Compare Cheap Flights from Gold coast to Melbourne, Australia
Looking for cheap flights to Melbourne from Gold coast? Use Webjet's deal finder to help you compare flights, carriers and seating classes all year round. You'll be sure to find the right flight to match your budget, plans and travel preferences.
Flights: Webjet Servicing Fee: Domestic $21.95, NZ/Pacific $24.95, International $32.95. Booking Price Guarantee: Domestic $12.95, NZ/Pacific $14.95, International $21.95
Varying payment fees are included in the price breakdown on Webjet’s checkout page, once your payment method has been selected.
Flight prices are indicative, based on passenger numbers and may vary dependent on your individual flight dates. Prices were found by customers on the date in the right hand column labelled "Last Search Update" and may vary. Complete a new search to view live pricing.
Cheap Gold Coast to Melbourne Flights
With its award-winning musicals, an endless list of sports to watch and some of the best food in Australia - a trip to Melbourne deserves a spot on anyone's bucket list.
The best part? Melbourne is only a two-hour flight from the Gold Coast. With 131 flights departing each week, you won't have a problem finding the perfect departure time for your next holiday or business trip.
Here's everything you need to know about flying from the Gold Coast to Melbourne without a hitch!
Departing from Gold Coast Airport
Getting to Gold Coast Airport
The cheapest way to get to the Gold Coast Airport is with the public bus. You can buy pay-as-you-go options or purchase an unlimited bus and tram pass for only AUD 10 per day.
If you're travelling alone or in a big group, one of the best ways to get to the airport is with the Gold Coast Tourist Shuttle. You'll get fetched from your hotel and dropped off right outside the departures terminal.
The most direct way to get to the Gold Coast Airport is with a taxi or ride-sharing service. It usually costs around AUD 30-60 from Surfers Paradise depending on the traffic.
Parking at Gold Coast Airport
Want to leave your car at the airport? Gold Coast Airport has parking options for every kind of traveller and budget.
Which Parking Option Should You Choose?
- Premium Covered Parking: This is the most expensive option, but you'll be the closest to the terminal building. Plus, if you book online you can save on fees and guarantee there will be a spot available for your trip.
- Short-Term Terminal Parking: Only use this option if you are parking at the airport less than 8 hours. If you do, you'll be charged hourly for your stay at much higher rates.
- Budget Parking: For travellers on a budget, this is the best option. You can choose from covered and uncovered options and pay only AUD 16 each day.
Arriving at Melbourne Airport
Getting from Melbourne Airport to Your Hotel
The most convenient way to get from Melbourne Airport to your hotel is with a cab. You'll find the taxi ranks outside the arrival terminals, and one-way trips usually cost around AUD 42-52.
If you prefer to use ride-sharing services like Uber, you can wait for your driver at the rideshare pickup zone at lane one of the forecourt. For passengers flying with Jetstar or TigerAir, you can meet your driver at the pick-up zone on level 2 inside the T4 Ground Transport Hub.
The fastest way to get from the airport into Melbourne's CBD is with the SkyBus. A one-way trip will only set you back AUD 19, and the buses depart every 10 minutes. Other bus options include the Airport Shuttle Bus, regional and charter services or the regular public buses.
For car hire, head to the ground floor of the arrival terminal. You'll find six car rental companies that can help you with your travelling needs.
Things to Do in Melbourne
- Explore Melbourne's lively bar scene. There are tiny pubs tucked away everywhere in the city. Take yourself on a tour and try to find gems like the Croft Institute - a chemistry-lab themed bar.
- Don't leave the city without tasting its coffee. Melbourne is known around the country as one of the best places to grab a cup of joe. Get your fix at the latest winner of the annual Barista Championships or simply walk into any local cafe.
- Find your new favourite band at Melbourne's top live music venues. Head to Pony, Espy or The Corner if you want to hang out with the locals and enjoy local and international bands.
- Get into sport. Spend a day watching a match at the Australian Open Tennis Championships, go to the Australian Grand Prix or plan your trip around the Spring Racing Carnival.
Melbourne, Australia - Melbourne Tullamarine Airport (MEL)
Melbourne Tullamarine Airport is the only international airport operating in the Melbourne area. Make travelling to Melbourne easier with Webjet's guide to the airport's terminals, car hire options and close hotel accommodation to Melbourne's Tullamarine Airport.