Compare Cheap Flights from Darwin to Melbourne, Australia
Looking for cheap flights to Melbourne from Darwin? Use Webjet's deal finder to help you compare flights, carriers and seating classes all year round. You'll be sure to find the right flight to match your budget, plans and travel preferences.
*Prices on this page are subject to change without notice, perform a search to view live pricing. Prices are inclusive of taxes and airline surcharges. Webjet flight fees per booking: Webjet Servicing Fee: Domestic $21.95, NZ/Pacific $24.95, International $32.95. Booking Price Guarantee: Domestic $12.95, NZ/Pacific $14.95, International $21.95. Varying payment fees are included in the price breakdown on Webjet’s checkout page, once your payment method has been selected.
|Departure Date||Last Updated^|
|Thu 26 Nov||
$728 ONE WAY
$750 ONE WAY
|Fri 27 Nov||-||
$663 ONE WAY
$578 ONE WAY
|Sat 28 Nov||-||
$408 ONE WAY
|Sun 29 Nov||Best Price||
$499 ONE WAY
|Mon 30 Nov||Best Price||
$490 ONE WAY
$665 ONE WAY
Route information for flights from Darwin to Melbourne
|Cheapest one-way price for the current month||from $408|
|Cheapest one-way price over next 6 months||from $124|
|Cheapest month||May 2021|
|Most expensive month||November 2020|
|Average flight time||1h 35m|
Cheapest time to fly to Melbourne
Best upcoming flight deals
Currency used in Melbourne
Current Time in Melbourne
Average Temperature in Melbourne
Average Rainfall in Melbourne
See more of Melbourne
Cheap Darwin to Melbourne Flights
Voted the world's "most livable" city for five years in a row, it's easy to see why Melbourne is one of Australia's most popular cities to visit.
You can discover Melbourne for yourself with a 4 h 10 min flight from Darwin. Book your direct flight with wither Qantas, Virgin Australia or Jetstar and choose one of the 19 weekly flights that best suit your budget.
Ready to book your tickets? Here's a quick rundown on everything you need to know about flying from Darwin to Melbourne.
Departing Darwin Airport
All domestic flights from Darwin to Melbourne will depart from the main terminal.
Inside the airport, you'll find multiple airline lounges, ATMs, shops, restaurants and free WiFi.
Getting to Darwin Airport
If you're short on time, the quickest way to get from the city to Darwin Airport is with a taxi. A one-way trip costs AUD 25 to 30 and takes about 15 minutes if there is no traffic.
For budget travellers, the cheapest option is to take the Darwin City Airport Shuttle Service. It costs AUD 18 for a single trip and runs 24 hours a day, 7-days a week.
Other transport options include Buslink as well as coach and charter services.
Parking at Darwin Airport
Darwin Airport has three different car parks that are open 24 hours a day, 7-days a week.
- Short Stay Car Park: Located in front of the Terminal Building, it's the best option for stays under 24 hours. Parking is free for the first 15-minutes and costs AUD 40 per day.
- Long Stay Plus: For trips to Sydney that are longer than a day, leave your car here. It's 200 meters from the terminal building and costs AUD 80 for three days.
- Long Stay Saver: For budget travellers visiting Sydney for a week or more, this car park offers the most value. It only costs AUD 99 for seven days and is a 6-minute walk to the check-in counters.
Arriving at Melbourne Airport
Melbourne has three airports, but all direct flights from Darwin will land at Melbourne Tullamarine Airport.
- Qantas flights will arrive at Terminal 1.
- Virgin Australia flights arrive at Terminal 2.
- Jetstar flights will arrive at Terminal 4.
Getting from Melbourne Airport to Your Hotel
If you want to take a taxi from the airport to your hotel, you'll find the ranks outside the arrivals terminal. A trip into the city usually costs AUD 56-62 and takes about 20 minutes depending on traffic.
For ridesharing services, you'll need to wait for your driver at designated pick up zone points. Virgin Australia and Qantas passengers should head to the zone in the forecourt area, and Jetstar and TigerAir passengers will find their drivers at the pickup point on level 2.
The cheapest way to get into the city is with the Skybus City Express. A one-way trip will set you back AUD 19, and the service runs 24 hours a day from the airport to the CBD.
For car hire, you'll find the rental desks located on the ground floor of the arrivals terminal.
Things to Do in Melbourne
- Explore Melbourne's pub scene. The city is known for its unique and quirky bars hidden around each corner. Take yourself on a tour and see what interesting places you can discover.
- No trip to Melbourne would be complete without tasting the city's famous coffee. Stop by Patricia Coffee Brewers, Brother Baba Budan or Mister Close to sample the best cup of joe Melbourne has to offer.
- Attend a live music show. Melbourne is home to the best underground music scene in the country. From rock to jazz and everything else, you won't have a problem finding a place that caters to your musical tastes.