Compare Cheap Flights from Cairns to Melbourne, Australia
Looking for cheap flights to Melbourne from Cairns? Use Webjet's deal finder to help you compare flights, carriers and seating classes all year round. You'll be sure to find the right flight to match your budget, plans and travel preferences.
*Prices on this page are subject to change without notice, perform a search to view live pricing. Prices are inclusive of taxes and airline surcharges. Webjet flight fees per booking: Webjet Servicing Fee: Domestic $21.95, NZ/Pacific $24.95, International $32.95. Booking Price Guarantee: Domestic $12.95, NZ/Pacific $14.95, International $21.95. Varying payment fees are included in the price breakdown on Webjet’s checkout page, once your payment method has been selected.
|Departure Date||Last Updated^|
|Wed 25 Nov||
$528 ONE WAY
$484 ONE WAY
|Thu 26 Nov||-||Best Price||
$569 ONE WAY
|Fri 27 Nov||
$468 ONE WAY
$469 ONE WAY
|Sat 28 Nov||
$252 ONE WAY
$520 ONE WAY
|Sun 29 Nov||
$448 ONE WAY
$440 ONE WAY
$569 ONE WAY
|Mon 30 Nov||
$358 ONE WAY
$255 ONE WAY
Route information for flights from Cairns to Melbourne
|Cheapest one-way price for the current month||from $238|
|Cheapest one-way price over next 6 months||from $114|
|Cheapest month||May 2021|
|Most expensive month||November 2020|
|Average flight time||1h 35m|
Cheapest time to fly to Melbourne
Best upcoming flight deals
Currency used in Melbourne
Current Time in Melbourne
Average Temperature in Melbourne
Average Rainfall in Melbourne
See more of Melbourne
Cheap Cairns to Melbourne Flights
Melbourne holds the title as the world's most liveable city. But besides its excellent quality of life, it also has a unique culture that sets it apart from any other city in Australia and the world.
Fly from Cairns to Melbourne in just 3h 20 min with leading airlines such as Virgin Australia, Qantas, Jetstar and Tigerair. With 39 flights a week, you'll be able to find a departure time that works for your schedule and budget.
Ready to discover what all the fuss is about? Here's a quick guide to everything you need to know about flying from Cairns to Melbourne without a hitch.
Departing from Cairns Airport
All flights from Cairns to Melbourne depart from the domestic terminal. Inside the departure lounge, you'll find free WiFi, restaurants, shops and ATMs.
Getting to Cairns Airport
Travelling on a tight budget? The best way to get from Cairns to the airport is with the local bus. All you need to do is get a one-way ticket to the Sheridan Street bus stop. Once there, wait for the Airport Connect bus, and your entire journey will only cost you AUD 6.20.
If you're staying at a hotel in the city centre, take the airport shuttle. A single trip will cost you AUD 15-17, or if you're staying at selected backpackers, you'll save with the discounted rate of only AUD 10.
Taxis and ridesharing services like Uber can also take you to the airport. A trip from the CBD will cost around AUD 20.
Parking at Cairns Airport
If you want to leave your car at the airport, make your booking online. You'll save up to 40% on daily rates, which means you'll have more money for your trip to Melbourne.
- The Weekender: If you're only going to Melbourne for 1-3 days, leave your car in the T2 Car Park. It's close to the domestic terminals and only costs AUD 55 for the weekend.
- Weekly Stay: For longer stays, park your vehicle in the T2 Uncovered Car Park. It's also right by the domestic terminals, and a week-long rate will only set you back AUD 77.
Arriving at Melbourne Airport
Getting from Melbourne Airport to Your Hotel
Want to take a taxi to your hotel? You'll find the cabs waiting outside of the arrivals hall. A trip into Melbourne usually costs around AUD 56-62 depending on the traffic.
For pickups with Uber, head to the rideshare zone in the forecourt. However, if you've booked your flight with either Jetstar or Tigerair, it's easier to meet your driver at the pickup zone on level 2.
The most affordable way to get into Melbourne's CBD is with the SkyBus. It runs 24 hours a day from the airport and only costs AUD 19 for a one-way trip.
For car hire, you'll find the rental desks on the ground floor of the arrivals terminal.
Things to Do in Melbourne
- Indulge in Melbourne's gourmet food scene. Whether you love chocolates, pastries, wine or your artisanal delights, you'll find something to satisfy your taste buds and budget.
- Don't have a lot of money to spend? Hit the pavements and explore Melbourne's laneways. You'll find beautiful street art, trendy boutiques, cafes and art galleries to explore without it costing you a dime.
- Spend a night out on the town. Melbourne is famous for its pubs hidden around almost every single corner. Visit some of it's most well-known establishments like the Croft Institute and uncover some of the city's lesser-known gems.
- Immerse yourself in Melbourne's cultural events. The city plays host to countless theatre productions, live music shows, art galleries, museums and festivals throughout the year. Whether you're into fashion, art, sport or multicultural events, the city is always buzzing with activity.