Compare Cheap Flights from Perth to Melbourne, Australia
Looking for cheap flights to Melbourne from Perth? Use Webjet's deal finder to help you compare flights, carriers and seating classes all year round. You'll be sure to find the right flight to match your budget, plans and travel preferences.
*Prices on this page are subject to change without notice, perform a search to view live pricing. Prices are inclusive of taxes and airline surcharges. Webjet fees per flight booking: Webjet Servicing Fee: Domestic $21.95, NZ/Pacific $24.95, International $32.95. Booking Price Guarantee: Domestic $12.95, NZ/Pacific $14.95, International $21.95. Varying payment fees are included in the price breakdown on Webjet’s checkout page, once your payment method has been selected.
Flight prices are indicative, based on passenger numbers and may vary dependent on your individual flight dates. Prices were found by customers on the date in the right hand column labelled "Last Search Update" and may vary. Complete a new search to view live pricing.
Cheap Perth to Melbourne Flights
Looking for a new Australian adventure? Melbourne is not to be missed! It's one of the best cities in the world to live in and is a top holiday destination.
Your flight from Perth will have you soaking up the city's arts scene, and hanging ten at the beach in less than 3h 30 min.
Jetstar, Qantas, Tigerair and Virgin Australia all offer non-stop flights to Melbourne Tullamarine Airport. With 106 flights a week from Perth to Melbourne, you won't have a hard time finding a departure time that works for you.
Ready to explore Victoria's capital city? Here's a quick guide to everything you need to know about flying from Perth to Melbourne!
Departing from Perth
Which Terminal is Your Flight To Melbourne Departing From?
- Virgin Australia operate from Terminal 1.
- Tigerair departs from Terminal 2.
- Jetstar uses Terminal 3.
- Qantas flights depart from Terminal 4.
All terminals have a variety of dining options as well as free WiFi apart from terminal 4 where you'll need to pay to use the on-site computers.
Getting to Perth Airport
The cheapest way to get from the city to Perth Airport is with the public bus. If your flight is departing from T1 or T2, take Route 380. It runs daily from the Elizabeth Quay Bus Station and is equipped with luggage racks. If you're flying out of T3 or T4, catch the Route 40 bus. It offers the most direct route between the airport and Perth City.
A taxi or Uber ride will take 20-minutes from the CBD to the airport, and a one-way trip will set you back around AUD 42-52 depending on traffic.
Parking at Perth Airport
Which Parking Option is the Best For You?
- Short Term parking is ideal for people travelling on short trips. The spaces are right outside the terminal doors and only a few minutes from the check-in counters.
- Long Term is perfect for travellers visiting the Gold Coast for a longer period. There is a free bus shuttle to the terminal 24 hours a day, and parking here costs less than AUD 10 a day.
- Fast Track is Perth's Airport premium parking option. It offers passengers 230 exclusive bays which are only one minute away from the check-in counters. It's the best option for travellers who want absolute convenience.
Arriving at Melbourne Airport
Getting from Melbourne Airport to Your Hotel
The most direct way to get from the airport to your hotel is with a taxi or ridesharing service. The taxi ranks are outside the arrival terminals and cost AUD 42-52 one-way.
If you decide to take an Uber, you can find the rideshare pickup zone at lane one of the forecourt. But if you're flying with Jetstar or TigerAir, your driver can fetch you from the pick-up zone on level 2 inside the T4 Ground Transport Hub.
The fastest way to get into Melbourne City is with the SkyBus. It runs every 10 minutes between the airport and the CBD at a flat rate of AUD 19 one-way.
Other options include taking the Airport Shuttle Bus, the regional and charter service or the regular public buses.
For car rentals, head to the ground floor of the arrival terminal. You'll find six companies to choose from to help you with your travelling needs.
Things to Do in Melbourne
Melbourne is a vibrant city with a seemingly endless list of things to see and do.
- Spend your day exploring its many museums like the National Gallery of Victoria or learning about the city's Aboriginal heritage.
- Sports fans can attend one of the world-class sporting events. Choose from cricket, rugby, sailing or even the Australian Motorcycle Grand Prix.
- Nature lovers can escape the bustle of the city by heading to the Royal Botanic Gardens and the Port Campbell National Park.
Melbourne, Australia - Melbourne Tullamarine Airport (MEL)
Melbourne Tullamarine Airport is the only international airport operating in the Melbourne area. Make travelling to Melbourne easier with Webjet's guide to the airport's terminals, car hire options and close hotel accommodation to Melbourne's Tullamarine Airport.