Compare Cheap Flights from Mackay to Melbourne, Australia
Looking for cheap flights to Melbourne from Mackay? Use Webjet's deal finder to help you compare flights, carriers and seating classes all year round. You'll be sure to find the right flight to match your budget, plans and travel preferences.
|Departure Date||Last Updated^|
|Wed 26 Feb||
$440 ONE WAY
$336 ONE WAY
|Thu 27 Feb||
$354 ONE WAY
$442 ONE WAY
|Fri 28 Feb||Best Price||
$420 ONE WAY
$442 ONE WAY
|Sat 29 Feb||
$306 ONE WAY
$274 ONE WAY
*Prices on this page are subject to change without notice, perform a search to view live pricing. Prices are inclusive of taxes and airline surcharges. Webjet fees per flight booking: Webjet Servicing Fee: Domestic $21.95, NZ/Pacific $24.95, International $32.95. Booking Price Guarantee: Domestic $12.95, NZ/Pacific $14.95, International $21.95. Varying payment fees are included in the price breakdown on Webjet’s checkout page, once your payment method has been selected.
^Flight prices are indicative, based on passenger numbers and may vary dependent on your individual flight dates. Prices were found by customers on the date in the right hand column labelled "Last Updated" and may vary. Complete a new search to view live pricing.
Route information for flights from Mackay to Melbourne
|Cheapest one-way price for the current month||from $260|
|Cheapest one-way price over next 6 months||from $202|
|Cheapest month||June 2020|
|Popular month||February 2020|
|Average flight time||1h 35m|
Cheapest time to fly to Melbourne
Best flight deals in February
Currency used in Melbourne
Current Time in Melbourne
Average Temperature in Melbourne
Average Rainfall in Melbourne
See more of Melbourne
Cheap Mackay to Melbourne Flights
Melbourne is the cultural and sporting capital of Australia. It plays host to numerous international festivals throughout the year and has won the title of world's most livable city six years in a row.
With over 100 flights each month between Mackay and Melbourne and a journey time of 4h 15 min, you'll be exploring one of Australia's most iconic cities in no time. Book your trip with leading airlines such as Qantas, Virgin Australia or Jetstar and use Webjet to discover the cheapest dates to fly.
Ready to head for the skies? Here's everything you need to know about flying from Mackay to Melbourne.
Departing from Mackay Airport
Getting to Mackay Airport
If you're on a tight budget, the best way to get from the city to the airport is with the bus. There is a daily service that stops at the departure terminals eleven times a day from Monday to Friday and four times a day on Saturdays.
If you don't want to waste time getting to the airport, you can take a metered cab. The ride from the city will set you back AUD 20 and take about 10 minutes depending on the traffic.
Parking at Mackay Airport
If you want to leave your car at the airport, use the online booking system, You'll save up to 40% on fees, and you can reserve your spot four hours in advance.
Which Parking Option Should You Choose?
- The Price Buster: This is the cheapest parking option at the airport. Prices start at AUD 7, and it's located inside the Long Term Car Park.
- The Weekender: If you're going to Melbourne for a short trip, you'll find more favourable rates here. A three-day stay will cost AUD 53.
- The Jetstar: Another affordable short-term option is inside the airport's covered lot. Rates are AUD 67 for a minimum stay of three days.
- Weekly Stay: If you're going to Melbourne for a week or more, use this parking lot. A seven-day stay will cost AUD 70 if you book online.
- Drive Up: If you haven't had time to pre-book your spot, rates at the airport will be higher with prices starting at AUD 30 per day.
Arriving at Melbourne Airport
Getting from Melbourne Airport to Your Hotel
Take the Skybus from the airport if you want to save money. A trip to the CBD costs AUD 19 per person, and the service runs 24 hours a day.
You can also take one of the regional or charter bus services to nearby destinations.
The taxi stands are located outside of the arrivals terminal. Ride-sharing services like Uber are also available, and you can expect to pay between AUD 56-62 depending on the traffic.
If you want more freedom moving around the city, you can hire a vehicle from the airport. The car hire desks are on the ground floor of the arrivals hall, and there are several companies to choose from.
Things to Do in Melbourne
- Go shopping at the Queen Victoria Market. It's the largest of its kind in the southern hemisphere and has everything from fresh produce to imported goods.
- Spend the afternoon at the Melbourne Aquarium. It's the perfect family outing and a chance to beat the heat of the day while learning all about Australia's unique marine life.
- Get out of your hotel room and see the city at night. Have a drink at some of Melbourne's most popular bars like the Croft Institute and venture into some of the city's lesser-known gems.
- You can't leave Melbourne without trying its award-winning coffee. The city is home to cafes that attract caffeine lovers from all over the world looking for a delicious cup of joe.
- Support Melbourne's live music scene. From EDM to heavy metal, you won't have a hard time finding a venue that caters to your musical tastes.