Compare Cheap Flights to Manchester, United Kingdom
Named one of Lonely Planet's top 10 destinations to visit in the world, there's no reason not to visit this bustling English city. Check out Webjet's latest deals, find a flight that suits your budget and get ready to discover for yourself what makes Manchester so great!
|Flights to Manchester||Apr 2019||May 2019||Jun 2019||Jul 2019||Aug 2019||Sep 2019|
|Departing Brisbane||Cheapest Price|
|Departing Melbourne||Cheapest Price||Cheapest Price|
|Departing Perth||Cheapest Price|
|Departing Sydney||Cheapest Price|
*Prices on this page are subject to change without notice, perform a search to view live pricing. Prices are inclusive of taxes and airline surcharges. Webjet fees per flight booking: Webjet Servicing Fee: Domestic $21.95, NZ/Pacific $24.95, International $32.95. Booking Price Guarantee: Domestic $12.95, NZ/Pacific $14.95, International $21.95. Varying payment fees are included in the price breakdown on Webjet’s checkout page, once your payment method has been selected.
^Flight prices are indicative, based on passenger numbers and may vary dependent on your individual flight dates. Prices were found by customers on the date in the right hand column labelled "Last Updated" and may vary. Complete a new search to view live pricing.
Cheapest time to fly to Manchester
Best flight deals in April
Cheapest Price to Manchester
Currency used in Manchester
Average Time to Manchester
Current Time in Manchester
Average Temperature in Manchester
Average Rainfall in Manchester
See more of Manchester
Know Before You Go
- If you want to shop till you drop, head to Trafford Center. It is just outside of Manchester and is the largest shopping centre in the UK. With over 280 stores and countless restaurants, don't forget to wear comfortable shoes.
- With a large student population, Manchester's club is one of the best in the country. Check out Sankey's and FAC 251 where Daft Punk and the Chemical Brothers got their start in the electronic dance scene.
- Manchester is only two hours away from London by train. If you book your tickets in advance, it's a cheap day trip into the capital.
- Check to see if your travel dates will coincide with Open Doors Manchester. Three times a year the city hosts a mobile art fair where you can take old school trolleys to art galleries, art centres and museums - for free!
- Manchester is one of the cheapest cities to visit if you are on a tight budget. Download free self-guided tours, enjoy three-course specials at restaurants and get into comedy clubs for free with a valid student ID.
Getting Around Manchester
Manchester has an extensive public transport making it easy and affordable to get around the city. It's also a walkable city, with a centre you can explore within 20 minutes on foot.
- If you are on a budget, the best way to get around is with the Metroshuttle. It's a free hop-on, hop-off bus within the city centre that links to all the railway stations, business areas and shopping districts.
- If you need to get back to your hotel late at night after exploring the city's many clubs, grab a night bus. The late service runs every Friday and Saturday until 03:30 from Manchester Piccadilly Gardens to other city centre stops. Plus, it will only cost you GBP 3 or less.
- The Metrolink is another popular way to get around the city. It boasts frequent services, making it one of the fastest public transport options if you are in a rush.
- If you need to travel on a combination of transportation options, buy a System One Travelcard. You'll be able to transfer seamlessly from bus to bus or bus to tram as many times as you like.
- For travellers who want to travel between the city centre, Old Trafford and to Trafford Centre, take a ride on the city's newest transport option - Water Taxis. Waxis run seven days a week and tickets can be bought online.
When is The Best Time to Visit Manchester?
The best time to visit Manchester is during its summer months from June to August. The heat is mild, and there are a range of activities and festivals to keep you busy. However, it is also peak tourist season as travellers fly in from all over. Expect high airfares, an increase in hotel rates and slim pickings for accommodation if you haven't booked a few weeks in advance.
The city's shoulder months of spring (March to May) and autumn (September) are a good option if you want to avoid the summer rush. Temperatures are cool, and rates are lower than usual.
But if you want to stretch your budget to its limit, visit the city during its winter months. From January to February you'll find reduced airfare prices and special offers on accommodation. While snow is uncommon in Manchester, don't forget to pack some waterproof jackets for the occupational showers.
If you are visiting Manchester for its club scene, the best time to go is from September to December. There is a 12-week long party at the "Warehouse Project", the best club in the UK that is only open during those months.
Airports in Manchester
Manchester is an international airport located 14 km from the city centre. It's the third busiest airport in the United Kingdom and flies passengers to over 190 destinations around the world. It's a hub for Flybe and is the only airport in the UK other than Heathrow to operate two runways over 3,289 yards in length.
Getting to and from Manchester Airport
Trains leave every 10 minutes from the airport to Manchester Piccadilly. It should take you 20 minutes to get into the city centre, or you can take a line to a different destination in the UK.
Trams are another affordable option to get into Manchester. The line from the airport goes directly to Cornbrook. From there you can catch another tram to your final destination. Tickets are available from machines on every platform, and the trams run every 12 minutes.
If you find yourself arriving late at night or early in the morning at Manchester Airport, you can take a night bus. The bus service runs 24/7 including weekends and bank holidays.
If you don't feel like lugging your bags around on public transport, you can take a taxi straight to your hotel. Prices cost around GBP 30 from the airport to Piccadilly and should be negotiated before departure.