Compare Cheap Flights from Alice springs to Melbourne, Australia
Looking for cheap flights to Melbourne from Alice springs? Use Webjet's deal finder to help you compare flights, carriers and seating classes all year round. You'll be sure to find the right flight to match your budget, plans and travel preferences.
|Departure Date||Last Updated^|
*Prices on this page are subject to change without notice, perform a search to view live pricing. Prices are inclusive of taxes and airline surcharges. Webjet fees per flight booking: Webjet Servicing Fee: Domestic $21.95, NZ/Pacific $24.95, International $32.95. Booking Price Guarantee: Domestic $12.95, NZ/Pacific $14.95, International $21.95. Varying payment fees are included in the price breakdown on Webjet’s checkout page, once your payment method has been selected.
^Flight prices are indicative, based on passenger numbers and may vary dependent on your individual flight dates. Prices were found by customers on the date in the right hand column labelled "Last Updated" and may vary. Complete a new search to view live pricing.
Cheapest time to fly to Melbourne
Best flight deals in September
Cheapest Price from Alice springs to Melbourne
Currency used in Melbourne
Average Time to Melbourne
Current Time in Melbourne
Average Temperature in Melbourne
Average Rainfall in Melbourne
See more of Melbourne
Cheap Alice Springs to Melbourne Flights
Melbourne is one of Australia's top holiday destinations. It frequently tops the world's list of most livable cities and is considered the sporting capital of the country.
With seven direct flights each week between Alice Springs and Melbourne, you can be exploring Australia's second largest metropolis in just 2h 50 min. Book your trip with Qantas or Virgin Australia and use Webjet to uncover the lowest airfare prices for your travel dates.
Ready to pack your bags and go explore someplace new? Here's everything you need to know about flying from Alice Springs to Melbourne!
Departing from Alice Springs
Getting to Alice Springs Airport
There are no public buses or trains that connect the city to the airport.
The best way to get to the departure terminals is with the airport bus service. It runs from select hotels and hostels in the city and costs as little as AUD 16.50 per person.
Alternatively, you can hail a taxi. A ride from the CBD to the airport will cost around AUD 20.
Parking at Alice Springs Airport
Alice Springs Airport has two parking options available:
- Short-Term Parking: Located in front of the terminal building, only leave your car here if you're going to Melbourne for the day. The lot charges by the hour and a 12-24 hour stay will set you back AUD 22.
- Long-Term Parking: If you're spending a few days in Melbourne, save money on by using this lot. It costs AUD 17 per day for a stay of 1-4 days and then AUD 12 per day thereafter.
Arriving at Melbourne Airport
Getting from Melbourne Airport to Your Hotel
Use the Skybus City Express. The service runs between Melbourne's CBD and the airport 24 hours a day. It's the best way to get into the city if you're arriving on a red-eye flight and tickets only cost AUD 19 per person.
Take a cab or use a ride-sharing service to get into town. The taxi drivers will be waiting outside of the terminal building, and the trip will cost between AUD 56-62.
Rent a car. If you want freedom of movement while in the city or you're planning a few day trips, you'll find several car rental companies to choose from inside the Arrivals Hall.
Things to Do in Melbourne
- Go to Melbourne's famous sports stadium. It's one of the best in the world and has hosted the 1956 Olympic Games and the 2006 Commonwealth Games. You can take a 75-minute tour of the facilities that also includes a look at some of the greatest moments in sporting history.
- Visit the National Gallery of Victoria. Its Australia's oldest gallery and houses more than 70,000 pieces of art.
- Book a cruise down the Yarra River. You'll sail past many of Melbourne's top sights including the Royal Botanic Gardens and the Melbourne Cricket Ground.
- Go to Queen Victoria Market and browse its many stalls. The market has been open since 1878 and has everything from souvenirs to clothing and delicious fresh produce.