Compare Cheap Flights from Brisbane to Melbourne, Australia
Looking for cheap flights to Melbourne from Brisbane? Use Webjet's deal finder to help you compare flights, carriers and seating classes all year round. You'll be sure to find the right flight to match your budget, plans and travel preferences.
*Prices on this page are subject to change without notice, perform a search to view live pricing. Prices are inclusive of taxes and airline surcharges. Webjet fees per flight booking: Webjet Servicing Fee: Domestic $21.95, NZ/Pacific $24.95, International $32.95. Booking Price Guarantee: Domestic $12.95, NZ/Pacific $14.95, International $21.95. Varying payment fees are included in the price breakdown on Webjet’s checkout page, once your payment method has been selected.
^Flight prices are indicative, based on passenger numbers and may vary dependent on your individual flight dates. Prices were found by customers on the date in the right hand column labelled "Last Updated" and may vary. Complete a new search to view live pricing.
Cheap Brisbane to Melbourne Flights
Looking for a weekend away from the city? Or want to discover Australia's events capital?
Then pack your bags and book a ticket to Melbourne! This vibrant city is a food lovers and sports enthusiasts haven. Plus, it boasts some of the country's top musicals.
The best part? It's only a 2h 20 min flight from Brisbane to Melbourne. Qantas, Virgin Australia, Jetstar and Tigerair all offer non-stop flights to Melbourne Tullamarine Airport (MEL).
With 264 flights a week, you have more than enough options to find the perfect departure time that fits your schedule.
Ready to book your flight? Before you do, here's a quick rundown on what you need to know when flying from Brisbane to Melbourne.
Departing from Brisbane Airport
Getting to Brisbane Airport
Located 12 km from the city centre, a trip to Brisbane Airport on board the SkyTrain takes only 20-minutes. Tickets cost AUD 15 one-way and trains depart every 15 minutes from 5:04 a.m. to 10:04 p.m.
Another affordable option is to take the public bus. TransLink offers a service that connects passengers to Brisbane with its 569 and 590 routes. There are also coaches that provide direct transfers between the airport and the CBD.
If you want to take a cab or use a ride-sharing service, you can get dropped off at the front of the domestic terminal. A one-way fare will set you back AUD 33-42 depending on the traffic.
Parking at Brisbane Airport
Parking at Brisbane Airport is safe, affordable and convenient. If you book online, you can pick up rates for as low as AUD 5 a day. Plus, the airport boasts a ParkValet service and a car wash.
Which Long-Term Parking Option is the Best for You?
ParkLong is the best option for stays longer than four hours. It's the closest long-term option to the domestic terminal and is just a short 3 to 10-minute walk to the check-in counters.
Park Premium is the most expensive option but gives you absolute convenience. It's located on level 3 of the P1 Domestic car park and has express entry and exit ramps into the terminal.
ParkValet is ideal for passengers who don't want to waste time looking for a parking spot. Simply drop off your car, grab your luggage and make your way to the check-in counters.
Arriving at Melbourne Airport
Getting from Melbourne Airport to Your Hotel
- The most convenient way to get from Melbourne Airport to your hotel is with a cab. You can grab one outside the arrivals terminal by the taxi counter. The CBD is a 30-minute ride if there isn't any traffic and costs AUD 56-62 one way.
- Rideshare services also operate from the airport. Qantas and Virgin Australia passengers will find their drivers by the rideshare pickup zone at lane one of the forecourt. If you're flying Jetstar or TigerAir, ask your driver to meet you at the pick-up zone on level 2 inside the T4 Ground Transport Hub.
- If you want to save money on transportation from the airport, you can take the SkyBus City Express service. It runs 24 hours a day, 7-ways a week every 10 minutes and a trip into the CBD will only set you back AUD 19 one-way.
- Other bus options at the airport include the Airport Shuttle Bus, regional and charter services as well as regular public buses.
- For travellers that want to hire a car, you'll find six car rental companies to choose from at the ground floor of the arrival terminal.
Things to Do in Melbourne
- Melbourne has something to offer every kind of traveller. Spend a day exploring its interesting museums like the National Gallery of Victoria and the Melbourne Museum.
- For sports fans, you can attend one of the many world-class sporting events. Choose from cricket, rugby, or Australian Motorcycle Grand Prix to name a few.
- Nature lovers can escape the bustle of the city by heading to the Royal Botanic Gardens or the Port Campbell National Park.