Compare Cheap Flights from Canberra to Melbourne, Australia
Looking for cheap flights to Melbourne from Canberra? Use Webjet's deal finder to help you compare flights, carriers and seating classes all year round. You'll be sure to find the right flight to match your budget, plans and travel preferences.
*Prices on this page are subject to change without notice, perform a search to view live pricing. Prices are inclusive of taxes and airline surcharges. Webjet fees per flight booking: Webjet Servicing Fee: Domestic $21.95, NZ/Pacific $24.95, International $32.95. Booking Price Guarantee: Domestic $12.95, NZ/Pacific $14.95, International $21.95. Varying payment fees are included in the price breakdown on Webjet’s checkout page, once your payment method has been selected.
|Departure Date||Last Updated^|
|Sun 31 May||
$412 ONE WAY
|Sun 31 May
Updated on 29 May
$412 ONE WAY
Route information for flights from Canberra to Melbourne
|Cheapest one-way price for the current month||from $412|
|Cheapest one-way price over next 6 months||from $169|
|Cheapest month||August 2020|
|Popular month||May 2020|
|Average flight time||1h 10m|
Cheapest time to fly to Melbourne
Best upcoming flight deals
Currency used in Melbourne
Current Time in Melbourne
Average Temperature in Melbourne
Average Rainfall in Melbourne
See more of Melbourne
Cheap Canberra to Melbourne Flights
Home to award-winning coffee, world-class sporting events and some of Australia's best food - a trip to Melbourne will leave you wanting more.
With 127 flights a week from Canberra to Melbourne, you'll won't have a hard time finding a route that fits your budget. Fly with leading airlines such as Qantas, Virgin Australia or TigerAir, and in just 1h 10min you'll be soaking up Melbourne's vibrant city culture.
Ready to book your tickets and hit the sky? Here's everything you need to know about flying from Canberra to Melbourne without a hitch!
Departing from Canberra Airport
Getting to Canberra Airport
The cheapest way to get from the city to Canberra Airport is with the public bus. Routes 11 and 11A run 7-days a week from the CBD to the terminals. A one-way trip costs AUD 4.80 and payment can be made on board.
If you want to get to the airport faster, you can order a taxi or request a ride with a ride-sharing service. A single trip from the CBD costs AUD 48-54 depending on the traffic.
Parking at Canberra Airport
Want to leave your car at the airport? Canberra has convenient parking options, all close to the terminal buildings. But keep in mind that the parking lots do close 30 minutes after the last flight arrival and only reopen each morning at 4:00 a.m.
Parking Options at Canberra Airport
- Covered Parking: The two blue and green car parks offer passenger cars protection from the elements. It costs AUD 90 to park here for the weekend or AUD 15 per additional day.
- Outdoor Parking: If you don't mind your car being outside, you'll save with cheaper rates. The yellow and red car parks only cost AUD 69 for three days and AUD 12 per additional day.
Arriving at Melbourne Airport
Getting from Melbourne Airport to Your Hotel
The most direct way to get from the airport to your hotel is with a cab. The taxi ranks are located outside the arrivals terminal, and a single trip into town usually costs AUD 56-62 depending on traffic.
Rideshare services like Uber also operate from the airport. If you're flying with Qantas or Virgin Australia, meet your driver at the rideshare pickup zone in the forecourt. If you're travelling with Jetstar or TigerAir, head to the pickup zone on level 2 and wait for your driver there.
A more affordable way to get to your hotel is to take the SkyBus City Express service. It runs 24 hours a day and leaves the airport every 10 minutes. A one-way trip will only set you back AUD 10. Other bus options include the Airport Shuttle Bus, regional and charter services as well as regular public bus services.
Car hire counters are on the ground floor of the arrival terminal. Here you'll find six rental companies to help you with your travelling needs.
Things to Do in Melbourne
- Leave your hotel room at night and explore Melbourne's bar scene. There are tiny pubs hidden around the city waiting to be discovered. Take yourself on a tour and visit interesting places like the Croft Institute - a chemistry lab inspired bar.
- Taste the city's coffee. Melbourne is known for brewing a delicious cup of joe. Head to some of the cities most acclaimed cafes and sample their award-winning coffee.
- Discover your new favourite band. Melbourne has some incredible live music venues playing host to local and international acts.
- Watch some sport. Spend an afternoon cheering on your favourite tennis player at the Australian Open or buy tickets for the annual Australian Grand Prix.