Compare Cheap Flights from Hobart to Melbourne, Australia
Looking for cheap flights to Melbourne from Hobart? Use Webjet's deal finder to help you compare flights, carriers and seating classes all year round. You'll be sure to find the right flight to match your budget, plans and travel preferences.
*Prices on this page are subject to change without notice, perform a search to view live pricing. Prices are inclusive of taxes and airline surcharges. Webjet flight fees per booking: Webjet Servicing Fee: Domestic $21.95, NZ/Pacific $24.95, International $32.95. Booking Price Guarantee: Domestic $12.95, NZ/Pacific $14.95, International $21.95. Varying payment fees are included in the price breakdown on Webjet’s checkout page, once your payment method has been selected.
|Departure Date||Last Updated^|
Cheapest time to fly to Melbourne
Best upcoming flight deals
Currency used in Melbourne
Current Time in Melbourne
Average Temperature in Melbourne
Average Rainfall in Melbourne
See more of Melbourne
Cheap Hobart to Melbourne Flights
Melbourne is home to world-class sporting events, delicious food and some of Australia's best coffee.
The best part? You can be soaking up Melbourne's unique city culture in just 1h 15 min. Leading airlines Qantas, Jetstar, Virgin Australia and TigerAir offer direct flights every day from Hobart to Melbourne. All you need to do is choose one of the 132 flights a week that best suit your budget.
Ready to book your tickets? Here's a quick rundown on everything you need to know about flying from Hobart to Melbourne.
Departing from Hobart Airport
Getting to Hobart Airport
The only public transportation that goes to the airport is the Tasmanian Redline City Hotels Shuttle bus. Book your spot, and you'll be fetched from your accommodation and dropped off at the departure terminals.
If you want a quicker option, taxis are available. A trip to Hobart Airport from the CBD takes around 20 minutes and costs AUD 35 depending on the traffic.
Parking at Hobart Airport
Want to leave your car at the airport? Choose from one of the three conveniently located car parks that suit your needs.
- Main Car Park: This is the best option for short-term stays. It's close the terminals and the check-in counters. Parking here for 24 hours will cost AUD 44.
- Valet Parking: If you want absolute convenience, choose the valet option. It's located outside the middle of the terminal parking and costs AUD 55 per day. All you need to do is park in one of the designated spaces, and the attendants will take care of the rest.
- Saver Car Park: For budget travellers and longer trips, this is the best option. Day rates start as low as AUD 32, and the parking lot is only a short walk to the departures terminal.
Arriving at Melbourne Airport
Getting from Melbourne Airport to Your Hotel
The taxi ranks are located outside the arrivals terminal. A single trip into the city costs around AUD 56-62, and it's the most direct way to get to your hotel.
Rideshare services are also available at Melbourne Airport. If you're flying with Virgin Australia or Qantas, meet your driver at the rideshare pickup zone in the forecourt. Jetstar and TigerAir passengers can wait for their driver at the pickup zone on level 2.
The most affordable way to get into the city is with the SkyBus City Express. A single trip costs AUD 19 and the service runs 24 hours a day. Other bus options from the airport include the Airport Shuttle Bus as well as regional and charter bus services.
The car hire counters are located on the ground floor of the arrival terminal. There are six car rental companies to choose from with deals to suit every kind of traveller and budget.
Things to Do in Melbourne
- Go on a pub tour. Melbourne is known for it's one of a kind bars that are hidden around the city. Make sure you don't miss the Croft Institute, Berlin Bar and the Bar Americano.
- Grab a cup of joe at one of the award-winning cafes. Patricia Coffee Brewers, Brother Baba Budan and Mister Close serve some of the best coffee in the city.
- Watch some live music. Melbourne's nightlife scene plays host to an array of musical acts. From rock to jazz and everything in between won't have a problem finding a spot that caters to your tastes.
- Watch some sport. No visit to Melbourne would be complete without partaking in the city's favourite past time. Watch a tennis match at the Australian Open or cheer on your team at the Australian Grand Prix.