, you won't have a problem finding the perfect flight for your trip to Melbourne.
Ready to hit the clouds? Here's everything you need to know about flying from Sydney to Melbourne without a hitch!
Departing from Sydney Airport
Getting to Sydney Airport
Located 8 km south of the city, Sydney Airport is a quick 13 minutes away by train. It's one of the best ways to avoid the city's notorious traffic jams (especially during the holiday season) with trains leaving every 10 minutes from 5:00 a.m. to midnight 7-days a week. To get to the airport, catch the T8 Airport Line and don't forget to top up your Opal Card at the station to use this service.
Another affordable option is to take the Route 400 bus to the airport. The service stops at T1 International and T3 Domestic terminals, and fares cost AUD 5.60 one-way.
If you don't want to leave your car at the airport, you can catch a taxi or use a rideshare service. The drive to the domestic terminal is only 20 minutes from the CBD and costs on average AUD 45-55 one way.
Parking at Sydney Airport
Want to save on your parking fees? Book your parking spot online. The earlier you book ahead, the bigger your savings and the more money you'll have for your trip to Melbourne.
Which Parking Option is The Best for You?
- P1 / P2 are ideal if your trip to Melbourne will be a short one. It's a 5-minute walk to Domestic Terminals T2 & T3 and has guaranteed space available for customers who book online.
- P3 is the best option if you're planning to spend more than a few days in Melbourne. It has a discounted daily rate and is only a short 8-minute walk to Domestic Terminals T2 and T3.
- On a tight budget? Park your car at Blu Emu. It's located on Ross Smith Avenue and is 15-minute bus ride from the domestic terminals. There's a free shuttle 24 hours a day, and it's the most affordable option for domestic travellers.
Arriving at Melbourne Airport (MEL)
Getting from Melbourne Airport to Your Hotel
- For the most direct way to get to your hotel, grab a taxi outside one of the arrival terminals. The city is a 30-minute ride away, and a trip should set you back AUD 56 - 62 one way.
- If you want to save some money, Uber also operates from the airport. Qantas and Virgin Australia passengers will find the rideshare pickup zone at lane one of the forecourt. Passengers flying Jetstar or TigerAir can meet their drivers at the pick-up zone on level 2 inside the T4 Ground Transport Hub.
- The fastest way to get into Melbourne's CBD is with the SkyBus City Express service. It runs every 10 minutes between the airport, operating 24 hours 7-days a week at a flat rate of AUD 19 one-way.
- Other bus options at the airport include the Airport Shuttle Bus, regional and charter services as well as regular public buses.
- If you want to hire a car, head to the ground floor of the arrival terminal. You'll find six car rental companies to choose from that can help you with your travelling needs.
Things to Do in Melbourne
Melbourne is a bustling city with something to offer every kind of traveller. Spend a day exploring its plethora of museums like the National Gallery of Victoria and the Melbourne Museum.
For sports fans, welcome to your mecca. Attend one of the many world-class sporting events ranging from cricket, rugby and the Australian Motorcycle Grand Prix.
Nature lovers can escape the city by heading to the Royal Botanic Gardens and the Port Campbell National Park. History buffs can wander around the State Library Victoria and learn more about the city's Aboriginal heritage.
Melbourne, Australia - Melbourne Tullamarine Airport (MEL)
Melbourne Tullamarine Airport is the only international airport operating in the Melbourne area. Make travelling to Melbourne easier with Webjet's guide to the airport's terminals, car hire options and close hotel accommodation to Melbourne's Tullamarine Airport.