Compare Cheap Flights from Sunshine coast to Melbourne, Australia
Looking for cheap flights to Melbourne from Sunshine coast? Use Webjet's deal finder to help you compare flights, carriers and seating classes all year round. You'll be sure to find the right flight to match your budget, plans and travel preferences.
*Prices on this page are subject to change without notice, perform a search to view live pricing. Prices are inclusive of taxes and airline surcharges. Webjet fees per flight booking: Webjet Servicing Fee: Domestic $21.95, NZ/Pacific $24.95, International $32.95. Booking Price Guarantee: Domestic $12.95, NZ/Pacific $14.95, International $21.95. Varying payment fees are included in the price breakdown on Webjet’s checkout page, once your payment method has been selected.
Route information for flights from Sunshine coast to Melbourne
|Cheapest one-way price for the current month||from $268|
|Cheapest one-way price over next 6 months||from $118|
|Cheapest month||November 2020|
|Popular month||August 2020|
|Average flight time||1h 35m|
Cheapest time to fly to Melbourne
Best upcoming flight deals
Currency used in Melbourne
Current Time in Melbourne
Average Temperature in Melbourne
Average Rainfall in Melbourne
See more of Melbourne
Cheap Sunshine Coast to Melbourne Flights
Melbourne is the capital city of Victoria. It's one of the world's most livable cities and a major destination for local and international travellers looking for a city break.
With 29 flights a week from the Sunshine Coast to Melbourne, you can be exploring all that this city has to offer in just 2h 25min. Book your trip with either Jetstar or Virgin Australia and use Webjet to discover the cheapest day to fly.
Ready to pack your bags and see what all the fuss is about for yourself? Here's a quick guide on what you need to know about flying from the Sunshine Coast to Melbourne!
Departing from Sunshine Coast
Getting to Sunshine Coast Airport
The most affordable way to get to the airport is with one of the Translink buses. Route 622 runs from the city to the departure terminals from Monday to Sunday.
If you want to save time, you can take a metered taxi. A one-way trip to the airport should set you back around AUD 25.
Alternatively, you can use one of the shuttle service options. Con-X-ion and Henry's Airporter run a regular service from nearby areas to the airport throughout the week.
Parking at Sunshine Coast
There are three different parking options available at the Sunshine Coast Airport. All spots can be reserved online or once you arrive.
- Short Stay: If you're only visiting Melbourne for the day, park your car here. Rates start at AUD 6 for the first three hours.
- Long Stay: For trips longer than a day, you'll get more value for your money by using this parking lot. The bays are only a 3-minute walk from the terminal building. Daily rates start from AUD 18.
- Long Stay Plus: If you don't mind paying extra for convenience, choose this option. It's the closest parking lot to the check-in counters, and it costs AUD 19 for the first 24 hours.
Arriving at Melbourne Airport
Getting from Melbourne Airport to Your Hotel
For budget travellers, the best way to get from the airport is with the Skybus City Express. It's a 24 hours service, and will only set you back AUD 19 each way.
Another affordable option is to take one of the regional or charter bus services.
Metered taxis are also available. You'll find the cab drivers waiting outside of the arrivals terminal. A single trip into the CBD costs around AUD 56-62.
If you want to save some cash, you can use the airport's free WiFi to request an Uber. Depending on where your flight lands, you'll meet your driver at the closest pickup zone.
Car rental counters are located inside the arrival terminal. You'll find six companies to choose from that offer deals for every kind of budget.
Things to Do in Melbourne
- Visit the largest open-air market in the southern hemisphere. The Queen Victoria Market is open Thursday to Sunday and is a must-visit for bargain hunters. You'll find everything from imported goods to delicious foods and even a few carnival rides.
- Spend a few hours at the Aquarium. It's home to sea dragons, sharks, turtles, the Gentoo penguins and so much more. It's perfect for travelling families looking for an afternoon activity that won't break the bank.
- Go bar hopping. Don't stay cooped up in your hotel at night. Melbourne is known for its excellent bar scene that's spread out across the city.
- Another reason to explore Melbourne at night is its live music scene. You'll be able to find a venue playing anything from EDM to indie, hard rock to jazz almost every day of the week.
- Get a cup of coffee. No trip to Melbourne would be complete without trying its award-winning cup of joe. Mister Close and Brother Baba Budan are just some of the city's famous cafes.