Compare Cheap Flights from Rockhampton to Melbourne, Australia
Looking for cheap flights to Melbourne from Rockhampton? Use Webjet's deal finder to help you compare flights, carriers and seating classes all year round. You'll be sure to find the right flight to match your budget, plans and travel preferences.
*Prices on this page are subject to change without notice, perform a search to view live pricing. Prices are inclusive of taxes and airline surcharges. Webjet fees per flight booking: Webjet Servicing Fee: Domestic $21.95, NZ/Pacific $24.95, International $32.95. Booking Price Guarantee: Domestic $12.95, NZ/Pacific $14.95, International $21.95. Varying payment fees are included in the price breakdown on Webjet’s checkout page, once your payment method has been selected.
|Wed 30 Sep
Updated on 28 Sep
$367 ONE WAY
Route information for flights from Rockhampton to Melbourne
|Cheapest one-way price for the current month||from $367|
|Cheapest one-way price over next 6 months||from $219|
|Cheapest month||December 2020|
|Popular month||September 2020|
|Average flight time||1h 35m|
Cheapest time to fly to Melbourne
Best upcoming flight deals
Currency used in Melbourne
Current Time in Melbourne
Average Temperature in Melbourne
Average Rainfall in Melbourne
See more of Melbourne
Cheap Rockhampton to Melbourne Flights
Melbourne is a bustling metropolis that frequently tops the list of the world's most liveable cities. It's home to a thriving international food scene, holds the title of Australia's sports capital and is full of chic cafes and towering Victorian buildings.
With flights every day between Rockhampton and Melbourne, you can discover for yourself what all the fuss is about in just 4 h 5 min. Book your trip with Virgin Australia or Qantas and use Webjet to find the lowest airfare prices for your trip.
Ready to head for the clouds? Here's everything you need to know about flying from Rockhampton to Melbourne!
Departing from Rockhampton
Getting to Rockhampton Airport
There are no public buses or trains that service Rockhampton Airport.
You can take a metered taxi from the city centre to the departure terminals. A one-way trip will only cost AUD 16 and take about 10-minutes.
Other transportation options include buying a ticket for Young's Bus Service or the Rockhampton to Capricorn Coast Transfers.
Parking at Rockhampton Airport
There are three parking options available at Rockhampton Airport:
- Short-Term Car Park: If you're only going to Melbourne for the day, leave your car here. Its hourly rates work out cheaper than the long-term parking lot options. Prices start at AUD 25 for a 24-hour stay.
- Long-Term Car Park: For trips longer than a day, make use of this lot if you want to save money. It costs AUD 15 per day, but it's the furthest parking option from the terminal buildings.=
- Covered Car Park: If you want to protect your car from any of the natural elements, choose this option. Rates begin at AUD 25 per day.
Arriving at Melbourne Airport
Getting from Melbourne Airport to Your Hotel
Take the Skybus. It runs 24 hours a day between the airport and the city. Tickets cost only AUD 19 per person, making it one of the most affordable transportation options.
Use a ride-sharing service or grab a cab. The taxi stand is located outside of the arrivals building, and a trip into the CBD should cost between AUD 56-62.
Other transport options include renting a car or buying a ticket for one of the regional and charter bus services.
Things to Do in Melbourne
- Go on a tour of Melbourne's sports stadium. It's one of the best of it's kind in the world and has played host to significant sporting events such as the 1956 Olympic Games and the 2006 Commonwealth Games.
- Visit the National Gallery of Victoria. It's the oldest art gallery in Australia and has a collection of more than 70,000 pieces of art.
- Book a riverboat cruise down the Yarra River. The one-hour River Gardens Melbourne Sightseeing Tour will take you past many of the city's top attractions including the Royal Botanic Gardens and the Melbourne Cricket Ground.
- Go shopping at the Queen Victoria Market. It has everything from quirky souvenirs, delicious food and hard to find antiques. If you're visiting in the summer months, you'll also be in time for its live music events.