Compare Cheap Flights from Newcastle to Melbourne, Australia
Looking for cheap flights to Melbourne from Newcastle? Use Webjet's deal finder to help you compare flights, carriers and seating classes all year round. You'll be sure to find the right flight to match your budget, plans and travel preferences.
|Departure Date||Last Updated^|
*Prices on this page are subject to change without notice, perform a search to view live pricing. Prices are inclusive of taxes and airline surcharges. Webjet fees per flight booking: Webjet Servicing Fee: Domestic $21.95, NZ/Pacific $24.95, International $32.95. Booking Price Guarantee: Domestic $12.95, NZ/Pacific $14.95, International $21.95. Varying payment fees are included in the price breakdown on Webjet’s checkout page, once your payment method has been selected.
^Flight prices are indicative, based on passenger numbers and may vary dependent on your individual flight dates. Prices were found by customers on the date in the right hand column labelled "Last Updated" and may vary. Complete a new search to view live pricing.
Cheapest time to fly to Melbourne
Best flight deals in April
Currency used in Melbourne
Current Time in Melbourne
Average Temperature in Melbourne
Average Rainfall in Melbourne
See more of Melbourne
Cheap Newcastle to Melbourne Flights
Looking for cheap flights from Newcastle to Melbourne?
Choose from leading airlines such as Qantas, Jetstar or Virgin Australia and find the flight the suits your budget. Pick your departure and arrival times from the 29 weekly flights and get ready to explore Melbourne in just 1h 35 min.
Ready to book your flight and explore one of Australia's most popular destinations? Here's a quick guide to what you can expect when you fly from Newcastle to Melbourne.
Departing from Newcastle Airport
Newcastle Airport is the most important airport in the New South Wales area. With only one terminal, all flights departing to Melbourne will leave from here.
Getting to Newcastle Airport
The cheapest way to get from Newcastle to the airport is with the public bus. The Port Stephens Coaches run a service from the train station to the airport 11 times a day. While the Hunter Valley Buses operate routes to the airport from Maitland, Raymond Terrace and Stockton.
Taxis and ride-sharing services like Uber are also available. A trip from Newcastle CBD to the airport will set you back AUD 43-58 depending on the traffic.
Parking at Newcastle Airport
Want to leave your car at the airport? Newcastle has a variety of options to suit every kind of budget.
Which Parking Option is The Best for You?
- Premium Car Park: If you don't mind paying more for convenience, park your car here. It's located 200 meters from the terminal, and daily rates start from AUD 35.
- Short Stay Car Park: Park here if you're going to Melbourne for less than 24 hours. It's located opposite the departure terminal and the day rate is 31 AUD.
- Long Stay Car Park: For weekend trips or longer stays, leave your car here. It costs AUD 25 a day and is 400 meters from the terminals.
- Long Stay Saver Car Park: For budget travellers, park your car here. It is only AUD 19 per day, and while it isn't close to the terminals, there is a free shuttle bus.
Arriving at Melbourne Airport
Getting from Melbourne Airport to Your Hotel
The taxi ranks are located outside of the arrivals hall. A trip into Melbourne's CBD costs around AUD 56-62 depending on traffic.
If you're catching a ride with Uber, go to the rideshare pickup zone in the forecourt. However, if you're flying with Jetstar or Tigerair, you can meet your driver at the pickup zone on level 2.
The cheapest way to get into the city is with the SkyBus City Express service. It runs 24 hours a day from the airport and costs AUD 19 for a single trip. Other bus options include the Airport Shuttle Bus, regular public bus services and charter services.
Car hire counters are located on the ground floor of the arrival terminal. Here you'll find six rental companies that can help you with your travelling needs while in Melbourne.
Things to Do in Melbourne
- Spend a night exploring Melbourne's bar scene. The city is famous for its pubs hidden around almost every single corner. Take yourself on a tour and have a drink at some of the cities most famous spots like the Croft Institute.
- Taste some of Australia's best coffee. Treat your taste buds and get an award-winning cup of joe from some of the city's most acclaimed cafes.
- Discover Melbourne's music scene. The city has some incredible live music venues that regularly host local and international acts from every kind of genre.
- Watch some sport. Melbourne hosts some of Australia's biggest sports events such as the Australian Open and the annual Australian Grand Prix.